News on Annual Passes

Let me jump in here and say that the Pixie Pass being available for DVC members would create a situation similar to that when weekend nights cost far more points than weekday nights. Many DVC members booked only the cheap weeknights, leaving the weekend nights open. That did create a bottleneck for DVC reservations, as alluded to earlier in this thread.

I wouldn't mind weekend nights having more availability for a while anyway.

Until lately, we would fly mid week to mid week with cheaper flights on SW. We would often take Saturdays as rest days and not go into the parks. And now with out DS driving to airports, I'd never expect him to take time off from work to drive us, so we travel on weekends. Day we land and day we leave , we never go into parks. Do I hear a pixie pass calling me???????

And for us, if DVC ever touted the great hotels even without the parks....sorry no matter how wonderful, I'm not dealing with packing , unpacking, TSA, crowded planes, ground transportation, to spend 5 or 6 days in a hotel . I'd stay home, hire a cleaning service and uber eats for a week for about a tenth of the cost.

Soooo it’s safe to say no new sales of passes anytime in the near future?

Our AP’s expire September 25. We are wavering on renewal. Don’t know if we are headed to DW this upcoming year (alternative is to rent out our points). Decisions, decisions….

When DVC first opened, buyers got free tickets for half the capacity of the villa they booked for a given stay, e.g. if they booked a villa that slept 4, they got 2 tickets. Those buyers received tickets through 1999, but DVC stopped giving them to new buyers at some point before 1997.
That was a great perk! Having bought during the first year of DVC, we had free passes through 1999. However, when AK opened in 1998, they would not let us go there with the free passes, so we waited until 2000 to go to AK.

Our AP’s expire September 25. We are wavering on renewal. Don’t know if we are headed to DW this upcoming year (alternative is to rent out our points). Decisions, decisions….
Yep, safe to say.

Just renewed our Gold passes for Sorcerers. No DVC discounts. The cost with tax was over $1,600.00 for 2 passes. Unfortunately, we will only be able to get 2 trips with the new passes in lieu of 3.

Even if sales of new annual passes does reopen, that window of sales may be very short. It appears that Disney’s terms and conditions state annual passes may go on and off sale from time to time.
If they sold the pass, then I wouldn’t activate until we go again (which could be in 2yrs). Don’t have that option ;(. It’s been almost a year of no new sales!

Oh, that I agree with totally. I don't think the Pixie Pass is a good choice for many at all.
I think DVC should be able to have a better pass option, even if no one else gets one (and again, I'm not DVC, but I really think they are getting the shaft on this) because they bought in to a program to visit frequently and now they've lost a major benefit to visit the main draw to why they bought in.
I doubt most would have bought Disney DVC if they'd known they'd have to but park tickets for each visit.
But, maybe I'm wrong here. Maybe DVC AP sales weren't all that high? I just assumed they were since the first thing they always mention is more frequent and or longer trips as a selling point
Not sure about that …. I guess they could always just sell
Their dvc ownership

I called the passholder line last week to ask a question about our renewal. The castmember flat out said that if we were slightly interested in an AP, that we need to renew. She said they have heard no updates on opening it up, and all of them are encouraging people to just keep their passes if they can. If the number of passes they are willing to sell is capped and the majority of people keep their passes, I have no idea how they will ever open it back up. Which really sucks.

I would think the opposite … dvc members are going to visit with or without annual pass … if without they will buy day passes
Not this DVC owner. One week is almost as much as an AP before COVID. It's too expensive to visit 2-3 times a year without an AP. We always borrowed points but are now banking them.

I would think the opposite … dvc members are going to visit with or without annual pass … if without they will buy day passes
Yes, and No.
Are we going to visit without AP's, Yes!
Are we going to buy day tickets, No!
We will do special events like Moonlight Magic and Mickey's Not-So-Scary.
Other than that, we were able to get UOAP's.
There is plenty of fun things to do in the Orlando area to keep us entertained until AP's come back.

Add me to the list of DVC members not purchasing day passes. We will be there at the end of the week, then in October, and in December. Was hoping AP’s were back on sale prior to this week’s trip.

If you look at the DVC boards there are plenty of folks who are either doing resort only trips or visiting Universal instead.

We’re just going to explore Orlando and then hope AP’s go back on sale before we come back in October.

While members understand that perks can come and go at any moment. The inability to purchase AP’s, which is not a perk by the way, is honestly making me question whether DVC is worth it. As a member I am not asking for a special pass, I just want to be able to purchase a pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter