New to RunDisney stuff...5K totally booked?

pklein09

Winner DVC Trivia Contest April 2006
DS is turning 16 during the WDW Wine and Dine Marathon weekend. We entertained the thought of having him run the 5K for his "sweet 16," but his high school cross country sectional meet is the exact same day. So, we nixed the November weekend. I just looked at the January weekend, and the 5K is already booked. Is there a way to register him with a charity so he can still run?

Thanks!!!

DS is turning 16 during the WDW Wine and Dine Marathon weekend. We entertained the thought of having him run the 5K for his "sweet 16," but his high school cross country sectional meet is the exact same day. So, we nixed the November weekend. I just looked at the January weekend, and the 5K is already booked. Is there a way to register him with a charity so he can still run?

Thanks!!!

There is a list of charities on the runDisney site that you can check out under the Marathon Weekend event info. If you are going to need a resort reservation and tickets for the trip, you can also check out the list of travel agents that will have bibs without the requirement for additional fundraising.

There is a list of charities on the runDisney site that you can check out under the Marathon Weekend event info. If you are going to need a resort reservation and tickets for the trip, you can also check out the list of travel agents that will have bibs without the requirement for additional fundraising.

Thank you! I found the list of charities and I'm trying to figure out their fundraising amounts. It's easy to find with some charities and not so easy with others. I'd like to be sponsored by the Leukemia and Lymphoma charities because my Pop was diagnosed with CML 2 years ago, but I can't find a minimum amount.

We're DVC members, so I'm hoping to use points for our accommodations. I know it's a busy weekend, but there should only be 4 of us going.

Thank you! I found the list of charities and I'm trying to figure out their fundraising amounts. It's easy to find with some charities and not so easy with others. I'd like to be sponsored by the Leukemia and Lymphoma charities because my Pop was diagnosed with CML 2 years ago, but I can't find a minimum amount.

We're DVC members, so I'm hoping to use points for our accommodations. I know it's a busy weekend, but there should only be 4 of us going.

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like the Leukemia & Lymphoma charity is the main partner for the race weekend, but it doesn't look like they offer bibs. I think you need to pick a charity from the "Participating Charities" list.

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like the Leukemia & Lymphoma charity is the main partner for the race weekend, but it doesn't look like they offer bibs. I think you need to pick a charity from the "Participating Charities" list.
Thank you again. I'm new to all this. We have 4 kids and the youngest is the sports kid...all the rest were into the arts. I know nothing about running...I'm learning as I go. I appreciate the help!

Since he runs, why not a 10K?

If you could move beyond the January weekend, there's Princess in February, and they haven't had registration for that yet.

Since he runs, why not a 10K?

If you could move beyond the January weekend, there's Princess in February, and they haven't had registration for that yet.

Interesting...10K and the Princess Marathon are possibilities. I just don't want it to interfere with Winter Track...I'd have to check dates.

One option is Team Expedition Runner? You could get a family membership for like $40, then be eligible to purchase bibs. No hotel stay or fund-raising required. http://teamexpeditionrunner.org/rundisney-races/
I don't see their 2017 availability yet, but you might want to check them periodically to see what they have available.

In the future - keep in mind the 5K and 10K sell out very quickly. Sometimes within an hour of registration opening. You can get email alerts when various race registrations will be opening. Plan on registering immediately. if you want to do these runs without running for a charity. Have fun!

Just wanted to update....DS is registered for the 5K in January through AACR charity. I even managed to get DVC reservations for Boardwalk for 3 nights! Woo hoo! Thanks to everyone for their help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter