New to DDP, How exactly does it work?

Matthew Caito

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are going to be getting the DDP for the first time. i am a well experienced WDW traveler but im not sure how it works. Are there any places i cant use the sit down credits? are some more then others? How do i know what i can use it on and what i cant before i go to the restaurant? for instance, We love Ohana and Via Napoli, 1900 Park fare, Narcossees etc. Are these covered with the DDP? Also we are staying on property for 3 days 4 nights. Is it useful for each day you are on property or only the amount of days you have tickets for? Any help would be great!

My wife and I are going to be getting the DDP for the first time. i am a well experienced WDW traveler but im not sure how it works. Are there any places i cant use the sit down credits? are some more then others? How do i know what i can use it on and what i cant before i go to the restaurant? for instance, We love Ohana and Via Napoli, 1900 Park fare, Narcossees etc. Are these covered with the DDP? Also we are staying on property for 3 days 4 nights. Is it useful for each day you are on property or only the amount of days you have tickets for? Any help would be great!

You have to get the DDP for every NIGHT you are there, so in your case, you will have 4 nights. That means each of you will have 4 TS credits, 4 QS credits, and 8 snacks to use over your 3 days. The credits are all available from the time you check in until midnight of your check-out day. You can use them all in one day if you want, but I doubt you want to do that.

Here is a link to all the participating restaurants: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m...ld/en_us/PDF/Jan_2018_DDP_Locations_added.pdf

For QS, you get an entree and drink. If the entree is a combo (burger and fries), you get the combo. If it isn't (salad), you only get what's listed.
For TS, you get entree, dessert, and drink. If the restaurant has "sides" as a separate category, those are NOT included.

For the most part, anything on the menu in the categories above is eligible for DDP, so check out the menus and see what you might want to eat.

The TS credits are good for all sit down restaurants. It is 1 TS credit for all except signature restaurants, which cost 2 credits - this includes CRT, LeCellier, Narcosses, California Grill, etc. - see the link above from PP for more info.

You have to get the DDP for every NIGHT you are there, so in your case, you will have 4 nights. That means each of you will have 4 TS credits, 4 QS credits, and 8 snacks to use over your 3 days. The credits are all available from the time you check in until midnight of your check-out day. You can use them all in one day if you want, but I doubt you want to do that.

Here is a link to all the participating restaurants: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m...ld/en_us/PDF/Jan_2018_DDP_Locations_added.pdf

For QS, you get an entree and drink. If the entree is a combo (burger and fries), you get the combo. If it isn't (salad), you only get what's listed.
For TS, you get entree, dessert, and drink. If the restaurant has "sides" as a separate category, those are NOT included.

For the most part, anything on the menu in the categories above is eligible for DDP, so check out the menus and see what you might want to eat.
This is a huge help, I am there sunday to wednesday so im there 3 nights and 4 days. does that mean i get 3 TS,3 QS and 6 snacks? (each)

If you are going to do a 2credit TS meal (Narcoosee's), figure out what the best use of credits is and which other meal you want to pay OOP for. We are arriving late on a Wednesday evening, so even though we have 6 nights, we only need 5 TS dinners, so we'll use that 6th TS credit as the second credit for our dinner at Narcoosee's. If we weren't... I'd calculate the cost of our meals individually, then determine if it's more cost-effective to use the 2 credits at Narc's or pay OOP at Narc's and use the 2 ts credits at 2 other restaurants. As you'll only be there 3 nights, it's harder to do, but snack credits are good for a BUNCH of stuff (buffalo wings at Terra or Mac-n-cheese at 8 Spoon Cafe, both in AK) so you could use those as a "meal" at some point, too. The real beauty of this year's DDP is that there is an ADULT BEVERAGE included with each QS and TS credit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter