Nicola and Andrew 3/23/09 noon WP/Portobello/Morocco More pictures

Nicsnick

Mouseketeer
:love2: I have been lurking for a while now and I am excited to be able to start planning my own wedding!!

Cast:
Me (Nicola): I just graduated from college with a degree to teach elementary school!!! I am currently looking for a job in Oregon while we are living in Texas (more on the move later). I am origanlly from England but moved to the states when I was 8. My family didnt think we would be here long so we traveled alot. One year we went to disneyland at thanksgiving and disney world at christmas. I had not been to Disney World since I was 9 ir 10 until Jan. 2006!

DF (Andrew): Andrew was born and raised in Oregon! He taveled to Disney World many times during his life. He also went to disney in Jan 2006!

How we met:
Well you can see that we both went to Disney World in Jan. 2006. We met Jan. 9th 2006 on arrival day of the College Program!! That right we are another couple who expericned the Magic of being a CP!! The first night my room mates and I invied the guys next door to go to Bennigans with us. Here is a picture of that first night! (we are the two in the back)

Firstnight-1.jpg

But I can say it was not love at first sight. I moved to florida in a relationship that was going downhill. I took me a while to relize this and it was Andrew who eventually led me away from that relationship into the best great relationship that we have :love:

Andrew and I have birthdays 3 days apart in Feb. So a whole group of us went out to dinner to help us celerbrate our birthdays!! That night Andrew gave me my birthday present and in the card he included a coupon for a date! I worked nights and he worked days so it was a couple of weeks later that we got to go on our first date. We went to Bomas! It was a wonderful evening with great food and even better company!! A couple of weeks later we shared our first kiss at the end of wishes!! We spend the rest of the time we lived in Vista enjoyingour time together. But that had to end. At the end of our program I had to come home to Texas to finish school and Andrew had to move back to Oregon. But that only last 3 months and Andrew moved to Texas at the end of that summer where we have been living ever since.:cloud9: :cloud9:

The Engagement:

Andrew and I have taken two trips to Disney World and 1 trip to Disneyland since he has moved to Texas. Last year we started planning the trip of all trips. It was my graduation gift! We rented DVC points from Andrews mom, did the dining plan, bought P&P Party tickets!! We where excited and all set to go. We left on Tuesday May 27th. I knew the engagement was comming because I had picked out my ring. But I did not know when during the trip it would happed. After 4 days of no ring we spent Sat. May 31 at the AKL pool. We then got ready and went to the P&P Party. We watched the parade adn started walking to Fantasyland. On the way we saw Cindys coach. I am a picture snob so we HAD to stop and get pictures.
june2008205-2.jpg

Then Andrew got on one knee and asked me to be his wife

june2008206-1.jpg

Of course I said YES!! I guess Andrew did not hear me because later he asked me what my answer was. We enjoyed the fireworks and the rest of the evening!!

I am excited that I get to start planning my DFTW. Im not sure of any details yet but we are hoping for July 2009. We are also moving to Oregon next month so that Andrew can finish school. We are driving and staying 5 nights at Disneyland on the way!

Well thats all for now. I should be studying for a test that I have Monday so I better go start that.

Great Story!!! Good Luck with your planning, enjoy it, it goes my faster than you can blink!!!

Congrats on graduating as well. I just recieved my AA this year, I'm half way to my elementary education degree!!!

welcome and congrats.... I love the pics in front of the carriage!!!! hOW GREAT IS THAT!:gOOD LUCK WITH ALL YOUR PLANS!goodvibes

:thumbsup2
Congratulations!

You both look adorable, and your DH2B is just too cute on his knee asking for your hand!

Can't wait to see how your wedding develops! Good luck!!! :hyper: It will be the happiest time ever as you plan your special day!]

Yay! You started your PJ!

:) Just for everyone's information, thats my husband in the tie-dyed shirt in the first pic!

YAY!! Congratulations!!! What a great proposal! :lovestruc

Can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

Congratulations and welcome to another Nicola!!! Your engagement pics are great!!
My name is Nichola (Nikki) and there is a Nicola from UK on the boards too.

I can't wait to read about your plans!

Thank You everyone!! I am excited to be planning a disney wedding!

While I was in Orlando last week my mom and I did a site visit. We met with Krisiti Davis. After meeting for about an hour at Frank's, Kristi took us to see the Living Seas, and American Adventure Parlor. I LOVED:love: Living Seas, not so much the Parlor. After we left Kristi My mom and I went to see Ariel's. This location was also not what I was looking for. When I got home I showed Andrew the pictures and he agreed with me about the living seas!! We still have alot of things to work out but we are thinking: WP, living seas, Lower UK dessert party!!

I dont have any pictures from the site visit to post right now but I will share pictures of my ring!!

june2008238-1.jpg

june2008239-1.jpg

Congratulations and welcome to another Nicola!!! Your engagement pics are great!!
My name is Nichola (Nikki) and there is a Nicola from UK on the boards too.

I can't wait to read about your plans!

Hello!!!!!!!!

I am that Nicola from the UK that Nikki is referring to :rotfl:

Congratulations! Not only do we share the same name but you got engaged on my birthday!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to read more! I got engaged in June 2007 and we are planning to wed at disney in May 2010 (also at WP and plan on having a lower UK DP) so i'll be around to see all your magic happen!

In April I took one of the qualifying exams to become a teacher in Texas. I failed by 1 point:mad: Well i took it again on Monday and I PASSED!!! Im super excited:banana: :banana: :cool1:

Also over the last couple of days Andrew and I have decided to have an escape wedding instead of a wishes wedding. We are only inviting our families so it will be 10 maybe 11 people total. We are hopeing for the 2:30 WP, dinner, then watch wishes on the Grande 1. We are really excited about this. We will then have two home receptions. One in Houston and one in Portland!! The Houston one will be more formal and the one in Portland will be more of an outdoor party in the park.

Now we have to pick a date.

Nicola -- Your story is so sweet and romantic! :lovestruc Long distance relationships are very difficult, but I think they help a couple to either get closer or realize they aren't meant to be. I think it is really darling how you and Andrew have made it all work. The proposal story is darling, too! Kudos to Andrew for picking such a perfect place to create that memory. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

Oh, and major congratulations on passing your teaching exam! :woohoo: Do you already have a job lined up or does that enable you to now apply for positions? I hope it all goes really well for you!

Congratulations on passing the exams! Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fabulous celebrations!!

Nicola -- Your story is so sweet and romantic! :lovestruc Long distance relationships are very difficult, but I think they help a couple to either get closer or realize they aren't meant to be. I think it is really darling how you and Andrew have made it all work. The proposal story is darling, too! Kudos to Andrew for picking such a perfect place to create that memory. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear more of your plans!

Oh, and major congratulations on passing your teaching exam! :woohoo: Do you already have a job lined up or does that enable you to now apply for positions? I hope it all goes really well for you!

I do not have a job yet but now I can really start looking!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter