News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say no problem. They had some heavy discounting going on for packages and rooms.
Indeed, they have even more flexibility available to them to fill rooms and sell tickets. They'll be fine.

I do agree though that they will probably just wait for the market to get back. They will likely suffer attendance drops though.
As every company does in a downturn.

More likely, it makes it more attractive to spend a full week.

I can almost never go a full week. If I could do 10 days I totally would. 4 days is pretty much the magic number (which is why the jump to days 5 and 6 is so small) and I can do it in 3 if I have to. But when I'm getting basically zero savings on the 3rd or 4th day, it becomes more attractive to switch to 2 days or 1 day and a party, and spend the rest of my money at Universal or the next trip.

I can almost never go a full week. If I could do 10 days I totally would. 4 days is pretty much the magic number (which is why the jump to days 5 and 6 is so small) and I can do it in 3 if I have to. But when I'm getting basically zero savings on the 3rd or 4th day, it becomes more attractive to switch to 2 days or 1 day and a party, and spend the rest of my money at Universal or the next trip.
And I'm sure there are a number of people like you, but probably a lot more people who will be pushed into abandoning the idea of splitting their stay between Disney and Universal by this pricing.

Especially since Universal is likely to increase their prices to match Disney's increase.

I feel this way about Universal. I get bored after 3 days. Disney I can spend 10 and not have an issue. Still trying to find a maximum # of days with which I would get "bored", but for me it's not about the rides.

Where in EPCOT are they filming? We’ll be there the Friday and I’m hoping to avoid extra crowds.
If its like the Chew or Wheel of Fortune it will be just as you enter World Showcase from Future World looking out to the American Adventure.

I got excited at first, thinking this might be another cool tour like Wild Africa Trek, Sense of Africa, or Savor the Savannah. But it's a temporary tour that doesn't seem to include very much. Darn. Those AK and AKL tours are excellent -- here's hoping they add another cool permanent one soon! :)
I am planning on doing Caring for Giants. This is a step up from that so I’m disappointed I’ll just miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter