News and Developments for Future In-Person runDisney Events

And I’ll bet there’s still capacity at all resorts 😀

Nope, there isn't. Tried booking for the first week of November and the only "cheaper" resort left was CSR.

My bet is that W&D won't happen. Demand is just too high at the moment, and there are barely enough rooms to fill it as it is. They won't have the capacity to absorb all the runners as well, unless the All Stars' or Port Orleans open back up.

Nope, there isn't. Tried booking for the first week of November and the only "cheaper" resort left was CSR.

My bet is that W&D won't happen. Demand is just too high at the moment, and there are barely enough rooms to fill it as it is. They won't have the capacity to absorb all the runners as well, unless the All Stars' or Port Orleans open back up.
I just checked. Swan, Swan Reserve, Dolphin, and JW are all available. I didn’t check the other BC properties.

Fair. But pro-tip: swan, dolphin, and Swan Reserve have AP rates which are really nice, when available. Also, since they’re Marriott properties, they’re a great choice for people in the Marriott program 😊
I never knew those resorts could get AP rates! Good to know… Do those resorts get runDisney race transportation? That could complicate the possibility as well.

I’m thinking Marathon 2022 will be the first live runDisney race weekend to return. Even though the 50th anniversary celebration is extended, I think the fall will be busy enough as is with people wanting to be there around the actual anniversary date.

Pre-COVID I wanted my first marathon to be 2022, so if it does actually happen I hope demand isn’t insanely crazy and I have a chance to get in!

I never knew those resorts could get AP rates! Good to know… Do those resorts get runDisney race transportation? That could complicate the possibility as well.

I’m thinking Marathon 2022 will be the first live runDisney race weekend to return. Even though the 50th anniversary celebration is extended, I think the fall will be busy enough as is with people wanting to be there around the actual anniversary date.

Pre-COVID I wanted my first marathon to be 2022, so if it does actually happen I hope demand isn’t insanely crazy and I have a chance to get in!

They did in the past. I stayed at the Swan for Marathon Weekend in the past and they had buses. That was before their park transportation switched to Mears but I can't believe they wouldn't have transportation race weekends even if they contract it separately.

There have not been any races since they switched to their own busses but I was talking to some people from Disney Transport. They filled me in on what happened. Basically, Four Seasons, GO, the various BC resorts and Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve went to their own transport if they weren’t already. It seems Disney is short over 200 bus drivers.
I would be very surprised if there wasn’t race transport from Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve. If there wasn’t, just walk over to Boardwalk. Also, I believe they had race transport from BC because the BC resorts were offering special race packages.

After Friday I guess this period now is like when the fireworks go off for the first corral and the race starts but you're 1/4 to 1-mile back of the start line slowing making your way to the start.
NAILED IT!!!

I have tons of meetings tomorrow, so there's a high probability that we're getting an announcement tomorrow
Thanks for taking one for the team!

Well today they announced a HEA replacement, Harmonious, and a daytime kite show at DAK plus a new cavalcade (rip 3 o’clock parade I guess) for October 1st

I guess they ‘could’ in theory bury a RunDisney announcement behind that lol

Well today they announced a HEA replacement, Harmonious, and a daytime kite show at DAK plus a new cavalcade (rip 3 o’clock parade I guess) for October 1st

I guess they ‘could’ in theory bury a RunDisney announcement behind that lol
I sort of like the idea of not camping out for the parades or stepping around people who did and after watching the cavalcades on YouTube I thought it was a better option but I have to say after being there in person the calvacades are a little lacking. I think a nice compromise for the future is random LARGER "cavalcades" so no camping and more elaborate parades for special occasions/events. I missed the kite announcement, that sounds interesting. I am surprised they seem to have eliminated Rivers of Light which was really good but given the space they devoted to it, I'm sure a show will be back like it. I'm interested to see how Harmonious compares to World of Color. Should be better, which is exciting.

Last edited:
Fair. But pro-tip: swan, dolphin, and Swan Reserve have AP rates which are really nice, when available. Also, since they’re Marriott properties, they’re a great choice for people in the Marriott program 😊
There are also runners that booked 11 and 7 months ahead of time hoping that W&D would happen. If it doesn't you'll likely get cancellations 30 days out.

If the “leaked” website was correct, the July 20 date would be for general registration and you don’t need to log into a DVC or AP account for that.

Also, if they keep to “pattern”, DVC and AP early registration, if available, would most likely open on the 15th. That’s plenty of time to accommodate early registration and still go down for the scheduled maintenance given how quickly early registration will likely sell out.

If the “leaked” website was correct, the July 20 date would be for general registration and you don’t need to log into a DVC or AP account for that.

Also, if they keep to “pattern”, DVC and AP early registration, if available, would most likely open on the 15th. That’s plenty of time to accommodate early registration and still go down for the scheduled maintenance given how quickly early registration will likely sell out.
I just thought it was interesting in that if you haven’t reserved a room yet it appears that this will be finished around the same time you’d know if you got a bib (or could cancel and possibly bank if you have a reservation already but don’t get a bib)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter