News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting. With the possibility of those things stopping for chunks of time, where distancing is just not a thing, it doesn't really make sense. Have they even increased restaurant capacity yet? Not that you should have the answers to this, just seems they're pushing the envelope a bit with this move.

Agreed- if this is a thing now then they might as well bring it all back. This is as close as it can get. Perhaps the hold up for other things is the staffing/training issues.

I'm afraid of heights so usually I just sit there clinging to the bench and barely breathing as we ride... I pity the poor family that would be stuck in one with me if we ever got stopped. :scared1:

Agreed- if this is a thing now then they might as well bring it all back. This is as close as it can get. Perhaps the hold up for other things is the staffing/training issues.

I'm afraid of heights so usually I just sit there clinging to the bench and barely breathing as we ride... I pity the poor family that would be stuck in one with me if we ever got stopped. :scared1:
Yeah this is where I am too. Either we're still doing this or we're not.

That's too bad they're seating parties together on the Skyliner, now I won't be about to treat it as a mask break.

How are they treating it if more than one party gets on? Is it that you absolutely.ust keep your mask on or leaving it up to the people themselves and if everyone is comfortable unmasking they can?

Not sure the best way for this all to work but they do need to move it back to more than 1 party eventually (be it now, a month from now, whatever) - it can't stay one party per cabin forever

How are they treating it if more than one party gets on? Is it that you absolutely.ust keep your mask on or leaving it up to the people themselves and if everyone is comfortable unmasking they can?

Not sure the best way for this all to work but they do need to move it back to more than 1 party eventually (be it now, a month from now, whatever) - it can't stay one party per cabin forever

Great to see you again! I don't see one party per cabin to last into the 50th.

While I would hope everyone would be adults, you're away from any CM intervention. Rule is mask up on transportation so I assume people will be cool and follow the rules while they're still in place.

Totally understand crowding will be back ASAP, but until then while the new rule is 3' I wouldn't think this works. I've even seen reports this week that they are still spacing on boats. Just doesn't add up!

As long as they keep asking if it's okay to have separate parties together.... I get that the lines are long sometimes, I've stood in them, but I was always very thankful that we had a cabin to ourselves. It made the mode of transportation so much nicer having just your family in the space. I'm hoping the buses never go back to standing, cramming people in. I like having my personal space.
But the problem with asking is what will keep everyone from requesting their own? Most people would love more personal space at a theme park. And then the system becomes overwhelmed. At some point, people visiting WDW are going to have to be ok with the inherent germ exposure, or decide to wait a bit longer to visit. :duck:

Personally I would keep mine on because I'd feel it was the polite thing to do, if I were seated with others on the Skyliner.

The whole skyliner thing is bound to make people think "why nothing else?" because those cabins are NOT as huge as they seem. My family of 3 always has a stroller, if we all sit on one side we are FACING another party, even with masks on, that's closer than I've gotten to another person whom I didn't know in over a year. I just feel like this is either a) Disney wants $$$$ so they ramp up capacity and start caring less and less about making guests comfortable (let's be honest there was nothing comfortable about post happily ever after crowds) or B) they are using this as a start to releasing all protocols (which is confusing because like I said this is a big one, there was little space, no plexi glass ever used, and other modes of transportation have more space between you and other parties)

But the problem with asking is what will keep everyone from requesting their own? Most people would love more personal space at a theme park. And then the system becomes overwhelmed. At some point, people visiting WDW are going to have to be ok with the inherent germ exposure, or decide to wait a bit longer to visit. :duck:
Eh, people get that. It's more about inconsistency at this point.

Is anyone else ready to volunteer their services posting news in a timely manner? 7 days a week and thru the seasons?

Personally I enjoy MrsAP’s enthusiasm. As she’s gained experience she’s also shown willingness to make adjustments after constructive feedback.

This is a theme park fan site. Most visitors understand it as such. It is made clear frequently around the boards the only 100% reliable guest info is what’s posted on Disney/WDW site and what current operations are credibly reported from the ground.

Does everything in life need a lawyer label? Of course we know without any word direct from Disney that FP is still up in the air. It’s fine to point out a glitch has been ongoing but is it necessary to continue harping on and on. There’s a FP board to discuss the merits/weakness. The conversation could’ve passed quickly if not for the recurring showdown.

If there’s lament about not having a different style board I’m pretty sure there is a way to make 2 distinct boards. First somebody would need to lead the alternate, then something agreeable can be decided for title distinctions. Any of us are free to post (whatever that view may be as long as it follows ToS) but these weekly showdowns feel pointless without a solution offered. Suggestions? We can all get along like we do on many other areas of this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter