New York Post: 'MONSTERS' BATTLE

George is right to be worried.
Luckily there are a huge number of people ready to see this and Attack of the Clones.

Alot of kids are reading Lord of the Rings, now that hey have temporarly run out of Harry Potter books. But all the little boys I know, know Lord of the Rings and Hobbit from the cartoon movies that were made. So most kids are farmilar with the story and characters. (Plus the action figueres for LOTR are awesome, much better than the Harry Potter toys. IMHO.)

Those action figures do look great! I examined them recently but forgot to note who made them. They appeared to be of McFarlane quality but I'll have to check them again. The Harry Potter ones look nice too though. I particularly like the multi-headed dog.

Speaking of toys, has anyone seen the Monsters Inc Game of Life? Now that looks cool. Yes, I love toys. :)

My 8 year old who hasn't read Harry Potter or LOTR keeps asking me about LOTR because the movie poster caught his eye. I have ended up with a family interested in one movie which is unusual to say the least! Are we typical? Time will tell.

Yoho, I think you are right not to underestimate the staying power of movies with geek appeal. Harry Potter will do that for a younger generation. Let the intergenerational battle of the geeks begin!!

AV points correctly that for HP the (extra) $100M question will be whether the film can reach out to the date crowd. I think it can, but, boy, are there a lot of good choices this season.

DanG

I think the adult appeal of Harry Potter is being very much underestimated.....I know tons of adults who love Harry
(though, fwiw, I'll admit my friends are not your average adults). And the near paranoia by some about HP being evil certainly won't hurt the box office numbers. Though, of course, if the movie is a poor adaptation of the book it won't get repeat viewers......

I'm not a huge "movie person" (I go to maybe 2-3 movies a year) but I do intend to see Monsters and Harry Potter. Of course you all have me intrigued about Lord of the Rings...so that's now on my maybe list. The last movie I really wanted to see was Shrek....but I didn't manage to get there. It will certainly be on our rental list.

And Episode 2 is just a given isn't it? With a 31yo dh and a 7yo ds it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter