Night before Cruise

Yes, I definetely would recommend the Radisson Hotel in Port Canaveral. We found it very convenient and very nice.
Hope this helps,
Vivian

I just booked a room at the Radisson for July 5th and found a rate of 89.00. It's the visit Florida rate. I don't think they have many rooms with this rate. So if you want to stay here you better book quick. I kept checking the web site every few days until this rate came available. Good luck!
:)

Last August and January we got the two king bed jacuzzi suite for only $99!!! Great room!!!

MJ

I prefer to stay near the airport in Orlando and get a room near the airport. We typically use Priceline and get the Marriott for $25 to $28. They have a free shuttle from the airport, and in the morning we use Happy Limo to get to Port Canaveral.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Yep, we also prefer to stay near the airport. We either stay at the Marriott or Hilton Garden Inn (usually either DH or I ususally have points to use). Its easy to catch the shuttle over to the hotel. In the morning, we take the shuttle back and they drop us off right at the DCL check-in point.

On our Jan 25th Eastern trip, we were back at the airport early and were on the 2nd bus out to the port, so we had a great place in line. The waiting went by so quickly. Before we knew it, we were boarding!!!

Have a great trip!

We have stayed at the raddison once (it was nice but somewhat expensive - around $100/night including taxes). Since we drive from Atlanta we have found that staying near downtown disney (at the new marriott village - fairfield inn for instance) is great. We have stayed near the airport too. We prefer either of these over the raddison because they cost a lot less, and if we arrive early enough we get to visit downtown disney the evening before we sail for some shopping and dining. This way we don't spend nearly as much and it is only a 45 minute drive to the port on Saturday am. We usually leave the hotel around 9:30am and are at the port by 10:15am!

We have chosen the cruise package at the Courtyard by Marriott. The cost for the room package is less than the cost of the parking we won't be paying for because of the package.

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach? How far is it from Port Canaveral & does anyone know the rates for February? Thanks Cathie

Hi goofydadeo.

if we arrive early enough we get to visit downtown disney the evening before we sail for some shopping and dining.

I have found the shopping and dining to be exorbitant at Downtown Disney. Is there a reasonably priced restaurant and discount gift shop I'm missing???

Cathie,
I did have a reservation at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach before I got the $89 rate at the Radisson. The Hampton rate was $129 for 2 double beds with continental breakfast included, parking while on the cruise and shuttle to and from the cruise ship. I thought the rate was okay until I found the rate at the Radisson. I think the Hampton is just a couple of miles farther away from the port.

Alison

Buckaroo's Dad - The Premium Outlet Mall is very close to Downtown Disney (on Vineland Blvd near the Marriott Village). In it is a Disney Character Premiere store (a discount version of the Disney Store). We have found some great deals there especially on clothing (kids and adults) from the Disney Theme Parks and Resorts. All of it is first quality but it may be discontinued. I agree that shopping and dining in Downtown Disney can be expensive but we usually check on the sale racks in Team Mickey and the World of Disney stores and find a bargain or two, plus there's lots of stuff to just browse at which get's us excited for the cruise the next morning. We recent ate lunch at Wolfgang Pucks and found the food to be very good and the price reasonable. Ice cream at Ghiradelli is also a bit pricely but afterall you're on vacation - splurge some!

Thank you, goofydadeo. Will try the Premium Outlet Mall this coming August. Prefer to hold on the Ghiradelli ice-cream though. It's not that I dislike their offerings, but rather, I like it waaayyyyy too much...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter