Newbie wanting advice

mel_ntu

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

My name is Mel and i am hoping for a Disney wedding next August.

We only got engaged a couple of months ago but don't want a long engagement hence Aug 09.

We are going to be in Florida in Sept for a week (live in UK) and I am hoping to have a meeting with the wedding planners then. Is this possible do you think? We are staying at the Saratoga Springs resort. Should I make an appointment before we go?

I ideally would like the ceremony at the wedding pavillion (at the arbour outside) but have no ideas about the reception. There will be about 18 of us so any suggestions are welcome.

I joined this board in 2004 but have not really used it, so I am not familiar with the terminology. What is a PJ????

Thanks for all your help and please make suggestions, I would love to have lots of things to look at whilst we are over there.

Thanks again
Mel

Hi Mel,

I'm fairly new here myself, so welcome. A PJ is a planning journal, where you can share your ideas and we can all learn :surfweb:

You can definitely meet with DFTW, but heed my experience and PLAN FOR IT :goodvibes

I have been planning a Jan 09 DFTW, but was planning an OCT 08 Planning Session. Then, I found out I would have to take my leave to the states (I live in Germany) in June instead of Oct, and I really wasn't prepared. But, DFTW did what they could and they were very helpful. In reality, though, we didn't get as much planned as I would liked...not because of DFTW...but because of me being unprepared. :confused3 The good news is: I got a DH and an Escape wedding out of the deal, but I really didn't get much nailed down for Jan.

So, contact them asap and have as much done before you go for your PS! You'll be much happier that you did.

Welcome and I look forward to reading more about your planning!

Hey... Congrats and welcome to the boards!! Just some information -- Definitely call before you go like I'd call now so they can put you in touch with someone to schedule an appointment since I'm not sure if you will actually get to meet with anyone if you don't! Are you looking at doing a wishes or escape wedding? Since you only have 18 Escape might be a better option for you indeed. If you are flexible on dates I do believe you can't book your wedding until 8 months in advance with the escape and cannot use weekend days if you are doing the escape with the wedding pavillion. I hope this helps some! Look forward to hearing plans!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter