Night at Cinderella Castle

Mickey Rules

I'm an aspiring monorail driver
Ok, I've just been curious about something. (This may sound actually like a stupid question lol...but oh well lol :lmao: ) If you win the night in the castle, do they lock you in? I know they're obviously not going to keep the park open for you, but can you walk around the castle or walk around outside in the park? I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but it's Disney, you never know lol. Also, do they open the park early...kinda like special magic hours? :confused3 :confused3 Thanks.

I wish I could answer this question.

There has to be a way out, though. What if someone had a heart attack or there was a fire or something?

I've heard there is a cast member, sort of like a butler, who spends the night in the castle. I'm sure he or she could help if there was an emergency.

There is a dis'er that won just a couple of weeks ago. She has a thread over on the YOAMD forum so I'm sure she could answer for you.

Yeah, but even if there was not an emergency...it would kind of stink to be told, "Go to your room and stay there all night!"

*In case any WDW authorities are reading this...ummm, I am not saying I wouldn't do as I am told, so it ya wanna pick my family for a stay at the castle, don't worry, we will obey orders!*:banana:

I am just wondering if you get hungry in the middle of the night...is food available?

I am imagining the same thing kind of a butler/security/concierge person, to make sure you aren't wandering, but also to retrieve anything you may want/need

When watching the travel channel regarding the Castle's new room, they said it would have a butler at the guests services but as far as being locked in at night I can't tell that I just know that there is a butler and I am really jealous I would love to spend the night there.:goodvibes

Congrates to all the winners !!!!!

That's a great ??? I never even thought about that. I have thought about how great it would be not to have to deal with the crowds for transportation back to your resort , as well as being able to roll out of bed and be in the park for rope drop, but never thought about the possibility of people "wandering around" the park at night. I'd be too exhausted, but for night owls...:cool1:

I read an article about a someone who stayed and they were allowed to leave at night after park hours and your personal asst. would kind of give you your own private keys to the kingdom tour.

http://travel.msn.com/Guides/article.aspx?cp-documentid=382552

Reading this article I don't think this guy "gets" the pixie dust, but on page 3 he describes how he goes out after hours.

Thanks for the article, so I guess if you ask for a late night tour, you can get one...pretty cool. BTW everyone that has the same questions that I do should read that article lol. Thanks again.

I heard that you are not allowed to "roam" the park once it closes. You watch the fireworks from your room. I think once you are in the suite you're in there until morning and obviously if there is an emergency you can leave. I also heard there is a butler too.

I would hope that you could leave the room at night. My favorite part of going to disney isn't going on the rides, it's wandering around and enjoying the sights and experience. If they could keep the music playing around the park so you could just walk around, the night in the suite would be perfect.

According to that article, you cannot leave the suite unless you call the CM's that are with you. The guy also said that he called and asked for a night tour. He said that the lights and music were still on when he went out after the park was closed. Now, I don't know if he was granted this because he was a special AP guest or if it is the same for everyone as well. If anyone wins, can you ask and see if you can get a night tour and then report back here if you don't mind? But that's all I know lol.

I would love to spend a night in the castle, but wouldn't like to be locked in. What if you needed out of the room, and lost phone service and couldn't get a hold of the CM or Butler? I guess I watch to many thrillers. :lmao:

How do you win a night at the Castle??? This may be our last trip to Disney for quite some time.. How great itwould be to have this special magic.:goodvibes :dance3: :cheer2: :woohoo: :love: :cloud9: :hippie: :banana: :) :cool1: :upsidedow :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter