News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I look at this is the same way I look at the monarail beams. When there’s no monorail passing by then the beams look ugly but once a monorail comes by we all take out our phones and take a picture. Once gondolas are up and running I don’t think it will be as bad as they look now.
Agreed!

The way I look at this is the same way I look at the monarail beams. When there’s no monorail passing by then the beams look ugly but once a monorail comes by we all take out our phones and take a picture. Once gondolas are up and running I don’t think it will be as bad as they look now.

Absolutely!

I personally think these are great. Very old-timey, World's Fair vibe. Perfect for a magical, bubble destination. :p

Yeah...no. First, the monorail is iconic. Second, you don’t have beams blocking your view from your room or greeting you as you walk out your door, unless you are at the CR, and even then, I think they blend in. But, I’m glad to know that there are people who are not bothered by it as much as I am.

Yeah...no. First, the monorail is iconic. Second, you don’t have beams blocking your view from your room or greeting you as you walk out your door, unless you are at the CR, and even then, I think they blend in. But, I’m glad to know that there are people who are not bothered by it as much as I am.

Monorail beams a very much a part of the view of about all standard rooms at the Polynesian.

These may become iconic also, just takes time. :)

The beams aren’t right outside the rooms at the poly though.

Just not a game changer for me.

Every hotel has some rooms with bad views....check out pebble beach at Beach Club! Besides, that article said there are no windows on that side of the building where the pillar is.

Just not a game changer for me.

Every hotels has some rooms with bad views....check out pebble beach at Beach Club! Besides, that article said there are no windows on that side of the building where the pillar is.
I'm not sure I would describe it as a bad view so much as an eyesore though that's my opinion.

Bad view to me is booking an ocean view room and getting a tiny speck of blue that would be the ocean, or a view of a parking lot vs trees. An eyesore to me is having a large pole right outside my room which distracts from the overall view or feel of the view.

I'm not sure I would describe it as a bad view so much as an eyesore though that's my opinion.

Bad view to me is booking an ocean view room and getting a tiny speck of blue that would be the ocean, or a view of a parking lot vs trees. An eyesore to me is having a large pole right outside my room which distracts from the overall view or feel of the view.

I'm excited for the gondolas! :rotfl:

To me, what you are describing is the same thing - eyesore = bad view. If the pillars aren't directly in front of windows (which article alludes they are not by windows), then I don't see the big deal that's it's close to the buildings.
And if they are in front of windows, luck of the draw I suppose!

I'm excited for the gondolas! :rotfl:

If the pillars aren't directly in front of windows (which article alludes they are not by windows), then I don't see the big deal that's it's close to the buildings.
And if they are in front of windows, luck of the draw I suppose!
Pretty sure one can be excited about the gondolas and yet understand how the large poles will/can impact the viewing :confused3

I know just pointing out that the monorail beams are not that close at the poly.

Oh I understand. It remains to be seen if the pillars will be directly in front of guest windows or just next to the buildings, I don't think that's clear? We shall see! :)

Yeah it's pretty close to the building at CBR:

View attachment 327747
Hard to give this a positive spin IMO. And we love staying at BLT with the monorail outside our window. This ain’t no monorail. ;)

From a distance, having a view of the gondolas may be cute. But not looking out the window and seeing that. Not to me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter