News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reservations for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival special events begins on June 14th, much earlier than usual. Also, it appears that the Wonders of Life pavilion will be returning as the Festival Center for this year's event.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...d-and-wine-festival-new-events-eats-and-more/

Mimosa Bar sounds fun ... We are planning on going on opening day (Aug 30th) and glad to see they will have a few of the smaller seminars and a Mojito Shake It, Make It, Celebrate It that day as well we might check out

NEWS

Kenny the Pirate is reporting that as of June 11th the Characters Spot at EPCOT is moving to a Tier 1 FP

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2018/06/07/epcot-character-spot-fastpass-is-moving-to-tier-one/

So Tier 1s will be:
  1. Frozen Ever After
  2. Test Track
  3. Soarin'
  4. Illuminations: Reflection of Earth
  5. Character Spot

and Tier 2s will be:
  1. Mission: Space
  2. Spaceship Earth
  3. The Seas with Nemo & Friends
  4. Living with the Land
  5. Pixar Short Film Festival
  6. Journey Into Imagination With Figment
  7. Turtle Talk with Crush
There really should be twice as many Tier 2’s than Tier 1’s.

Going to SW Celebration on Saturday with my son. We live within 90 min so will be driving in.

Never been to any kind of Con before so I'm actually worried I wont be enough of a fan.

Going to SW Celebration on Saturday with my son. We live within 90 min so will be driving in.

Never been to any kind of Con before so I'm actually worried I wont be enough of a fan.
Yeah and of course 5-day tickets just sold out this morning before I bought them. Looks like I will only be going a couple days now.

NEWS

Kenny the Pirate is reporting that as of June 11th the Characters Spot at EPCOT is moving to a Tier 1 FP

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2018/06/07/epcot-character-spot-fastpass-is-moving-to-tier-one/

So Tier 1s will be:
  1. Frozen Ever After
  2. Test Track
  3. Soarin'
  4. Illuminations: Reflection of Earth
  5. Character Spot

and Tier 2s will be:
  1. Mission: Space
  2. Spaceship Earth
  3. The Seas with Nemo & Friends
  4. Living with the Land
  5. Pixar Short Film Festival
  6. Journey Into Imagination With Figment
  7. Turtle Talk with Crush

Makes no sense. Character Spot fast pass line was never that long. Frozen will be everyone’s choice who has kids.

Yeah, we always liked that one as a Tier 2 FP to get with having the kids - not a lot to pick from for Tier 2 at EPCOT with kids ... and many of them you really don't need a FP for (basically no benefit to having one for the Pixar Shorts for example)

This may be a semi-crazy theory - but my experience is that this attraction always has a long standby line. Perhaps they are moving it to Tier 1 so that less people take FPs there, and so it will actually make the standby line shorter move faster because of it? A bit "conspiracy level" thinking, but I can't see anyone picking this as their Tier 1 FP unless you only have small kids.

This may be a semi-crazy theory - but my experience is that this attraction always has a long standby line. Perhaps they are moving it to Tier 1 so that less people take FPs there, and so it will actually make the standby line shorter move faster because of it? A bit "conspiracy level" thinking, but I can't see anyone picking this as their Tier 1 FP unless you only have small kids.

I think character spot was the slowest moving line ever. Even when we had a fp it took forever. Wonder if that has to do with the change.

They sold out?? You gotta be kidding! It took half a year for them to sell out last time.
Yep they are gone...

I was shocked when I saw that this morning. I decided to cancel my hotel and will only be going Saturday driving to and from celebration.

I think that might be it - I assume it is because it is an "over booked" FP so they want to reduce it. And to be fair, that standby line moves really, really slow so I can see them wanting to adjust it ... there just aren't enough Tier 2 left after moving this one (well, even before, but now worse)

Yeah, we always liked that one as a Tier 2 FP to get with having the kids - not a lot to pick from for Tier 2 at EPCOT with kids ... and many of them you really don't need a FP for (basically no benefit to having one for the Pixar Shorts for example)
I don’t think there’s a lot of tier two options for anyone regardless of age. We only get one for M:S and then use our third on another park in the evening

Reservations for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival special events begins on June 14th, much earlier than usual. Also, it appears that the Wonders of Life pavilion will be returning as the Festival Center for this year's event.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...d-and-wine-festival-new-events-eats-and-more/

Woo hoo! Excited to blow way to much money on too much alcohol and food!

I don't have much experience with gondolas or even ski lifts, which is why I was unsure about the noise.

They don't even have that electricity type of hum? Or a click when the gondola passes by the supports?

They aren't silent, but the a quiet rumble as they go across the towers. I guarantee you wouldn't hear anything from inside a hotel room. Outside you will here it, but it would be quieter than a bus or a boat going by.

I don’t think there’s a lot of tier two options for anyone regardless of age. We only get one for M:S and then use our third on another park in the evening

that's very fair - I think Mission Space is one of the top choices now and that is not an option for kids so really very few that warrent a FP at all now ... but yeah, it is like it sucks for everyone, maybe a tad more for height restricted groups

that's very fair - I think Mission Space is one of the top choices now and that is not an option for kids so really very few that warrent a FP at all now ... but yeah, it is like it sucks for everyone, maybe a tad more for height restricted groups
Oh it’s defi gotta be a slog trying to figure out fast passes there with young kids. They’ve basically stacked the tiers against you and either forced you to wait in long lines (which little ones obviously enjoy so much :rolleyes:) or plan multiple days to get what you want done there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter