No more lotion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. It was called "conditioning shampoo," but it was your typical clear, absolutely non-conditioning shampoo.
If it's a conditioning shampoo it's basically considered a 2-in-1. I'm betting that's why you didn't get a separate conditioner because the shampoo has conditioning agents within it.

Those types of shampoos don't work well on my hair which tends to get oily and is fine and thin-I'll use them if that's all the place has (like I did in Vegas the rare time I decided not to bring my own stuff) but I don't like to.

We were at GF last weekend and had shampoo, conditioner, the bar soaps, vanity kits , shower caps and lotion all weekend -and replaced each day (I love the stuff) -we had to move rooms the last night due to water leak- and the 2nd room was also fully stocked . Non CL, Sago Cay building. Came home with several sets including the lotion :P

interesting as we stayed at GF Royal Palm club last week and were not given lotion. But had it at boardwalk the 2nd half of trip (suite)

I’m brand loyal and picky, so I tend to ignore most of the in room stuff.

This is obnoxious though. It would be more tolerable had they not made such a big deal of “industry standards” with the parking charges. On that note I’m still waiting for my industry standard included breakfast, Disney.

We too noticed no pen/paper on our trip last weekend. We never bothered to ask for it, only needed it to leave a not for housekeeping. Still, strange to have it missing. Guess guests have taken so many they are running out for the time being

Now that you mention it, I couldn't find any paper/pen to write down “housekeeping” for our daily tips. At first I blamed myself for being lazy not to open all the drawers but… maybe they've never made their way to GDT after all.

We keep getting full sets of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash each day lined up next to the untouched ones. I would trade them all for one lotion!
Not lotion but Coffee 1 st day I took(put it my bag) 2 decaf pods my friend still has a pod type coffee maker and she like decaf sometimes in the winter. Everyday MK just kept piling up more pods, I bit wasteful And they didn't need to leave Shampoo & Conditioner when the others were on the counter.

Hi gang,

I heard back from Guest Services and I'm sharing the response below (bolding is mine):

Patrick Sandberg (Disney)
guest.services@disneyworld.com

Aug 28, 1:29 PM EDT
Dear Octavia,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort and your continued dedication as a Disney Vacation Club Member.

I sincerely appreciate you reaching out to us, providing feedback about our changes to the in-room bathroom amenities. I am sorry for your disappointment with a recent change that could affect future experiences at our Resort. We are figuring out what might be the long-term offerings in our rooms and this decision may be permanent or temporary, based on operational and Guest feedback. Although there isn't a timeline with regards to reversing this decision, I wanted to let you know that I have shared the comments as we consider the future offerings and adjustments happening here at the Walt Disney World Resort. You are welcome to be on the lookout for any other changes to reestablish the previous offerings during your future visits. We hope you will be returning despite this change. We provide our Guests with a lot of choices and would like you to enjoy them as much as you are able.

Octavia, our Guests' comments are invaluable, and we truly appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us. We look forward to future opportunities to entertain you at our Resort.

Kindest regards,

Patrick Sandberg
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
407-934-6182

Based on this, I'd suggest that if you don't like the disappearance of the lotion, that you contact Guest Services to make your feelings known.

Hi gang,

I heard back from Guest Services and I'm sharing the response below (bolding is mine):

Patrick Sandberg (Disney)
guest.services@disneyworld.com

Aug 28, 1:29 PM EDT
Dear Octavia,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort and your continued dedication as a Disney Vacation Club Member.

I sincerely appreciate you reaching out to us, providing feedback about our changes to the in-room bathroom amenities. I am sorry for your disappointment with a recent change that could affect future experiences at our Resort. We are figuring out what might be the long-term offerings in our rooms and this decision may be permanent or temporary, based on operational and Guest feedback. Although there isn't a timeline with regards to reversing this decision, I wanted to let you know that I have shared the comments as we consider the future offerings and adjustments happening here at the Walt Disney World Resort. You are welcome to be on the lookout for any other changes to reestablish the previous offerings during your future visits. We hope you will be returning despite this change. We provide our Guests with a lot of choices and would like you to enjoy them as much as you are able.

Octavia, our Guests' comments are invaluable, and we truly appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us. We look forward to future opportunities to entertain you at our Resort.

Kindest regards,

Patrick Sandberg
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
407-934-6182

Based on this, I'd suggest that if you don't like the disappearance of the lotion, that you contact Guest Services to make your feelings known.

Thank you, email sent.

Looks like Disney is out ahead of this game. Marriott appears to be jumping on the no small bottle bandwagon. Guess I will be lugging toiletries everywhere in the future. I typically bring my own toiletries, but my husband is good with whatever the hotel provides. On short trips though, I prefer not to bother for either of us. :headache: Oh and IHG announced it will be doing likewise by 2021.

Looks like Disney is out ahead of this game. Marriott appears to be jumping on the no small bottle bandwagon. Guess I will be lugging toiletries everywhere in the future. I typically bring my own toiletries, but my husband is good with whatever the hotel provides. On short trips though, I prefer not to bother for either of us. :headache: Oh and IHG announced it will be doing likewise by 2021.
I'm pretty certain when Disney first started doing the large containers people notated that they've seen this in other hotels before but it may be that large hotel companies as a whole are starting to do away with it.

In the case of this I don't see why your husband can't just use the large bottles? I know for some people they've had more complaints in respects to baths/bathing children due to where the larger bottles are afixed to in terms of the location in the shower area.

I'm pretty certain when Disney first started doing the large containers people notated that they've seen this in other hotels before but it may be that large hotel companies as a whole are starting to do away with it.

In the case of this I don't see why your husband can't just use the large bottles? I know for some people they've had more complaints in respects to baths/bathing children due to where the larger bottles are afixed to in terms of the location in the shower area.

Yes, he can use those icky bottles attached to a wall--kind of skeeves me though especially after I saw some of them on a POR thread post (missing spouts, generally filthy and rusty). Still, none of them mention that they will place lotion in the rooms so I will need to bring that for him as well.

It's a bottle of lotion, not insulin. :rolleyes:

Not an acceptable comment. The poster was not saying "how dare you not have my lotion! The poster was commenting on how Disney is slowing RIPPING US OFF by taking away the amenaties we have become accustomed to and when your paying more money per night than you would if you were staying at the Ritz Carlton that is rediculous. True 5 star hotels (Disney does not have a five star hotels, this is fact not supposition) that charge less than Disney provide shampoo, conditioner, lotion and a who;e lot more. Why you choose to ridacule a person that merely wants service in line with what they are paying for is beyond me.

For future trips, you can bring a travel sized lotion (from like Bath and Body Works or similar) and use that on your feet. An easy solution for the future, but that doesn't help anyone who is there now and needs lotion.
When you're spending several hundred per night for a resort, you shouldn't have to run to the store before the trip to get basic toiletries that hotels at most levels routinely provide to guests.

When you're spending several hundred per night for a resort, you shouldn't have to run to the store before the trip to get basic toiletries that hotels at most levels routinely provide to guests.
Since you are no longer getting them from Disney, you'll have to if you want lotion. :thumbsup2

Getting rid of or at least decreasing the use of these plastic bottles across the hotel industry can only do good for our planet.
My god, has anyone been watching the news these past weeks? It may seem annoying, or cheap, or whatever, but we ALL need to start, even in the smallest ways. Hey, I liked the little bottles too...

Last edited:
Getting rid of or at least decreasing the use of these plastic bottles across the hotel industry can only do good for our planet.
My god, has anyone been watching the news these past weeks? It may seem annoying, or cheap, or whatever, but we ALL need to start, even in the smallest ways. Hey, I liked the little bottles too...

I don't know, from what I've read in this thread it seems like everyone takes the little bottles home and cherishes them forever. None of them make it into the trash! ;)

I think it is upsetting because Disney is hiding behind the environmental impact when really it is mostly saving money on it's bottom line. Partnering with Ziploc for Splash Mountain, selling plastic popcorn buckets, and not giving discounts on overpriced reactivated rapid refill mugs are a few examples that contradict the mission. Disney conveniently chooses to remove things it gave for free and is replacing it with things you can purchase to help the environment. The reusable bags are prime example of this. Disney could give resort guests a free one when checking-in or even donate the proceeds towards the conservation fund. Instead it specifies no discounts on the bags and increases the price.

We too noticed no pen/paper on our trip last weekend. We never bothered to ask for it, only needed it to leave a not for housekeeping. Still, strange to have it missing. Guess guests have taken so many they are running out for the time being

I don’t think it’s just for the time being. We didn’t have them at YC CL in February or April. Also not at AS Movies earlier this month. I just think they’re gone for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter