News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also released AP discounts and Florida Resident rates through July.
Disney really is encouraging me to go again in May/June as well as October. :) I mean .. if I am going to activate my one and only AP in January, might as well use it a lot, right? :) Good for them .. hope things are continuing to move towards normal by then.

Don’t know if this is true or not, but a while back I took a survey where several of the questions were about perks. One specifically asked about extra time in the parks. One of the choices was opening every park everyday 30 minutes early for resort guests. So, who knows, maybe it is true.
30 minutes doesn't seem like it would be enough time .. feels like it would still cause a traffic jam of resort guests trying to get in 30 minutes early and regular guests who are just there 30 minutes early to be first in line at normal rope drop. But .. you can probably get on one ride and be in line for another before the regular guests come in. So .. nothing really to complain about.

BUT .. if they did it EVERY day in EVERY park .. it would be a very cool perk and way better than the old EMH hours (which was way too limited). I often found myself not being able to utilize EMH simply because some parks only had 1 EMH during the entire stay.

Last edited:
30 minutes doesn't seem like it would be enough time .. feels like it would still cause a traffic jam of resort guests trying to get in 30 minutes early and regular guests who are just there 30 minutes early to be first in line at normal rope drop.

BUT .. if they did it EVERY day in EVERY park .. it would be a very cool perk and way better than the old EMH hours (which was way too limited). I often found myself not being able to utilize EMH simply because some parks only had 1 EMH during the entire stay.

if you have it in every park, every day that could be a nice thing - then you are spreading everyone that is staying at a resort out amongst the 4 parks so really should be relatively small group of people there in 30 mins early, so basically guarnateeing you get on at least 1 "e-ticket" with minimal wait, maybe then get in line for a 2nd prior to the gates opening to the general population ... almost would be equivalent to giving a bonus FP to those staying on property

Comparing the price I was going to pay in mid-June 2020:
4-night stay (Tuesday though Saturday) -
$193 (plus tax) for AoA Mermaid rooms (with AP discount))

.. these prices seem slightly better.

The same time period, same days of week .. with just the normal discount, not AP discount is:
$195 (plus tax)/night.

So if I called to see what the AP discount would be .. it would probably drop to around $185/night.

Expensive .. but definitely cheaper than what pre-pandemic prices were going to be in 2020. (at least in my little sampling).

I feel like if new AP sales were going to drop it would have been announced today with all the other offerings.

Sigh.
Or .. they could just be waiting to announce them AFTER a price hike (which they normally drop in Feb). Unlike previous years where people can buy APs at the "old" price before the new prices take effect (like I did last year) .. now people who want APs have no choice but to pay the new price (whatever that may be).

Or .. they could just be waiting to announce them AFTER a price hike (which they normally drop in Feb). Unlike previous years where people can buy APs at the "old" price before the new prices take effect (like I did last year) .. now people who want APs have no choice but to pay the new price (whatever that may be).

Your reply has a bit of hope so I'll go with that.

Didn't even flinch at that mention of a price hike. I live here now and just want to go to a park.

Seems like opening 30 min early is a way for Disney to appear they are giving something away but it really wouldn’t cost them anything. Aren’t most parks opening a bit before the published opening time already?

Seems like opening 30 min early is a way for Disney to appear they are giving something away but it really wouldn’t cost them anything. Aren’t most parks opening a bit before the published opening time already?

Yeah, it would be more restricting non-resort guests to not bring allowed in early

But Disney will spin it as giving something to one group when really is just, compared to current conditions, taking away something from another group

I'm not too sure how the 30 min opening would work with crowd control either. As much as I like the idea, there are on-site guests who choose to drive so parking lots would still need to be open in order for those guests to access the parks. Seems like it might cause long line-ups of non-resort guests at the entrances to the parks. This used to happen in the past but not sure it's something Disney wants right now.

I feel like if new AP sales were going to drop it would have been announced today with all the other offerings.

Sigh.

I'm also holding my breath for new AP sales... We have a trip planned mid-late Jan and also going back for the 50th so it would be really nice if APs were announced before our Jan trip but it seems so incredibly unlikely at this point. Still! I'll hold out hope.

if you have it in every park, every day that could be a nice thing - then you are spreading everyone that is staying at a resort out amongst the 4 parks so really should be relatively small group of people there in 30 mins early, so basically guarnateeing you get on at least 1 "e-ticket" with minimal wait, maybe then get in line for a 2nd prior to the gates opening to the general population ... almost would be equivalent to giving a bonus FP to those staying on property
There were multiple choices and I had to rank the ideas they had. I ranked this one first because I believe like you say that it will spread the crowds around. Depending what park you are in, a person could easily get a couple of rides in before the regular guests were let in. Also, quite a few people still don’t go to the parks until later, so it would still be relatively low crowd for a while.

I'm not too sure how the 30 min opening would work with crowd control either. As much as I like the idea, there are on-site guests who choose to drive so parking lots would still need to be open in order for those guests to access the parks. Seems like it might cause long line-ups of non-resort guests at the entrances to the parks. This used to happen in the past but not sure it's something Disney wants right now.

My line of thinking is that instead of everyone hitting an early park opening the same day, now you just go to the park you want. Might lesson crowds just a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter