• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Year's Even in Tokyo Disneyland

Hypnos

Earning My Ears
Hi all.

I just created this account to ask this question, because I can't find much good information on any other site.

I am thinking of a trip to Tokyo for New Year's eve and am wondering if Disney is doing anything incredibly spectacular. Has anyone done new year there before? If so, is it worth going, is it crowded (I'm guessing yes), are special tickets needed? I am going to need to book tickets this week or lose the deal on the rewards tickets, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Hypnos!

Before the earthquake TDR use to do countdown parties at both parks. You had to enter a lottery to even be eligible to buy a ticket and even once you had a ticket people used to line up for weeks ahead of time until they changed the rules and people were only allowed to line up a couple of days before. The countdown parties were really cool especially at TDL which made a really long parade using all of the parade floats from that years events that would last over an hour and the parks were of course open all night.

Now they still open the parks all night but there is no countdown party, instead this year I think TDL will run Jubilation! and TDS will run Legend of Mythica. This might actually be a good thing if you would like to spend new years at the parks because it will be way less crazy then if they were having the countdown parties. If you are staying at one of the hotels you are guaranteed the ability to buy a ticket. I think they are still doing tickets by lottery but it should be much easier to buy it.

If for whatever reason you can not get tickets to the park you can buy them from 2am, unless they have changed the rules, they may have made the time later. You can see the park fireworks from Ikspiari next to the Disney Store, this is the area they launch them from so it's a very close view. Also Ikspiari has their own countdown event with classical music and usually a gospel choir or something.

Good luck if you choose to go!

Thank you so much for the answer and the good tip about the fireworks. It sounds like things go a bit crazy at new year's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter