New show on AMC, The Terror

lovin'fl

DIS Veteran
Who's watching (even with the trick AMC did listing TWD as a 2 hour episode but having 1st episode of Terror in there)? I am watching and really like it. Great cast. Fantastic scenery. Storyline is interesting so far. I just have to put on subtitles from now on, lol.

I recorded what they called Episode 1 and it’s about 2 hours. The next one set to record is Episode 3and is 1 hour. Was what was on last night actually TWO episodes?

I recorded what they called Episode 1 and it’s about 2 hours. The next one set to record is Episode 3and is 1 hour. Was what was on last night actually TWO episodes?
yes. it was episode 1 and 2. They also snuck episode 1 in after Walking Dead on Sunday.

Who's watching (even with the trick AMC did listing TWD as a 2 hour episode but having 1st episode of Terror in there)? I am watching and really like it. Great cast. Fantastic scenery. Storyline is interesting so far. I just have to put on subtitles from now on, lol.

Ah, we weren't the only ones that had to turn on the closed captioning!

Ha, I didn't think about turning on subtitles!
I am watching. I ended up recording the first episode twice because of their sneaky little trick. Which was good, because I rewatched the opening scene in a quieter room so I could hear better.
I like the atmosphere and the cast, but I think it's a bit slow. I am hoping it picks up now.
Question, the flashback scenes with the one Captain and his niece, was the other Captain that was in the hallway the one that kept proposing to her and wasn't good enough for her?

Ha, I didn't think about turning on subtitles!
I am watching. I ended up recording the first episode twice because of their sneaky little trick. Which was good, because I rewatched the opening scene in a quieter room so I could hear better.
I like the atmosphere and the cast, but I think it's a bit slow. I am hoping it picks up now.
Question, the flashback scenes with the one Captain and his niece, was the other Captain that was in the hallway the one that kept proposing to her and wasn't good enough for her?
yes, i gather the 'grumpy' serious captain is who that was. hence, the other captain wanting to repair their relationship.

yes, i gather the 'grumpy' serious captain is who that was. hence, the other captain wanting to repair their relationship.

Yes definitely him. I'm interested in learning the reasons why the other captain was so adamant against his daughter/sister? marrying the grumpy captain.

Yes definitely him. I'm interested in learning the reasons why the other captain was so adamant against his daughter/sister? marrying the grumpy captain.
He definitely called her his niece at the breakfast table. I didn't get him thinking their relationship was damaged because he chose not to combine the two ships, once we saw that flashback, when clearly the damage was done awhile ago.

I am not sure but maybe because he is Irish. He had that convo with the Irish shipmate guy who was fixing the latrine. Seems the Irish were not regarded as high society?????

How did I not hear about this show until I saw this thread???? Just looked it up on IMDB and this is so my kind of show....historic, sea captains and horror. Going to see if its on demand!!

MJ

curious if anyone is still watching this? I gave up a few weeks ago, I found it REALLY boring.

curious if anyone is still watching this? I gave up a few weeks ago, I found it REALLY boring.
I got really into it. In fact, last weekend, I re-watched all the episodes from the beginning. Sometimes I miss things while I'm playing on my phone. :rolleyes1

I live it. I have to watch each episode twice to get all the little links and hints and details.

So thoughts on impostor Hickey?

Imposter Hickey? What do

What do you mean by Impostor Hickey? Did I miss something?
They showed a young clean shaved different Hickey getting his work papers at the beginning and then at the end they show our Hickey arriving for duty with the facial hair. He's a cra cra who maybe killed real Hickey and took his work papers. When the guy, checking him in, notices Hickey doesn't know what he's doing and says something about trying something new and Hickey says 'trying everything new'. ALso, notice the storage locker box he's standing by, that he's assigned to. It's the same one Capt Crozier closes as they leave the ship. Remember the close up of the initials...and Crozier looks at them too (I think he runs his fingers across them). Initials were EC. Not CH for Hickey. Also leads one to wonder about the C in the EC initials....hmmmm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter