News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also consider it, but they announced it too late so it's not during my DHS day. DHS has terrible breakfast options, so I'm at least interested to see if the fried chicken is any good. Also, from what I've been seeing from the app the lines in Toy Story Land aren't that terrible if you go at the right time (rope drop, last hour).

We've done the MK EMM many times for $69 and love it -- we find it to be "worth it"... subjective! I'm just not as sure about the food offerings at this one, but it'll be interesting to hear reviews.

It really is what you see as value. We have an AP that we will get 24 days out of meaning the each day in the park costs us $23 a day, so to pay THREE TIMES my daily park rate for an extra hour of park time seems like a really horrible value, even with short lines. I guess I could see people taking a shorter trip finding value in it.

As others have pointed out, pretty certain that exclusive Star Wars EE will be in extremely high demand, but could like also go for $150 per person.

It does seem to cause an issue once you have too many MBs -- it's a known issue. I was told that a hotel room door can only be associated with up to 40 bands (e.g. you have 4 family members with access and each one has 10 bands on their MDE account). After that point, it seems like random bands will not be able to access the room. Making some bands "inactive" online in MDE or marking them "lost" does NOT remove them from this total.

I knew for a while that this could be an issue. This trip, I took the time to go down to the front desk of the hotel and have them DELETE a bunch of old bands from our MDE accounts. I’m told only the front desk can delete bands permanently from the account. I went in and made a bunch of them "inactive" online myself as a way of letting them know which ones to delete.
Plus, I don't think there is any way we can know when the MB just stops working due to age... I only bring along my most recent bands, and leave the others at home.

Plus, I don't think there is any way we can know when the MB just stops working due to age... I only bring along my most recent bands, and leave the others at home.
My original one from the initial testing phase is still working fine. Only one I use.

Thank goodness!!!

I have to say that we went to the show last week with no preconceived notions at all -- I purposely avoided hearing any reviews/accounts. Our group (me, DH, DD11, DS13) was unanimous: that show is a TRAIN WRECK!

It was like a kid's show seemingly built around the two costumed characters needing to run off every X minutes to grab some A/C. And the host absolutely grated on my last nerve -- I've seldom seen someone so annoying in any context (I fault the horrific script & "choreography"; not the actress... but GEEZ was it tough to take!!). Oh, and one poor guy who seemed to know something about birds OCCASIONALLY talked about or showed us some. Ugh. Just horrible.

My son who loves birds was especially disappointed in it, but I told him then that I'd bet they'll change it -- there's no way this thing was getting good reviews!

It really is what you see as value. We have an AP that we will get 24 days out of meaning the each day in the park costs us $23 a day, so to pay THREE TIMES my daily park rate for an extra hour of park time seems like a really horrible value, even with short lines. I guess I could see people taking a shorter trip finding value in it.

As others have pointed out, pretty certain that exclusive Star Wars EE will be in extremely high demand, but could like also go for $150 per person.
I don't know if I should be embarrassed about this but I would def pay 150 for early entry to SW, at least if I went soon after it opens and the lines are like 5 hours long for rides. Then again I'm single so I don't have to worry about kids.

Honestly they prob need more Men and Dads on the Moms Panel. I know I myself have a ridiculous amount of Park knowledge and have Planned alot of trips down to the detail both for myself and others. I understand that the travel agent market tends to be more female dominated but there are some of us out there with a y chromosome that have decent insight, and I think Rteetz could be a great contributor to a panel like that for Disney. Even though families are a core targeted demographic for Disney and for whatever reason Society places the expectation for planning vacations on Moms, there is still plenty of us weird males with lots of insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter