News on Annual Passes

It means pretty substantial price increases, and the first we've seen since the re-release. No surprise there.

Price was the lever they hadn't pulled to choke out the unfavorables. Ratchet up the price over a couple years, and only renew, and there won't be many left. Yay?

Pixie staying unchanged is interesting, because it's throwing FL a bone for weekday, non-peak APs. Clearly, Pixie is where they want the unfavorables to stay and the least unfavorable impact.

Still have mine and will renew in April when it expires. Still worth the price if you are going for a week or more each year.

So What does it mean?

That for now everything remains in place for future AP sales (at higher rates).... sales are still just paused. The program still exists.

In the end Disney has turned AP ownership into a commodity of sorts.... they are limiting the number of passes allowed to be in circulation at any one time. And until enough people allow theirs to expire without renewing, sales will remain paused. Now once they are allowed to resume, the number of passes to be issued or upgraded before hitting the cut off numbers again?

Just another level of uncertainty in doing a Disney trip.

That for now everything remains in place for future AP sales (at higher rates).... sales are still just paused. The program still exists.

In the end Disney has turned AP ownership into a commodity of sorts.... they are limiting the number of passes allowed to be in circulation at any one time. And until enough people allow theirs to expire without renewing, sales will remain paused. Now once they are allowed to resume, the number of passes to be issued or upgraded before hitting the cut off numbers again?

Just another level of uncertainty in doing a Disney trip.
Just seems strange to raise the price of something that you can’t purchase. Why even discuss it?

Just seems strange to raise the price of something that you can’t purchase. Why even discuss it?
To prepare folks for the changes that will be coming once they open for sales. No one is blindsided, they can look it over and determine if they want to purchase.

Even with the price increase it would still be worth it for my family to get Sorcerer APs. I'm really hoping this means they're coming soon (because, to the point above, why announce price increases for something that wouldn't be for sale for a long time?) as we have an April trip planned and then would do our 2024 trip in February, plus we might have another quick trip in between. That would save us close to 2k for our family of 5 just for the 2 trips alone. And I'm worried about this new ticket pricing that's coming, I have a feeling it might save us even more to have APs. Our April trip is during the week after Easter.

Somewhere, recently, I read an article from some Disney exec that indicated (hinted) the return of AP sales will coincide with the end of the 50th celebration. That's fast approaching (March 2023) so I guess it's just prepping folks to start saving up now?

Somewhere, recently, I read an article from some Disney exec that indicated (hinted) the return of AP sales will coincide with the end of the 50th celebration. That's fast approaching (March 2023) so I guess it's just prepping folks to start saving up now?
People better buy them as soon as they are available. I have a feeling they will pause them again in the future.

While it doesn't apply to APs of course the new pricing for PH is confusing to me. How do you have dynamic pricing based on date for that? Only sale it day by day? Or is it only one day tickets that will have the different pricing for adding on hopper option based on date? That part of the story confused me the way it was written. Because I thought one day tickets have had date specific pricing for years. No?

While it doesn't apply to APs of course the new pricing for PH is confusing to me. How do you have dynamic pricing based on date for that? Only sale it day by day? Or is it only one day tickets that will have the different pricing for adding on hopper option based on date? That part of the story confused me the way it was written. Because I thought one day tickets have had date specific pricing for years. No?
But I think the pricing was the same for all parks for a specific day. Or maybe I am wrong.

But I think the pricing was the same for all parks for a specific day. Or maybe I am wrong.

I believe it used to be that only MK was higher than the others for a one-day one park ticket. This is just adding more tiers. I guess AK has the lowest demand. It makes sense since it typically has shorter hours too.

Sounds right. We are right on the holidays. I just can't see opening AP sales right now. So many people would trade in holiday tickets for Incredipasses, which is the opposite of what Disney wants. Spring makes sense to me, along with a lot of FOMO and not many Incredipasses.

Sounds right. We are right on the holidays. I just can't see opening AP sales right now. So many people would trade in holiday tickets for Incredipasses, which is the opposite of what Disney wants. Spring makes sense to me, along with a lot of FOMO and not many Incredipasses.
I've accepted there likely won't be passes available before our December trip but keeping fingers crossed we can buy them prior to our May trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter