• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newbie question about Kindani Village

michellibell

Mouseketeer
Howdy all!
We'll be taking our first Disney trip this July, and booked a Savanna View studio at Kidani Village by renting DVC points.
I have two young girls (4 & 6) who are going to die from excitement - we really want to make this trip special :)

My youngest daughter, in particular, LOVES giraffes. Are there any particular rooms or specific savannas that have lots of giraffes?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is do all Savanna View rooms have views of giraffes?

Now that I've made that as confusing as possible.... LOL!!

There are two Savannas at Kidani Village. The Sunset Savanna and the Pembe Savanna. The Sunset Savanna is the only one that has Giraffes.

If you want to see giraffe from the room request Sunset Savannah.

I just did online check in today. Sunset Savannah is one of the request options. Oddly enough, when I called in to make the request last month, the MS did not know what I was talking about and kept claiming it was a Jambo request. :confused3

I just did online check in today. Sunset Savannah is one of the request options. Oddly enough, when I called in to make the request last month, the MS did not know what I was talking about and kept claiming it was a Jambo request. :confused3

Some of the Jambo House Savanna View villas do face the Sunset Savanna. At Kidani Village, most of the Savanna Views face the Sunset Savanna.

MS = Member Services. The DVC owner would need to call it in. As I said in my post, you don't really need it because Online Check In has the option to put in Sunset Savannah.... plus something like 80% of the savannah views at Kidani are on Sunset.

I would request Sunset Sava near the Lobby or pool and a lower foor.

Lobby area will get you in the middle of the resort, when we were their the giraffes seem to hang out in the shade which was on the back side near Jambo. The Lobby / ppol area will give you a better view than being further away.

High floors can some time have some tree obtructions in the way of your view.

Howdy all!
We'll be taking our first Disney trip this July, and booked a Savanna View studio at Kidani Village by renting DVC points.
I have two young girls (4 & 6) who are going to die from excitement - we really want to make this trip special :)

My youngest daughter, in particular, LOVES giraffes. Are there any particular rooms or specific savannas that have lots of giraffes?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is do all Savanna View rooms have views of giraffes?

Now that I've made that as confusing as possible.... LOL!!

She and I have something in common-I also love giraffes! However, my experience says that you should book Jambo. Even though they both share the same savannah (Sunset Savannah) that has giraffes, I've only seen them on the Jambo side. I recently stayed on the Sunset Savannah at Kidani Village, and one of my biggest disappointments is that I never saw a giraffe all week. However, every time I've stayed at Jambo, also overlooking the sunset savannah, I've seen many giraffes, often several at a time. One night I saw a giraffe laying down with its feet tucked under, sleeping, and I was so excited-it was the first time I'd seen a giraffe lying down.

I recently stayed on the Sunset Savannah at Kidani Village, and one of my biggest disappointments is that I never saw a giraffe all week.

Wow, I'm really surprised to hear that. We haven't been since 2012, and there were probably 10+ giraffe roaming our side of the savannah. They put food in the "fake" trees so that they move around. It could also be the time of day you're looking out. We tend to spend late mornings and late afternoons in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter