Nifty Fifty: The Great return of the Sauciers! - April 2022 TR

I’m here and so excited to read about your latest trip!

Honest opinions on Genie + and LL
Very much looking forward to this and any tips before we go in a couple of weeks.
I feel like I’ve watched your daughters grow up, cannot believe they’re both almost as tall as you know! Have a feeling that day is coming for me too before I know it.
I used to make these to keep track of the fast passes we had, and just like having them for each day.
I love this idea, hope you’ll share how you set up the park days! I need to do something like this so I remember which LL to book in what order.
After we went into the Joffrey's right around the corner for an Iced Coffee for Andy and I to split. I don’t think we ever got coffee at the airport.
I wouldn’t be standing without coffee!

I’m here, excited to follow along! It is always so nice to start the first day of vacation especially when you haven’t been for awhile. Is Gwen straightening her hair! She looks so grown up with it straight! Both your girls have grown so much!

Yay, a new trip report! Can't wait to read more!
Yeah!!! Glad you are here. I have to circle back on your trip report. I am behind on just about everyone's!

I’m here and so excited to read about your latest trip!
YEAH!!! So glad you are here!

Very much looking forward to this and any tips before we go in a couple of weeks.
I will give you the short version, since you leave soon. I hate it! But it is a necessary evil at this point. I should get to my first day before you leave and will give some general pointers than.

I feel like I’ve watched your daughters grow up, cannot believe they’re both almost as tall as you know! Have a feeling that day is coming for me too before I know it.
I can't wait to see how big your girls have gotten too!

I love this idea, hope you’ll share how you set up the park days! I need to do something like this so I remember which LL to book in what order.
I can share the PPT I use. It's basically just a PPT sized down to the size of the phone screen.

I wouldn’t be standing without coffee!
Don't worry, I had coffee at the house. I need coffee literally first thing when I wake up.

I’m here, excited to follow along!
Glad you are here!!!

It is always so nice to start the first day of vacation especially when you haven’t been for awhile.
It was just really nice to be ON Vacation! And now i have the bug! I am already trying to figure out something for this summer. Anything!

Is Gwen straightening her hair! She looks so grown up with it straight!
She did! All 3 of us got hair cuts the day before we left, so the hair dresser straightened her hair for her. She hasn't figured out how to successfully do it herself yet.

First I just want to say, how happy I am to see everyone here and following along. It seems like such a silly thing but it feels like so normal. Does that make sense? I love sharing our trip and hearing about your trips! So, please share all your thoughts!!!

Travel Day: Lunch

We only had 5 minutes before Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar opened. So, we decided to just sit on the couches right outside and wait. We joked that we were rope dropping at a restaurant. And a bar at that.

IMG_0427 by Ariella Saucier, on Flickr
Morgan got her photo outside to share with her teacher. They had done a whole lesson on the movie and how it was made. And even talked about the restaurant in class. So, she joked that she wanted to see if she could get extra credit for eating here.

At 11:02 they opened the doors and we had our pick of tables. The girls requested the Diving Bell Table.
IMG_0427
It was cool to sit at but a little warm. I don't think the air conditioning circulated well in there. But once we had cooled off from sitting in the sun it was fine.

The whole restaurant is really fun to see all of the decor.
IMG_0427

IMG_0427
We were really happy to be at Disney! But also a wee bit hangry since we had been up since 3AM.

We ordered drinks right away! The girls both ordered the Diving Bell
Simply® Lemonade and Watermelon
IMG_0427
They were really good. Not too sweet.

I ordered the Cool-headed Monkey
Starr African Rum, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, Watermelon, and Pineapple Juice
IMG_0427
This is always really good. You can really taste the Tangerine Liqueur in it, which makes it very different from most drinks.

Andy just went with a Diet Coke. The waitress joked with him about how she makes the best diet coke.

While we were waiting for our drinks, another CM came in for their shift and I heard them say to another worker, that they were surprised there was someone here already. Yup! Leave it to us to mess up the quiet time for the CMs.

Jock Lindsey's is basically bar food / appetizers, but that was fine for us for lunch.

Gwen ordered the Chicken on the Egg
Fried Chicken, Deviled Eggs, and Hot Honey Sauce
IMG_0427
She requested no hot sauce. She LOVED these. It was her first time having deviled eggs but she enjoyed them. I tasted a bit and it was exactly what you would think it would taste like, deviled eggs with a small piece of fried chicken on top. I am sure the hot sauce adds something to it, but she loved it.

Morgan ordered Air Pirate's Cargo Loaded Pretzel
Prosciutto, Sliced Brats, Artisan Pepperoni, Smoked Cheddar, Black Diamond Cheddar, Caraway Pickles, Spicy Mustard, and Beer Cheese Fondue
IMG_0427
Morgan was in heaven with this. She has just started to like prosciutto and italian cheeses, and she has always loved soft pretzels, so this was perfect for her. And to be honest, basically why we came here for lunch! She didn’t touch either dip, but I tried the beer cheese fondue and it was very beer-y. Which is why she didn't like it.

Andy and I decided to split 3 things.

We ordered the Club Obi Wan Chicken Wings
served with Lime Sour Cream tossed in your choice of Shanghai BBQ, Birds Eye Chili or St. Augustine Datil Pepper Sauce
IMG_0427
We ordered the wings in Birds Eye Chili Flavor. The waitress had described it as a mild asian buffalo flavor. It was not that! It had a strong Ancho chili flavor. They were good but def not buffalo. And at first I was put off by the flavor just based on what the server had explained. But once I got over that, I really liked them.

I picked this item, as the steak sounded good.
Berbere Flank Steak* Flatbread
Romesco Sauce, Manchego, Arugula and Peppadews
IMG_0427
This was a little disappointing. I was looking forward to it but it was just ok. It wasn't bad just not as good as I was hoping. If that makes sense.

And then we kind of picked this one as a last minute add on. And I am glad we did!
Nona’s Home-style Meatballs
Handcrafted Italian Meatballs, Sunday Gravy, Basil Pesto, Scratch-made Lemon Ricotta, Grilled Focaccia Crostini, Grated Pecorino Romano
IMG_0427
These were the star of the show for us. They were really good! The lemon ricotta added a bit of richness to them but they were still not too heavy.

We were all very happy with our meal.

After our meal we headed out to do some shopping. We still hadn't gotten a text from Gideon's but we did have some shopping to do. Gwen was on a mission.

We headed to World of Disney. It was only 12:15 but it felt so much later to us.

Gwen was determined to get a Big Footie Plush. She has a collection of them from trips previously. And during our time away from Disney has made a list... A LIST.... of options she wanted to get while on this trip! And she didn’t bring her lovie with her on the trip.

IMG_1284

IMG_1284
It was good to see this guy again!!

IMG_1284
It was fairly hot today, and I was melting just walking from Jock Lindsey's to World of Disney. I was also fairly busy for only being noon. Or maybe this area is just a pinch point.

But we headed into World of Disney. And Gwen headed straight to the plush!
IMG_1284
The Porge Big Footie was hot on her list. They released this fairly close after our last trip. And Gwen loves porges. But that is not what she ended up with.

She found the Unicorn from Inside Out as a Big Footie and decided on that.
Untitled

How amazing is she!!! He look of disgust and holding the coffee cup. I think she might be my spirit plush! Ha!

I wanted EVERYTHING, but decided just on a yellow t-shirt that I liked, since I could wear it on the trip. Andy and Morgan had looked around a bit but didn’t find anything to buy just yet. We did the mobile check out and it was so easy! A little TOO easy!

We went into Trend-D next. Morgan wanted a new phone case. Hers was starting to fall apart. She couldn’t decide which one she liked, so she waited. I think she was just tired from getting up too early and couldn’t make a decision.

Gwen and I got a photo with the giant orange bird while Andy and Morgan looked at phone cases.
IMG_0420

IMG_0420

And then I made Gwen pose in Mr. Toad’s car.
IMG_1284
I tried to get Gwen to make a face like she was driving crazy and she really did not know what face to make.
IMG_1284

I tried to get Morgan to hop on as well, and she didn’t want to play along.
IMG_1284

We checked out the Pin Store next. Gwen found 1 lone Gravity Falls Magic Band. Which Morgan really liked it, so she decided on that for her one thing. Andy saw a green magic band he liked but wanted to see what else there was before getting it.

The "one thing" is a rule was created a long time ago to help curb the can I haves…. Most of the time, if they ask for something, the answer is yes but it’s your one thing for the day. It really has made them think about whether they REALLY want the item or not. Granted most of our trips aren’t this long! And there are sub rules, like how many plush Gwen can get in one trip and obviously how $$$ something is. I highly suggest it! I have recommended variations to friends, one thing in each park or just a defined # of items. Whatever works for your family.

Andy liked the Hunter Green solid magic band but wasn’t sure he wanted it. So, I sent Andy and the girls to the Star Wars store, while I paid for the Gravity Falls Magic Band. While paying I got the text that we could come back to GIdeons!

So, I went and found Andy and the girls and we divided and conquered. Andy went to go BACK to buy the green magic band and I took the girls to Goofy’s Kitchen. Andy was to meet us at Goofy’s Kitchen.

It has become a tradition to do Make Your Own Treats at Goofy’s Kitchen and it had JUST come back. So, we wanted to do it even though we were getting cookies as well. When we got there, Morgan was bummed because they didn’t have the dark chocolate or her cinnamon sugar that she usually gets. So... she pretty much cried... Poor thing, teen hormones are real!!!!

She didn’t get anything, she was too disappointed. But Gwen did get her usual rice Kristen treat with milk chocolate, Oreo and 50th sprinkles.
IMG_1284
They are different now. They use less chocolate, toppings are split top and bottom instead of top and sides and no drizzle. It was def a little bit of a dispointment. I would recommend only get 1 topping now, the extra cost is NOT worth it.

We were waiting for them to make Gwen's rice krispee and Andy was taking forever. He texted me to ask where we were. And I said in the back. Well, Andy went to Gideon's NOT Goofy's.... oops! We said to stay there, and we would meet him there.

We left Goofy’s at 1:20 and high tailed up to Gideon's. We g
ot in line at Gideons at 1:35. And It was HOT! Thankfully, we only waited 10 minutes to get inside.

So, we ended up waiting 2 hours before we could get in. But it was fine, as we had planned on doing the things we did in the meantime. Having the virtual line does really help!

IMG_1284
It really is strange inside!

IMG_1284
Morgan did love how it was decorated.

IMG_0479

IMG_1284
This is Gwen's face to look like the kids in the paintings.

IMG_1284

IMG_1284
The curved bookcases felt like we were in Nightmare before Christmas.

We ordered:
2 Peanut Butter Crunch,
1 Original Chocolate Chip
1 Pistachio Toffee
1 Bag of the Bites - Six-pack of bite sized chocolate dipped cookies
1 Peanut Butter Nitro Cold Brew
1 Buttercream Frosting
1 Peanut Butter Frosting
You order all the cookies at the cashier and I think as I was ordering, you loose track of what you are ordering!

IMG_1284
When we were checking out, we asked if the portrait (right below) was Gideon, and the cashier explained that Gideon used to live there but disappeared. All the books in the store are/were his. And they just took over the space to sell cookies. A little strange of a story but whatever!...
IMG_1284

We snacked on the cookies over the course of Coronado stay. Morgan liked the peanut butter crunch the best. Andy and I liked the toffee the best. Gwen liked her bag of the bites. Which was fun, as they quareter the giant cookies and then dip them in chocolate. But it's a mix of cookies, so it is a suprise what you get.

I loved the Peanut Butter Cold Brew!!!! It def lived up the hype!!!! Andy and I split it and it was filling!

At this point, we were very tired, so we decided to head back to the hotel even though we hadn’t gotten a room text yet. We figured worse case, we could hang out in the lobby or get our suitcases and get our bathing suits out and go to the pool

Up next, finishing up the day!

The food at Jock’s looks great and love the diving bell table! Also hoping we get some Gideon’s on our next trip.

Enjoying your report, thanks for sharing

The deviled eggs and meatballs from Jock Lindsey's look delicious! I've heard a CM comment at being their at opening before, too. (Mine was a F&G booth.) In a busy place like a theme park, you just have to expect people coming in at opening to happen.

Haha, that Unicorn plush is great. I love the big feet plush, but they look big!

I love your one a day souvenir system. I think it is a great idea. My kids have been saving their birthday/Christmas/chore money for a long time now, but I think I need to implement some kind of rule like you so that they don't blow it all on the first few days. I think I'll probably go with what you do.

The Gideon's cold brew!! I'm so happy to hear you liked it. It's sweet and perfect on a hot day. And the toffee cookie is really good, too. I didn't know about the bites, sounds like something my kids would like. Might have to add it to our To-try list.

The food at Jock’s looks great and love the diving bell table! Also hoping we get some Gideon’s on our next trip.
It was a perfect way to get the vacation started. Very laid back.

Enjoying your report, thanks for sharing
Thanks for following along!!!

I love your one a day souvenir system. I think it is a great idea. My kids have been saving their birthday/Christmas/chore money for a long time now, but I think I need to implement some kind of rule like you so that they don't blow it all on the first few days. I think I'll probably go with what you do.
It does help them really make the decisions themselves. I mean within reason, of course.

I didn't know about the bites, sounds like something my kids would like. Might have to add it to our To-try list.
They come in a bag and I think it said while still available. If I had to guess, they use any leftover cookies from the day before? That said they didn't taste stale or anything.

I've heard a CM comment at being their at opening before, too. (Mine was a F&G booth.) In a busy place like a theme park, you just have to expect people coming in at opening to happen.
I didn't mind. I actually thought it was kind of funny. But I was surprised that they were surprised.. I mean it's Disney!??!

Popping over from the PTR. Can’t wait to read more . I went to Gideons last night for the first time . I am on a solo trip so “only” got three cookies . I wanted someone with me so I could order more - well ,mi could have but didn’t want to waste anything . I got peanut butter chocolate swirl, original chocolate chip , and dark coffee cake ( I think that’s right - it’s the nighttime version of the morning coffee cake one ) soooo good . This morning I went to Everglazed. Not even 24 hours in and I am overloaded on sugar !

I will give you the short version, since you leave soon. I hate it! But it is a necessary evil at this point. I should get to my first day before you leave and will give some general pointers than.
Oh no! I'm pretty sure I will hate it too. I'm already more stressed out that I should be that I can't plan our days in advance. I'll probably be reading along while we are there!
I can share the PPT I use. It's basically just a PPT sized down to the size of the phone screen.
Yes please!! I need to do something like this to stay organized.
First I just want to say, how happy I am to see everyone here and following along. It seems like such a silly thing but it feels like so normal. Does that make sense? I love sharing our trip and hearing about your trips! So, please share all your thoughts!!!
I agree, love reading about and planning for trips again after such a long break!
At 11:02 they opened the doors and we had our pick of tables. The girls requested the Diving Bell Table.
This is so cool! Are there other tables/pods like this in the restaurant? We're planning to do drinks here one night but probably won't be there in time to request the Diving Bell but that looks super fun. Great family photo!
I ordered the Cool-headed Monkey
Starr African Rum, Van Der Hum Tangerine Liqueur, fresh Lime Juice, Watermelon, and Pineapple Juice
I will probably order this! That sounds so good and refreshing.
She found the Unicorn from Inside Out as a Big Footie and decided on that.
Great choice! The coffee cup sells it for me too.
The "one thing" is a rule was created a long time ago to help curb the can I haves
That's a great idea! I'll need to think about our rules in advance too, we have 4 park days but almost 2 weeks of trip. We're just now at that age where they beg to buy everything they see.
So, we ended up waiting 2 hours before we could get in. But it was fine, as we had planned on doing the things we did in the meantime. Having the virtual line does really help!
I didn't have Gideon on our list but now thinking we should add it! Do you need to be at Disney Springs to join the virtual queue? Wondering if we could do that during one of our meals there. Do you have a certain amount of time to go back when you get the text?

What a great start to your trip. Wise move joining the virtual queue at Gideons at the start and then doing all the things you planned doing anyway. Food at Jock’s looks great. I haven’t been but I’d love to sit in the diving bell booth and enjoy some of those meatballs.
Sorry Morgan was so disappointed at Goofy’s. It’s a must do every trip for us too.
It’s hard being a teenager sometimes with big emotions and lots of hormones.
Gwen looks so cute doing her crazy driver faces. Love the idea of one thing a day and that they take time to choose wisely. Sounds like the unicorn plush was the perfect choice for Gwen
How big was your bill at Gideon’s? Lots of tasty choices. I like the sound of the pistachio cookie and the surprise bites.

Last edited:
I got peanut butter chocolate swirl, original chocolate chip , and dark coffee cake ( I think that’s right - it’s the nighttime version of the morning coffee cake one ) soooo good . This morning I went to Everglazed. Not even 24 hours in and I am overloaded on suga
I wanted to try the coffee cake one but tried to not get TOO many!!! It's hard, because you want to try them all but know that you can't physically eat all of them!

We didn't even make it over to where Everglaze is! I did want to try there as well but we didn't go to that end of Disney Springs.

Your lunch at Jock Lindsey's looks good. A good start to your first day!!
Thanks! It really was nice to not be rushing into a park on the first day.

Oh no! I'm pretty sure I will hate it too. I'm already more stressed out that I should be that I can't plan our days in advance. I'll probably be reading along while we are there!
I think for planners like us, it is hard. I really tried to keep an open mind about it too! Andy was already against it before we went and I was totally trying to look at it on the bright side. And nope....

Yes please!! I need to do something like this to stay organized.
I will try and do that today!

Are there other tables/pods like this in the restaurant?
So, there is only 1 diving bell. But there is an outside area and the one side has a boat with tables that you can sit in. So, that is fun and probably easier to get as a table than the 1 Diving Bell. But it is probably luck of the draw when you get there and someone leaves.

That's a great idea! I'll need to think about our rules in advance too, we have 4 park days but almost 2 weeks of trip. We're just now at that age where they beg to buy everything they see.
Yes! The constant asking is a thing. Decide what your rules are and they will figure it out pretty quick.

Do you need to be at Disney Springs to join the virtual queue? Wondering if we could do that during one of our meals there. Do you have a certain amount of time to go back when you get the text?
So, you do have to physically be there to join the queue. But I will say, we went back later in the trip, and there was no wait! It was a week day, so I am sure that had something to do with it.

Also, I asked how long we had to come back and the CM said 30 minutes but I think we didn't end up getting there till 45 minutes after our text and we had no problems. They have to know people will be at restaurants and the other side of Disney Spring and need time to get back.

Def five it a try, worse thing that happens, is you leave without getting in. You can text them to ask to be taken off the list, if that happens.

Sorry Morgan was so disappointed at Goofy’s. It’s a must do every trip for it’s too.
She gets it from me, wanting things to be perfect. Sigh... It was also just not the same experience as it used to be.

How big was your bill at Gideon’s?
Our bill was $55! That is a lot for cookies! But they are HUGE cookies. We snacked on them for the first 5 days between all 4 of us.

I like the sound of the pistachio cookie and the surprise bites.
I really liked this one, mostly because it was the most unusual one.

Great first part of the long travel day! I love the pistachio toffee cookie at Gideons, yum it is my favorite,
I love the cool headed monkey, one of my favorite drinks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter