News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would make me so excited. As a new AKV DVC owner I hope that they expand the skyliner from AKL to the parks. An expansion would give them this excuse!
Yes! And transportation to/from AKL to parks other than AK seem to be the bulk of the complaints about staying at AKL. I never had any trouble when we stayed for 2 nights last December but I'm thinking I must have hit the bus stops at the most opportune times.

News

Disney to Provide Direct Transportation Between Resorts and Water Parks

This is a good change IMO, it always seemed such a hassle to get to water parks.
This is a very good change. Getting to the water parks is so annoying. Do you know if they are getting rid of the AK to BB bus? Will the buses be shared amount several resorts, or will it be treated like the theme parks?

This will likely offset all the bus reductions they were going to get from the Skyliner.

This is a very good change. Getting to the water parks is so annoying. Do you know if they are getting rid of the AK to BB bus? Will the buses be shared amount several resorts, or will it be treated like the theme parks?

This will likely offset all the bus reductions they were going to get from the Skyliner.
It doesn't specify but I am assuming they will be treated like regular parks now.

In the past, Pop buses have worked like this: AK bus shares with BB and stops at BB on the way to AK. Similarly, DS buses share with TL so DS buses stopped at TL on their way to DS. I’m guessing they’re going back to a similar format.

In the past, Pop buses have worked like this: AK bus shares with BB and stops at BB on the way to AK. Similarly, DS buses share with TL so DS buses stopped at TL on their way to DS. I’m guessing they’re going back to a similar format.

Yeah, pretty likely this is what happens - they won't add special buses for the water parks.They got rid of them because guests complained about the extra stop. As I said earlier, they made the change likely due to "guest feedback" but then the new change they also got negative "guest feedback" but they might have also seen an impact on actual attendance - people just spending the day at the pool instead. Likely to go back to the old system. Not like they took out the bus stations or anything.

Yeah, guest demand, as in they probably saw that attendance was down at the water parks because they made it such a pain to get to them. We also used lyft last time we did water parks, but it certainly didn't make us want to go more often.
Same here, we did uber/lyft to the waterpark but then bused back after drying a bit/throwing on shirts/shorts, I did't want to take a whole extra set of dry clothing because it just gets all wet from my long hair lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter