Newbie Planning for April 2012

huckabear

Mouseketeer
Hi! I haven't been to WDW since 1992 when my parents took me at the age of 15, so this is the first trip I've ever planned. We're planning for April 2012 with our kids (aged 8, 6, 3 1/2) along with my parents and my brother/SIL.

I've been talking to a few friends who went recently (some who are members here) and beginning to read here.

Looking to stay in the park and planning ahead as much as possible. (Already getting versed on the ADR process!) I guess my biggest question is how soon should we reserve our rooms? I know it's one of the busiest weeks of the year and plan to do ADR in September, but when should I book the resort? And when will the 2012 prices be available?

Are there any April 2012 groups started yet?

Looking forward to all the knowledge I'm about to accrue! :)

10.gif

i am wanting to plan for march 2012~~~ hope we can find some good info up here. but what i am running in to is its too early to get info for 2012. have you had any luck?

i am wanting to plan for march 2012~~~ hope we can find some good info up here. but what i am running in to is its too early to get info for 2012. have you had any luck?

I'd book as soon as humanly possible....we book room only...one night deposit required and if and discounts or codes come out....we have them accredited to our trip.

Planning for us hasn't changed much thru 44 trips, 1977 to present. We pick the time of year, resort and which days we're going to which parks...never used a tour guide or crowd counter and anything of the sort. As for ADR's, we're not into Disney dining plans, not a money saver for us and hate schedules while on vacations....for you, who knows what will be offered in 2012, or what restaurants will still be in service.

We've always used Birmbaums Disney Guide book for general info and allears.net for checking restaurants, prices, room rates and things that we're interested in and cost. our trips stay pretty flexible...we'll find food in WDW, TS restaurant our not to our liking so pretty easy to find a meal we like on property. Hope you have good luck sorting thru all this info...but Disney isn't as hard as most people on these boards make it out to be.

Book as soon as Disney allows you too, then keep your eye out for deals and apply them to your reservation. I agree with the pp Birnbaums is a great book to use we have always used it, and www.allears.net is great for dining information. Hope you have a great trip :)

Hi! I haven't been to WDW since 1992 when my parents took me at the age of 15, so this is the first trip I've ever planned. We're planning for April 2012 with our kids (aged 8, 6, 3 1/2) along with my parents and my brother/SIL.

I've been talking to a few friends who went recently (some who are members here) and beginning to read here.

Looking to stay in the park and planning ahead as much as possible. (Already getting versed on the ADR process!) I guess my biggest question is how soon should we reserve our rooms? I know it's one of the busiest weeks of the year and plan to do ADR in September, but when should I book the resort? And when will the 2012 prices be available?

Are there any April 2012 groups started yet?

Looking forward to all the knowledge I'm about to accrue! :)
The 2012 WDW Resort Booking dates will open during the first week of August 2011.

Just wanted to say hello and welcome! I'm planning a trip for July 2012. I have planned MANY trips, but all of them ended up getting canceled for one reason or another. It finally looks like we will be able to go next yea.r :banana: Have fun planning! Our time will be here before we know it! :thumbsup2

:welcome: You have come to the right place. I agree with all of the previous advice you have received but just wanted to add a great book suggestion. Fodor's Walt Disney World with Kids is my favorite. Your kids are great ages for their first trip and this book will be very helpful. It's simple and easy to use. It gives you the height requirements and "Scare Factor" for each ride, along with suggestions for what NOT to miss for each age group. It was the book I used for our first trip and I still use it (along with others). Just go in knowing that you will not see and do everything. One of the best bits of advice I received was to go through the ride and attraction descriptions with my children and let each one pick out 2-3 in each park that they HAD to do. Sometimes they picked the same attractions and sometimes not, but make a list of those and make them a priority during your visit, then everything else you get to do is a bonus. Good Luck.

PS-We will be there in April 2012 as well!!:banana:

I also plan to go in April 2012. I haven't been in April in a long time but it is the busiest most crowded because of Spring Break. I would recommend making your resort reservations as soon as possible. I think you can make them 1-year out. Whether you get a dining plan or not, if you want to eat at a sit down restaurant, make ADRs 180 days out from your check in day. You can book up to 10 days of meals during that 1 call. So make a chart, (coordinate with extra magic hour schedule, which should be available for April by then, if this is important to you) have some alternatives ready in case they are booked, and call at 7:00 a.m. EST. Specially if you are doing character dining like Cinderella Castle or Chef Mickey breakfast. Also, lunch at Sci Fi Dine In Theater is ALWAYS booked at lunch time. NO walking up. You need to be prepared for this NOT being an option for you. It always amazes me when I'm there that families get annoyed they can't just walk up and eat, specially if there is more than 2 people. Planning ahead is the key to a relaxing Disney vacation. I don't see how not having any ADRs can be relaxing at all. You could end up eating at quick service breakfast, lunch and dinner. Of course, if this isn't important to you, then ADRs won't matter. Good luck. We are DVC members so we cannot book until 7-12 months out. It makes me nervous because I know they will be sold out in April 2012. But, wouldn't go anywhere else. LOVE Disney World. Have a great time!

I also plan to go in April 2012. I haven't been in April in a long time but it is the busiest most crowded because of Spring Break. I would recommend making your resort reservations as soon as possible. I think you can make them 1-year out. Whether you get a dining plan or not, if you want to eat at a sit down restaurant, make ADRs 180 days out from your check in day. You can book up to 10 days of meals during that 1 call. So make a chart, (coordinate with extra magic hour schedule, which should be available for April by then, if this is important to you) have some alternatives ready in case they are booked, and call at 7:00 a.m. EST. Specially if you are doing character dining like Cinderella Castle or Chef Mickey breakfast. Also, lunch at Sci Fi Dine In Theater is ALWAYS booked at lunch time. NO walking up. You need to be prepared for this NOT being an option for you. It always amazes me when I'm there that families get annoyed they can't just walk up and eat, specially if there is more than 2 people. Planning ahead is the key to a relaxing Disney vacation. I don't see how not having any ADRs can be relaxing at all. You could end up eating at quick service breakfast, lunch and dinner. Of course, if this isn't important to you, then ADRs won't matter. Good luck. We are DVC members so we cannot book until 7-12 months out. It makes me nervous because I know they will be sold out in April 2012. But, wouldn't go anywhere else. LOVE Disney World. Have a great time!
The 2012 WDW vacation packages and pricing will not come out until this August, 2011, as they do every year, so the OP will not be able to book until then.

Thanks everyone! Just trying first to decide which resort and then I'll make my first call as I want to book as early as possible. Reading the Unofficial Guide and feel pretty well versed already in so many areas. We'll be travelling with my parents so trying to decide if our best option is 2 adjoining rooms or a villa of some sort.

Thanks everyone! Just trying first to decide which resort and then I'll make my first call as I want to book as early as possible. Reading the Unofficial Guide and feel pretty well versed already in so many areas. We'll be travelling with my parents so trying to decide if our best option is 2 adjoining rooms or a villa of some sort.
Just an FYI:

Adjoining rooms are rooms that are beside or near each other.

Connecting rooms are two rooms that have a door in between.

If you want to have the door between the two room you must request connecting rooms. Adjoining and connecting rooms mean two different things in the Disney reservations system.

Hi All
Planning our first trip to WDW from Perth for the end of March 2012, we were lucky enough to go to DL last year when my SIL won a trip and took our kids.

Hoping to gain lots of info from all the seasoned Disney travellers here. We can't do too much about booking til June due to airfares, but hopefully there will be some good specials about, might even manage a return trip to DL for a few days as we have to fly into LAX anyway... at lest thats what I've told the husband.. hehehe

best wishes

D

Hi All
Planning our first trip to WDW from Perth for the end of March 2012, we were lucky enough to go to DL last year when my SIL won a trip and took our kids.

Hoping to gain lots of info from all the seasoned Disney travellers here. We can't do too much about booking til June due to airfares, but hopefully there will be some good specials about, might even manage a return trip to DL for a few days as we have to fly into LAX anyway... at lest thats what I've told the husband.. hehehe

best wishes

D
2012 Disney World packages can not be booked until at least the first week of August, 2011, as that's when the yearly rates are released.

Just an FYI:

Adjoining rooms are rooms that are beside or near each other.

Connecting rooms are two rooms that have a door in between.

If you want to have the door between the two room you must request connecting rooms. Adjoining and connecting rooms mean two different things in the Disney reservations system.

:) Thank you for clarifying that!!!

Hi Everyone! We are also planning our first Disney world trip for April 2012. I've read the Unofficial guide already and have a good idea of where we want to stay. I've already contacted Small World Vacations and they also said the prices won't be out until Aug 2011. Sounds like this will be a great board for all of us to get some info!! Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter