No Buy ~ January 2013 edition

1/5 - $57.97 Groceries, $60.01 Gas

I posted several things on craigslist so hopefully I will make some money this weekend.

1/6 - $0 son had hockey game that ended at lunch time and he wanted me to stop by and pick him up something to eat but I actually planned a head and had snacks already in the car waiting for him as I knew he would be hungry.
1/7 - $0 Best friend invited me to lunch and we went somewhere that I had a gift card which I don't count since it didn't come out of the budget.

I haven't sold any of DH's clothes yet so if they don't sell by the weekend I am going to start a garage sale pile for those items I can't sell now. We have a community wide Garage Sale in May and we always make about $100. I know not a lot but it is better then nothing and once the sale is done I will donate the lefterover items.

Well, I made the 1st week with only 1 dinner out. I did make a Walmart grocery run last night which was $90 for 2 weeks worth of fill ins for dinners out of the cupboard/freezer & a few household needs. Today would have been SO easy to eat out, but I made dinner here. Have to celebrate the small victories!

Great job on the eating in!!

My girls are all color coded purple, pink, red. Ds has blue. And they all have the white baby album. I started the family album in the burgandy color they had but they discontinued it long time ago so I had to find something else. :(

LOL my kids are color coded too. Green, Blue, Red and Pink. I'm purple and DH is black.

my albums are different colors for different years.

princess stich said:
1/6- $12 admission to son's bball game
1/7-$9.31 Kroger, $23.65 CVS/Walgreens (received $10 CVS gift card). Made $10 on books
1/8
1/9
1/10
1/11
1/12

Made: $82/$50 goal
$0 days: 2/15 goal

Thanks for the encouragement. Plugging along with this. Ate out tonight prior to CCD as it was Moe Monday & burrito, chips & drink are $5. Of course, it was not worth the 12 miles round trip to come home for the 90 minutes & DS needed balsa wood for Science Olympiad tomorrow so I hit Michael's. Good thing was everything I bought for scrapbooking/stickers/paper was in clearance so with the balsa wood total was $10.72, could've been worse. Target was $11.02: 2 bath towels (clearance for $2 each), 1 pack Valentines day paper, 2 big Jake & pirate pencils for DS2 for plane to Disney, 2 package Goldfish & 2 can tomato soup. Also returned a $20 video game. Thanks to this thread & destash, I am thinking very carefully prior to buying if I need it & how long will I be storing it!! Double motivation!

1/6 - $0 son had hockey game that ended at lunch time and he wanted me to stop by and pick him up something to eat but I actually planned a head and had snacks already in the car waiting for him as I knew he would be hungry.
1/7 - $0 Best friend invited me to lunch and we went somewhere that I had a gift card which I don't count since it didn't come out of the budget.

1/8 - $0: Brought my lunch again today!

1/1 - $0
1/2 -$29- groceries
1/3 - $0
1/4 -$88.89 at Walmart ($26.85 was a bday gift for a party next weekend, $$18.48 was food, rest household including a box for all of DS's new trucks) $78.90 at Safeway ($59.80 was cashed in raincheck for 20lbs hamburger)
1/5 - $257-costco
1/6 - $25.45 but saved $41.20 with coupons and sales
1/7 -$0

not too shabby for needed to fill the pantry :)

1/8
1/9
1/10
1/11
1/12
1/13

:thumbsup2

I knew I wasnt the only one. Around here they think I am crazy. :rotfl:

Not crazy at all!! When there are six people in the house it just makes more sense. I can glance at the calendar and know right off the bat, DS16 has a meet and DS12 has art class on the same day.
Ask Nancy, there are months that it looks like a rainbow threw up all over my calendar.

Oh and I have a back up calendar on my phone and I can color code the kids there too.

Not crazy at all!! When there are six people in the house it just makes more sense. I can glance at the calendar and know right off the bat, DS16 has a meet and DS12 has art class on the same day.
Ask Nancy, there are months that it looks like a rainbow threw up all over my calendar.

Oh and I have a back up calendar on my phone and I can color code the kids there too.

My mother always did that for the 5 of us too. We even had colored coded cups, plates, toothbrushes, towels, and everything- it was easy to see whose was whose on everything and what needed cleaning and replacement.

Rebecca

I color code everything here.. there was 7 of us..... now with 2 off at college it's a little easier and less of a rainbow throwing up... but boy do I miss all that stuff..... Trace's song "You're Gonna Miss This" really does ring true!!!

today is a NO buy day! :woohoo:

I think today will end up being a $0 day too! Although I'm soon going to hafta take a big hit. DS just announced their class will be taking a senior trip. Who knew being a senior was so expensive? Those of us who have first time senior kids should get some kind of warning.

For all of those who haven't had a senior yet, here's your warning. Its expensive!

Pictures
School pictures
cap & gown
yearbook
yearbook dedication
SAT
ACT tests
Advanced Placement Tests
Sending SAT results
Applying at Colleges
College Visits
Housing fee
Tuition down payment
Graduation Announcements
Senior Trip....and on and on and on!

LOL!! Tell it Danielle...

Also, remember ACT testing (we do both here)...
Luckily our Senior photos for the yearbook are taking by one place and it's free if you schedule it correctly and you don't have to purchase them.. (we didn't because they were not what we wanted)...

Also, any AP tests/ or dual credit college courses taken during HS....

We don't do senior trips here..
and my senior trip was paid for with my class dues (from what I remember).... we did a boat ride on the Ohio River.. what an awesome time that was...

Oh, then you need to add in the

Housing application or deposit fee for college housing (some schools do; some don't).. both college kids did (PJ costs us 250 a year.. then 200 comes off our first semester bill)
Deposit fee for tuition (some schools do this; some do not)... DsS21's did but DD's did not

:rotfl2:Oh yeah. Totally forgot that he hit us with the 4 AP tests he will need to take. Haven't even gotten to the college deposit and housing deposit yet. I'm hyperventilating at the thought of it all.......:headache:

Oh, and the senior trip isn't just a ride on the river. They have decided to spend 4 days & 3 nights in NYC. Trip is only going to cost a measley $450! What a bargain!

Wow! A bargain!!! NOT.. that's 450 to go toward tuition cost... but something you don't want to take away from the senior year...

I would say... if any trouble.. sweetie you lose your trip and if I have paid.. you reimburse me!!!

Oh, the life of parents during the Senior year.
I get hit again next year!!! I'm already saving!

Wow! A bargain!!! NOT.. that's 450 to go toward tuition cost... but something you don't want to take away from the senior year...

I would say... if any trouble.. sweetie you lose your trip and if I have paid.. you reimburse me!!!

Oh, the life of parents during the Senior year.
I get hit again next year!!! I'm already saving!

I know. I keep thinking "he's only a senior once". And my parents found the money to send me to WDW for my senior trip.....even though to this day I have no idea how they came up with it. Money was extremely tight, but they gave me the trip as a gift and I have them to thank for my :love: of Disney. That's a great idea about the behavior though. I told him that this trip and his graduation party would be his graduation gift from us.

Hardly seems enough, considering one of his very good friends got a brand new Jeep as his christmas/graduation gift. Those are the perks when your dad is a neurosurgeon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter