News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, yes. Oh My Disney is essentially the Disney version of Buzzfeed and is very popular among my friends and people in my demographic (early to mid 20s).

I have NEVER heard of this before it mentioned here today...I also did not catch the mention on the trailer. So I think it will be more of an Easter egg than an issue

Or their fault they are choosing to go without kids so they are missing out on convienences designed for a place made for families.
Curious statement. I believe that Disney created a place for people of all ages. Having children with you isn't a requirement for going to the parks and having fun.

Or their fault they are choosing to go without kids so they are missing out on convienences designed for a place made for families.

Curious statement. I believe that Disney created a place for people of all ages. Having children with you isn't a requirement for going to the parks and having fun.

I see Disney as a place for all ages and, specifically, a place where the entire family can have fun being together - so I do think have some features that make it more convenient/less stressful for those with small kids (to at least minimize the additional challenges that can come with having small children in a place that has attractions with height restrictions) I think fits in with that

I see Disney as a place for all ages and, specifically, a place where the entire family can have fun being together - so I do think have some features that make it more convenient/less stressful for those with small kids (to at least minimize the additional challenges that can come with having small children in a place that has attractions with height restrictions) I think fits in with that
Isn't Disney making it more convenient by offering rider swap at all? I get the old system was liked better, but it also allowed some people to take advantage of the system. This way, if you get a rider swap you can trade off, which is the way several parks with height restrictions work it. Granted, I never understood the old system and we never used it even when our little one was too small to ride things. Do you HAVE to have FP to use rider swap or can you wait standby and then get a rider swap to use that way? The whole doubling the FP thing with the old system just never sat well with me, although I don't denounce anyone for using it to their advantage. After all, Disney set it up that way. It seems overall Disney is looking to close any loopholes that people can use to snag an extra FP and rider swap in its old form seems to be the most current victim.

Isn't Disney making it more convenient by offering rider swap at all? I get the old system was liked better, but it also allowed some people to take advantage of the system. This way, if you get a rider swap you can trade off, which is the way several parks with height restrictions work it. Granted, I never understood the old system and we never used it even when our little one was too small to ride things. Do you HAVE to have FP to use rider swap or can you wait standby and then get a rider swap to use that way? The whole doubling the FP thing with the old system just never sat well with me, although I don't denounce anyone for using it to their advantage. After all, Disney set it up that way. It seems overall Disney is looking to close any loopholes that people can use to snag an extra FP and rider swap in its old form seems to be the most current victim.

I guess I just see rider swap as negating a disadvantage of having people in your group that can't ride attractions with height restrictions. If ever ride had no ride restriction then there would be no issue, but to make members of the same group wait in line twice seems like a disadvantage as now they can, in total, get through less

And with FP - if everyone in your group has to have the FP then you are wasting FP on the people that are too short to ride the height restricted rides as they can't ride other rides by themselves so those FP are just lost. Now you can say, "well, sucks for you, you don't have to come with people that can't ride everything" but that doesn't seem like a way to encourage entire families to come then

And you can do rider swap on standby - and then those with the rider swap get to go through the FP line

And still not enough info for those of us going in the next 3 weeks to be able to change plans if we need to. They should be rolling things out no less than 30 days due to their own timelines they have us adhere to. It's ridiculous.

This a hundred times. We have FP booked back to back and ADRs set. I’ve seen a lot of people on the other thread claiming an hour return is more than ample time. Forget that a lot of rides take over half an hour for full experience- entering the FP line to actually exiting a ride, but what if you have another FP already scheduled immediately after? Or an ADR?

I made our ADRs at 180 days and FP at 60. I know this is a recurring complaint here when Disney changes things at the last minute but expects us to give them our schedules months out. Just annoyed.

Sorry to continue this discussion here when there’s already a thread going. :-)

This a hundred times. We have FP booked back to back and ADRs set. I’ve seen a lot of people on the other thread claiming an hour return is more than ample time. Forget that a lot of rides take over half an hour for full experience- entering the FP line to actually exiting a ride, but what if you have another FP already scheduled immediately after? Or an ADR?

I made our ADRs at 180 days and FP at 60. I know this is a recurring complaint here when Disney changes things at the last minute but expects us to give them our schedules months out. Just annoyed.

Sorry to continue this discussion here when there’s already a thread going. :-)

Honestly I don't blame you. I feel like 1 hour is kinda heavy-handed even for the best of circumstances. Hopefully they'll get enough negative feedback and change it to work the rest of the day (like the multiple experience FPs for broken rides).

Oh agreed! That’s what I was saying actually... I was just responding to the comment that maybe parents just shouldn’t bring their kids they are choosing to bring them.... because of course why would they not bring their kids to a place that was designed for the whole family to enjoy.

I loved the rider swap when my kids where young. You would all get in line together one parent would stay with the child in holding area while everyone else rode. I specifically remember test track I waited with my daughter then when my son and wife came around they didn’t even get out the car. My mom took my daughter and I got in with them so much more efficient then having to go through the fast pass line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter