Our first time at Oga’s my son & I were seated on the stools at the 1st table on the left when you enter. We saw absolutely nothing. It was a huge letdown. Before we even left I booked another reservation for the last day of our trip. That time we requested a standing spot. Despite our feet/legs aching at that point of the trip, we enjoyed that visit much more.
We always request standing spots at the bar because that seems to be where the action is. The service is better there (i.e. much easier to flag a CM at any time for whatever we need) and the bartenders are really fun. And we always notice new things on the bar that we missed on previous visits.

I think the bar is best for 1-3 people, for all the reasons @theluckyrabbit mentioned. The only downside is if you have more than 3 people, conversation can be a bit awkward at the bar - just like at any bar.

For 3+ people I think the middle standing tables are best. Yes, you’re kind of “in the middle”, but that affords you a good view of everything.

The seated tables seem to be the most coveted, but I think they’re the least desirable unless you have a large enough group to fill the entire table, or have been to the cantina before and don’t care about having an easy view of the place.

We flew home with 2 lightsabers as a carry-on and it counted towards our limit of 2 carryons. I don't think tying them together would make it count as only one item though. We stored them in the overhead compartment making sure the bags below them kept them even and there wasn't any issues.

On one of my trips to Florida, I built a Savi's saber then bought the deluxe lightsaber case as well - so I had two long cases to carry back...

I packed the actual hilt of the lightsaber in my luggage (leaving the blade in the case), then strapped the two lightsaber cases together by unhooking and inter-twining the carrying straps for each case, with the tops (where the hilts would be) folded over. I carried the two bundled together with a backpack to go under my seat and they didn't say anything - even two bundled together are small enough as you said they can fit in overhead with other luggage, they were able to fit behind bags in my overhead. So the two cases only counted as one item. They were wrapped tight enough it looked like one item...

Hello, I am going to Disneyland in October 2020 and am very excited about Galaxy Edge. My family: husband, son (7), daughter (5), are all Star Wars fans and are planning to spend a lot of money there. I've been reading a lot to know what to save up for. My husband and I are planning on building our own light sabers, and each kid will make a droid.

Some questions I have are:
- I've read that the droids we build interact in Galaxy Edge, but that is all I have read. Does anyone have a better explanation?

If you carry them around so you can see the droids, at times they will start chirping in reaction to other droids being nearby - like in the droid workshop itself, or in a few other areas. This aspect seems to be a little more limited than I was hoping for, the droids are pretty fun and work well but just be aware they may not interact a lot.

- A lot of posts I've read were back when GE first opened and reservations to get into the land were needed. I know we need reservations for the cantina, but I've read blogs that said they weren't seated even with reservations and had to stand at a bar with kids. Is this still true? I wouldn't want to pay so much money on drinks and not get to sit especially with kids.

Lots of others have responded, basically it is true that even with reservations you may not get to sit. Honestly I think what I would try for, is to go to Ogas fairly early when the line is short, and ask if you can wait for a seat - or if not just go in for a short time, a lot of times in the morning it seems like you can wait just a short time in the morning and get in without a reservation. It's worth going inside as it is very cool and the kids would enjoy DJ Rexx, if you can't get a seat just don't stay long (you do need to order at least a drink). The other benefit of going in the morning is they have some things the kids might like to eat and or drink that are not there later.

- Do many people bring their kids into the Cantina? I imagine a lot of people do because if you are traveling with kids it is your only option. My kids are fairly well behaved in public, but it does seem weird to bring my kids into a bar, even a cool Star Wars bar.

Yes there are a fair number of kids, it's defiantly more Star Wars than bar so it's totally fine.

- I've read lots of accounts of people flying home with their light sabers that they built. Some had no problems others had to check them in as extra luggage. If my husband and I are each building one, I wonder if we could tie them together so that would count as one carry on item? Does anyone have any advice about flying home with light sabers?

See my other post about what I did, basically took hilts off, folded case ends over and strapped two cases together to make one item. It was one carryon even though it can fit behind other bags in a standard overhead bin. I think international bins would still be long enough to hold them, if not you could probably keep the cases at your feet.

- What personally made me love Star Wars as a kid was the unusual animals in the movies. Tuan Tuans are amazing and tears were shed when one died from the cold. I've seen a picture of a stuffed animal Tuan Tuan at the critter store. Does anyone have an idea what this small stuffed animal costs? I'm guessing $20, but this is Disneyland so I could be way under estimating. I imagine I will want all the stuffed animal creatures and it will be hard for me not to spend my savings on all of them. Any info or tips about this particular store would be greatly appreciated.

They do have a lot of fun stuffed animals and other unique Star Wars toys there for sure, as someone else noted they have gone up a bit in price since opening so it's going to be a little expensive.

Thanks in advance for and information or tips you can give about Galaxy Edge.

Just wanted to also mention building a light saber is very worth while experience so don't drop that, also you may want to think about getting a few other color Kyber crystals at Dok Ondars to go in your sabers. It's very easy to change them out.

Also getting the max pass for the parks may be something you want to do as they have some fun magic shots your family could get inside Batuu. Make sure to go both day and night, as the place really looks amazing all lit up, but is also fun to see everything during the day when you can see all the details.

October should be a great time to go, they should have both rides running pretty smoothly by then so you should have a great trip!

I’m wondering if I should go to Oga’s. I’m going January 15-18 with my mother and I don’t think she’ll be super interested. I saw there are some reservations available while we are there. Neither of us drink alcohol and I have recently become a huge Star Wars fan (SWGE got me more interested lol). I might enjoy it but I don’t want it to take that long. How long does it usually take and is it worth it for the Star Wars experience rather than just for good drinks?

I’m wondering if I should go to Oga’s. I’m going January 15-18 with my mother and I don’t think she’ll be super interested. I saw there are some reservations available while we are there. Neither of us drink alcohol and I have recently become a huge Star Wars fan (SWGE got me more interested lol). I might enjoy it but I don’t want it to take that long. How long does it usually take and is it worth it for the Star Wars experience rather than just for good drinks?

I don't drink either and I thought Oga's has a nice assortment of non-alcoholic drinks, and a fun atmosphere with good music. If you want a specialty mug they can put another drink in it besides an alcoholic one... if you were planning to be at GE fairly early (which I'm thinking you are if you plan to ride Rise of the Resistance over that timeframe?) then you may just want to try walking in if you see the line is short. Also in the morning only they serve my favorite non-alcoholic drink, the Tourine Tea that comes with a fresh huckleberry. Delicious! Probably easiest to try and get in on the 15th or 16th, in the days before the new ride opens and brings in larger crowds.

You can make it a fairly quick experience as they want to move people through anyway, it may take a few minutes before you get to place you drink order but you can ask for the check when you order, and could probably be done in 15-20 minutes with drinking time factored in.

You can always make a reservation and just go in, look and leave. We’ve been in and out in twenty minutes ordering drinks.... I find every drink we’ve tried that’s non alcoholic to be super sweet. So in my opinion the drinks are meh but the ambiance is cool. I’m going again with my parents in January because my dad hasn’t been to Disneyland since 1955, and my mom thinks he’ll love the bar and the theme, but aside from that, we’ve done it twice and we’re over it!

@theluckyrabbit can we start a new SWGE thread that doesn’t get bundled in with all other SWGE news for the boarding group situation for ROTR at Disneyland? I can start it but I don’t want to start it if it will just get merged into this massive thread.
A ROTR thread would be a great call! We’re sure to have a lot of people seeking info that won’t be able to wade through everything here.

In addition to its massive length, this thread has gotten tough to read because a lot of the posts are totally out of context. They were written in response to OPs that can’t be tracked due to merging... so they don’t make sense on their own. I popped in the other day and was several pages behind and tried to read through to see if I’d missed anything, and I couldn’t tell who was responding to what. I don’t think anything can really be done about that from a tech perspective, but a ROTR post would at least help with some differentiation.

@theluckyrabbit can we start a new SWGE thread that doesn’t get bundled in with all other SWGE news for the boarding group situation for ROTR at Disneyland? I can start it but I don’t want to start it if it will just get merged into this massive thread.
A ROTR thread would be a great call! We’re sure to have a lot of people seeking info that won’t be able to wade through everything here.

In addition to its massive length, this thread has gotten tough to read because a lot of the posts are totally out of context. They were written in response to OPs that can’t be tracked due to merging... so they don’t make sense on their own. I popped in the other day and was several pages behind and tried to read through to see if I’d missed anything, and I couldn’t tell who was responding to what. I don’t think anything can really be done about that from a tech perspective, but a ROTR post would at least help with some differentiation.
There is a boarding group thread in disney planning already. they are covering what is currently going on in WDW as well as DLR speculation.
Not sure if that helps or not.
Boarding Group Thread

Okay, I know it's not really called "Star Wars Land", but we were last at DL last April before it opened, so I was wondering what the best walking route would be after rope drop?

Which train station is the closest? Would it be better to hustle by foot, or take the train?

Thanks in advance. We'll be there February 3rd and I just want to have a plan/strategy. I am guessing we should go there first thing.

Okay, I know it's not really called "Star Wars Land", but we were last at DL last April before it opened, so I was wondering what the best walking route would be after rope drop?

Which train station is the closest? Would it be better to hustle by foot, or take the train?

Thanks in advance. We'll be there February 3rd and I just want to have a plan/strategy. I am guessing we should go there first thing.
At rope drop it’s by foot. They take everyone in via the entrance by hungry bear.

At rope drop it’s by foot. They take everyone in via the entrance by hungry bear.

This is not what we experienced on our December trip. They opened all 3 gates. I lead my family all the way over to the Hungry Bear entrance for nothing and we ended up being way back in line for MFSR.

When we were there in October, we were entering from FL at rope drop. Did they change it so you have to use the HB entrance now?

When we were there in October, we were entering from FL at rope drop. Did they change it so you have to use the HB entrance now?
Hmm, I haven’t roped dropped in a bit but they had everyone go in through critter country to control lines the last time I did. I don’t remember when it was though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter