New to RunDisney Question

This is another post cautioning about arrival days. Due to JetBlue flight cancellations I've had two races severely impacted. In one instance, we learned about the JetBlue cancellation early enough to drive the whole way down to make the race. In the other instance the JetBlue flight was delayed multiple times and eventually cancelled, and I missed my race entirely. (And enjoyed a delightful night on the floor of the airport. :/) While my multiple awful cancellation experiences were with JetBlue, I heard similar problems with other airlines from passengers during my airport overnight.

It's not enough to make a "day before" arrival with the way flights are cancelling now. It's important to give yourself "two days before" arrival to make sure you actually get there.

We are DVC but the points charts are a bit high so we were thinking pay cash and use our points for more days at a more "off" time as we usually get more days with our points than we can race weekend
Any suggestions?
Also, how fast do these sell out? Do I need to be booking the day it goes live?
Princess was my first runDisney race weekend, and despite the bad reputation it has I've always loved it. I'm also DVC and considering a cash room for that weekend due to the higher points charts. I think this is because Princess is usually the weekend after Presidents weekend, which means school breaks for some NE districts and higher crowds. As others have said, you can't book rooms online for 2023 yet but you can book over the phone. I'd choose based on room type and location comfort levels for you. All Disney resorts offer race weekend transportation and there are pros and cons for each one, so I'd just choose based on where you'd most like to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter