New to gaming help please

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So I’m looking to start playing some games. Never been a gamer. A few questions please
1. I don’t want something on my TV looking for like a handheld or games to play on my iPad. Am I better off buying like a switch or just buying games from the Apple Store?
2. I love all things Disney and want to play some Disney games that are beginner level. For example I saw Dreamlight Valley on the Apple Store and I think the download is $39 is this a normal price per game?

For context I’m an adult just looking for something to play when traveling or sitting on the couch and watching TV.

Any input appreciated

I was in the same boat as you. I almost bought a switch to play Dreamlight Valley, but was able to borrow a friend’s. After 15 minutes I realized there was a reason I’m not a gamer! Try Disney Magic Kigdoms for free on the App Store. Even if the style of gameplay isn’t your cup of tea, it might give you the fix you are looking for.

You would probably have more options games wise if you bought a Switch and if you get one where the controllers can be removed, you could hook it up to your TV (I know you said you don't want to use the TV, it's just an additional option). I'm not sure if I would recommend you buying a Switch if you're only interested in playing Disney games. Even secondhand consoles are quite pricey.

Dreamlight Valley recently left early access (another way or saying beta) so it does cost $39.99 on every platform. I haven't played it but my sister has and she is having fun.

For light gaming I'd suggest a switch lite. Much cheaper and a good entry console to get a feel if you'd want to purchase something more expensive. More expensive option - for light gaming I would just get an entry gaming laptop like the gigabyte Aorus it will run you more however you can dual purpose as your home laptop and use for gaming.

I agree with starting with Disney Magic Kingdoms. It is free but does have in app purchases.

Disney Emoji Blitz and TsumTsum are also good app puzzle games.

Starting Disney Magic Kingdoms at this point would be frustrating to mee. Too many characters are unobtainable. If you only want to follow the main storyline, then have fun. But if there are characters required along the way to help you earn other characters more easily, you're stuck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter