News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just wondering if I ask for one when they go back on sale how long it will take before i HAVE to activate it. sounds good to me though!

Conditions might very well be different when they do go back on sale and I could see them not have a "use by date" out as far as in the past ... But I would think you would still have like a year or something, but just a guess

Well when everyone enables, this is why they do it.
Enable how? Its a lose lose. Disney (under Iger and Chapek) has always built things slow to spread costs over multiple fiscal cycles. If people stopped coming current Disney would look at that to stop spending. People coming isn't going to increase their speed either. Its just the way it is unfortunately. I myself think its absolutely ridiculous they are looking at halting construction on Tron until October 2021.

Enable how? Its a lose lose. Disney (under Iger and Chapek) has always built things slow to spread costs over multiple fiscal cycles. If people stopped coming current Disney would look at that to stop spending. People coming isn't going to increase their speed either. Its just the way it is unfortunately. I myself think its absolutely ridiculous they are looking at halting construction on Tron until October 2021.

But if people stop coming and accepting mediocre, Chapek will be gone and quicker than in a normal time.

But we still gonna jack you full price for your tickets! This company is becoming a joke.
They have been charging "full price tickets" for 6 months now for parks with closed attractions (some probably permanently) ... yet people are still going and enjoying themselves. (and planning on going in the coming year).

I don't think a lot of people factor new attractions into the "value" of their WDW ticket price. That is just a bonus. No matter when you go (except say 2020) .. you are probably always "missing" a new experience or attraction. I've "missed" the opening of Pandora, Toy Story Land and Rise of the Resistance by a few months and never felt I was getting less value out of my ticket price (as high as it may be). I knew I'd be going back and enjoy the new experiences (and miss the old ones that inevitably go away).

What it is .. is disappointing for the 50th. They obviously don't have any plans to have these two attractions open for the the actual 50th anniversary day -- I am guessing they are still trying to pair things back (cost wise) until 2022, which means many other things may not return in 2021 either.

It may make me re-think my 50th anniversary trip -- but since I am activating an AP in January, I will still probably go to get value out of that AP I was lucky enough to get a year ago. .

People might not consider price with openings of new attractions but they DO and WILL consider if anything new is opening before they come. So if they see that Tron, Gaurdians etc are not opening until 2022 now they'll just delay their return to the parks even more. Combine that with all the other restrictions and Disney shouldn't expect much increase in visits/revenue until then.

I know that if my daughter wasn't going to be going to high school next year my 4 trips this year wouldn't be happening. We are only going because I can't pull her out of school next year or the following years (we homeschool now so work around our trips.)

What do you want them to do? Let everyone in for free???
You know it's not an either / or proposition. IMO, a discount is in order. Partial price for a partial experience. For me, I'll wait until the Trolly Show returns at MK. I have a feeling I may be waiting awhile.

You know it's not an either / or proposition. IMO, a discount is in order. Partial price for a partial experience. For me, I'll wait until the Trolly Show returns at MK. I have a feeling I may be waiting awhile.

I can't see them ever offering a plain discount on a regular priced ticket

BUT they have already put out there one "deal" where you get two extra ticket days for free with specific types of packages booked. I could see more things like that .... While also increasing the starting point price so it seems like even more of a "deal"

I can't see them ever offering a plain discount on a regular priced ticket

BUT they have already put out there one "deal" where you get two extra ticket days for free with specific types of packages booked. I could see more things like that .... While also increasing the starting point price so it seems like even more of a "deal"

Those of us here know that deal is garbage. They just want people to pay resort rack rate. I'll take a room discount over any other deal any day.

Those of us here know that deal is garbage. They just want people to pay resort rack rate. I'll take a room discount over any other deal any day.

Well, it could work out for a family of 4 staying at a value - but yeah for most it is better to get the room only discount

But I think we will see more things like that that sound like a great deal (even if that is questionable) vs seeing Disney do a straight up discount on tickets

I’ll be picking up the discount Monday but holding out hope for a better one to drop.

A room discount would be better than this one but for those of us who normally stay value and get free dining, that’s the best deal for many of us. Ultimately I’m hoping they’ll bring back the dining plan and some day offer FD again.

Holding out hope just like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter