News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Room construction at Pop Century? My in-laws are staying there next week. I think they requested the 80’s building.
Not the construction noise. The noise from other guests in other rooms / walkways!! As late as 1am and as early as 7am.

BTW, I don't think this is a spoiler, but did anyone else catch the throwaway reference to Black Spire Outpost in Solo? The movie was pretty hit-you-over-the-head with some of the references to other movies, but I kind of got a kick out of that reference considering most folks wouldn't get it.

Yes, I totally caught when L4 said that! We took my nine year old and two of his friends to see Solo tonight and they loved it. I really enjoyed their reactions to everything, especially a spoiler reveal toward the end. I have to say I really loved the movie as well! Now, I'm not a die hard Star Wars fan at all, I have seen all the movies but I would definitely say I'm just a casual fan. I thought it was a cool adventure movie with the bonus of getting all the backstory on Han, how he me Chewie, came to know Lando, etc. Two big thumbs up from my family!

:thumbsup2

I notice in there it says that the union workers WOULD get the $1,000 bonus if a deal is agreed to - so I guess that previous article sort of jumped the gun on them not getting it (which I think was known since it has been part of the negotiations from the beginning)

The previous article was poorly titled. The news was the National Labor Relations Board turned down the Union request for immediate payment of the bonus. The ruling was in favor of the Disney position, that the company was not required to pay immediately. The title implied the bonus would never be paid, and that was the error because the bonus is part of the negotiating strategy all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter