New to DVC - have a few questions

Mrs Lapo

Mouseketeer
Hi, So we're not the DVC member. We bought the points from a friend and she booked our reservation for us. Now I would like to add on the Disney Dining plan and the park tickets but I think she has to do it?? I tried calling on my own but they said they needed to speak to her. So I am trying to gather all the information possible before I bother her again. My questions are what is the total cost going to be to add on the meal plan & the park ticket? Is there a discount booking through DVC or is it the same price as on the regular Disney site? And can I just give her my credit card to charge this to when she calls in to add them on? She live rather far from me so we would not be able to call in together.

Also, we are staying at Old Key West so any tips or pointers that anyone has would be great!

Thanks so much!!

You don't own the reservation. She does. That's why member services will not talk to you. You didn't buy the points, you are renting them from her.

She must call to add any dining or Magical Express. She should give you the confirmation number which you can link to your MDE account... remember although you can see the reservation, she still owns it. This will allow you to make 60+day fast pass reservations like any other guest staying on property... provided you have tickets that are linked.

You would buy your own tickets... not something she needs or particularly would want to do, I'm sure. There would be no applicable discounts. You can get a small discount buying online from Undercover Tourist.

You don't own the reservation. She does. That's why member services will not talk to you. You didn't buy the points, you are renting them from her.

She must call to add any dining or Magical Express. She should give you the confirmation number which you can link to your MDE account... remember although you can see the reservation, she still owns it. This will allow you to make 60+day fast pass reservations like any other guest staying on property... provided you have tickets that are linked.

You would buy your own tickets... not something she needs or particularly would want to do, I'm sure. There would be no applicable discounts. You can get a small discount buying online from Undercover Tourist.

Yes, I am planning on buying the park tickets from Undercover tourist and linking them to our reservation. That I can do on my own. I just felt bad bothering her to add everything esle on so I am trying to have it all together so she only has to contact them one more time on our behalf. I do have our flights booked so I wanted to add on the dining plan at the same time. This I would need to pay for. Do you have any information on the cost associated with that? Thanks so much!!

The 2018 Quick Service Disney Dining Plan nightly cost is $52.49 per adult
The 2018 standard Disney Dining Plan is $75.49,
The 2018 Deluxe Disney Dining Plan is $116.24,

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-dining-plan.htm

https://www.google.com/search?q=dis.....69i57j0l5.7292j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

OK, thank you. I just wasn't sure if there were any additional discounts for it being a DVC reservation or if it was the same price. This clears it up. Thanks so much!!

"Debbie Jean" & "BillPA" gave you the info on dining plan & how to get things done, I just wanted to answer your comment about "Also, we are staying at Old Key West so any tips or pointers that anyone has would be great!" We LOVE OKW. It is a large resort, so look at a map & see where you'd like to stay so you can put in for a request When your friend makes these latest updates. If you have young kids the main pool is wonderful, but the bus stop at Hospitality house is always crowded it seems. We like to stay near the "Turtle Pond" pool, since it has a snack bar, but there is no fancy slides or theming, just a regular "rectangular" pool!
Make sure, if you go to "Disney Springs" take the boat.. It is so relaxing & truly pretty coming into DS at night with all the lights...
Also, some people don't know, but there is a "resort bus" that goes around the resort only not to the parks.. So if you want to get to Hospitality House or the pool, you can get on any Park bus OR the "Internal resort" bus.
Debbie

Last edited:

"Debbie Jean" & "BillPA" gave you the info on dining plan & how to get things done, I just wanted to answer your comment about "Also, we are staying at Old Key West so any tips or pointers that anyone has would be great!" We LOVE OKW. It is a large resort, so look at a map & see where you'd like to stay so you can put in for a request When your friend makes these latest updates. If you have young kids the main pool is wonderful, but the bus stop at Hospitality house is always crowded it seems. We like to stay near the "Turtle Pond" pool, since it has a snack bar, but there is no fancy slides or theming, just a regular "rectangular" pool!
Make sure, if you go to "Disney Springs" take the boat.. It is so relaxing & truly pretty coming into DS at night with all the lights...
Also, some people don't know, but there is a "resort bus" that goes around the resort only not to the parks.. So if you want to get to Hospitality House or the pool, you can get on any Park bus OR the "Internal resort" bus.
Debbie
Great!! Thank you for the tips. I did briefly look at a map and couldn't believe how big it was & it looks like there is a lot to do just at the resort alone. I didn't really plan any "down days" but we will definitely spend some time at the hotel. It looks so beautiful!!

Most of the buildings do not have elevators. So plan on hiking the stairs to get to your villa. It makes it reasonable not to overload for the trip. You can hop any bus and wind up at the Hospitality House where the store, Olivia's, Goods to Go and the themed pool are located. Then you can either walk back to your villa or walk over to the Peninsular Road bus stop and take a bus back to your area. The theme park bus route is Peninsular Road, South Point, Turtle Pond, Mller's Road and Hospitality House. For the internal bus (and Disney Springs bus, but you can also take a boat to Disney Springs), the route is HH, Millers Road, Peninsular Road, South Point, Turtle Pond and back to the HH. If you are in a studio, you can do your laundry for no cost at the laundry rooms by the pools. You'll need laundry detergent if you stay in a studio. If you are in a one bedroom or larger, you'll have a washer and dryer in the villa and they will provide a single use box of laundry detergent each time they service your villa (every four days). If you need clean towels in between those visits you can purchase a towel pack from Housekeeping (just call and they will bring you four extra bath towels, four extra face cloths, two extra hand towels and an extra tub mat) for $6.

Most of the buildings do not have elevators. So plan on hiking the stairs to get to your villa. It makes it reasonable not to overload for the trip. You can hop any bus and wind up at the Hospitality House where the store, Olivia's, Goods to Go and the themed pool are located. Then you can either walk back to your villa or walk over to the Peninsular Road bus stop and take a bus back to your area. The theme park bus route is Peninsular Road, South Point, Turtle Pond, Mller's Road and Hospitality House. For the internal bus (and Disney Springs bus, but you can also take a boat to Disney Springs), the route is HH, Millers Road, Peninsular Road, South Point, Turtle Pond and back to the HH. If you are in a studio, you can do your laundry for no cost at the laundry rooms by the pools. You'll need laundry detergent if you stay in a studio. If you are in a one bedroom or larger, you'll have a washer and dryer in the villa and they will provide a single use box of laundry detergent each time they service your villa (every four days). If you need clean towels in between those visits you can purchase a towel pack from Housekeeping (just call and they will bring you four extra bath towels, four extra face cloths, two extra hand towels and an extra tub mat) for $6.

Thank you!! All of this is good to know! We have a 2 BR Villa as there are 6 of us. I may bring a little detergent then bc 4 of those people are children. But that's great to know that we have a washer/dryer right in our room. And also good to know hospitality doesn't come everyday like in the other resorts. So I will make sure the kids each have a spot for their towels so there are no mix ups. And thanks for the heads up about no elevator. We have no strollers on this trip so hopefully that won't be an issue for us. Someone else mentioned boating over to the Springs at night so I have added that to the list of "to do's". Thank you very much for all the info!!

If you want to be close to the Hospitality House and don’t have that booking category, you can get very reasonably close to it by requesting “Peninsular Road” and “close to transportation”. We love OKW. Olivia’s is a great restaurant and the Resort CMs are the best!

Thank you!! All of this is good to know! We have a 2 BR Villa as there are 6 of us. I may bring a little detergent then bc 4 of those people are children. But that's great to know that we have a washer/dryer right in our room. And also good to know hospitality doesn't come everyday like in the other resorts. So I will make sure the kids each have a spot for their towels so there are no mix ups. And thanks for the heads up about no elevator. We have no strollers on this trip so hopefully that won't be an issue for us. Someone else mentioned boating over to the Springs at night so I have added that to the list of "to do's". Thank you very much for all the info!!
Bell Services will help you bring your things to your room if you want them to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter