No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try. - ToT 10 Miler & F&W - Updated 12/21

Gems of Italy

Shortly before 6:00PM, we headed downstairs to Flying Fish where we waited to be seated. It wasn’t long until we were seated in the alcove area of Flying Fish for our wine dinner. This dinner was different than the champagne dinner we did last year as this one only had about 16 guests in attendance versus the max capacity of 32. Everything at the dinner was amazing! The conversation with the table (we were sat with 2 other couples), the food, and the wine. Our favorite wine was the 2012 Terredora di Paolo Fiano di Avellino that I need to see if I can get from our local wine store.

zpP7p1r.jpg

Menu

COH0vVI.jpg

Wine List

PEy1HBf.jpg

Grilled Citrus-Scented Maine Octopus, Pickled Green Strawberries, Quail Egg, Cucumber, Preserved Lemon & Radishes served with 2013 Lechhaler Pinot Grigio

ENsKPVo.jpg

Lemon Mascarpone-laced Lobster Risotto di Carnaroli, Arugula, Tagglasca Olives, Tiny Tomatoes & Pecorino Stagionato served with 2012 Terredora di Paolo Fiano di Avellino

FdDGMiP.jpg

Fennel Pollen Dusted Branzino Guanciale, Matsutake Mushrooms, Young Leeks and Confit Fennel, Sangiovese, Veal, Black Currant & Caper Butter Emulsion with 2011 Castello del Rampolla Chianti Classico

DUhxAwZ.jpg

Nebbiolo-braised Grass-fed Beef Short Ribs & Porcini Char-crusted Striploin, Truffle Laced Root Vegetables & Truffle Red Wine Reduction served with Damilano Lecinquevigne Barolo

Em0eCFc.jpg

Rich Chocolate, Fig & Creamy Gorgonzola Creating with Fattoria del Cerro Sangallo Vin Santo di Montepulciano DOC

After our amazing dinner, I got to go back to the laundry room to properly dry @ low heat the items that were still damp even from the 3 hour air dry. We watched some tv (Mindy Project & How To Get Away With Murder) and then went to bed.

Last Minute Changes

We slept in until 8:00AM. We figured we needed some sort of breakfast but we didn’t really want anything they had at the Boardwalk Bakery. As we would be heading to Wide World of Sports, I figured we could finally try out Landscapes of Flavor for breakfast and see Art of Animation some. I forgot how chaotic value breakfasts could be at peak meal time but we were not in a hurry to get to the parks so it didn’t matter too much to us. We each got a smoothie (mango/banana/pineapple for me & tropical for my husband) along with my husband getting a bagel egg sandwich and I got a kid’s bacon/cheese biscuit that also ended up getting us 2 sides of apple slices. The food was good and very filling. We were also able to use our TiW discount for the food here.

We got to Wide World of Sports around 9:15AM and just decided to get in line and people watch. Lucky for us, the registration actually opened early at 9:30AM so we were able to turn in our waivers and get our bibs at the first area before heading to the expo.

CBKkHLG.jpg

We then walked to the expo building to pick up our shirts + gift bag (it only had a tropical punch clif shot in it that my husband stole mine for himself)

We looked at the main race merchandise & didn’t buy anything. We then began searching the expo where I did end up buying a black sparkle skirt which I don’t see on their website with the swirls of the sequins. I also bought a black sparkle sweaty band but only got one as I wasn’t sure it was going to work for me as every other band I’ve used for my hair hasn’t. My husband got a fuel belt for $12.50 as he picked the color that was discontinued which was great. We didn’t buy anything else at that time. We headed back to the hotel, got gas at the gas station as we wouldn’t be driving again until we leave & were back in our room by 10:45AM.

My husband wanted to head to the gym. I had so little motivation - I mean look at these two sessions on the bike for me (I accidently hit stop when I was trying to get the tv to work) & see how little I really wanted to be there. I eventually just went to the sauna and played on my phone as my husband finished a real workout.

MtlEIPQ.jpg
6KLgWrV.jpg

Back at the room, we showered & got dressed. We had cancelled our reservation for Beaches & Cream the night before as we figured we would go to Big River Grille instead but at noon, we decided to look at what was available at EPCOT for lunch. Imagine our surprise when we could get a 12:45PM reservation for Le Cellier! We quickly started walking to EPCOT and checked into Le Cellier right at 12:30PM which is when they apparently open now so after we heard the Canadian National Anthem we were seated at a 4 Top in the middle of the restaurant which didn’t feel like it was on top of any other table!

BuItNqL.jpg
gAHxm1H.jpg

Menu

So we broke one of our rules we had set for ourselves for the day before the race. We both ordered a beer as we love Unibroue. We both got a different flavor.

p763LGP.jpg

We both ordered a salad to start. I wish I would have skipped the salad as it was a waste of money and stomach space. The dressing tasted more like water than something with flavor.

h4NkMpD.jpg

Caesar

For our meals, we each got something small and then split an order of their poutine.

My husband’s small choice was a side of loaded mashed potatoes. He really enjoyed these! There was a fair amount of flavor throughout so they weren’t bland in any way.

LjgZMED.jpg

Loaded Mashed Potatoes - Bacon, White Diamond Cheddar, Chives, Potato Skin Crisp

Originally I had wanted the side dish of the Rock Shrimp Campanelle Pasta but our server stated that there are whole anchovies in there and don’t get it if you don’t like anchovies. Well, I don’t like anchovies so I switched to the Scallop Appetizer. This was a smart choice for me as it wouldn’t be a ton of food.

lIjKCGL.jpg

Seared Scallops - Stone Ground Grits, Tomato Coulis, Ginger Butter, Shoestring Potatoes

But the poutine would turn out to be a ton of food, in fact, too much food. Between the two of us, we didn’t finish this portion and were stuffed to the brim!

Lxp98ky.jpg

Le Cellier Poutine - Canadian Cheddar, Black Truffle, Red Wine Reduction

We skipped on dessert and headed back to the hotel. We relaxed in the room, watched tv, and took a short nap before it was time for MNSSHP.

Score on the Le Ceiler reservation! I never book it but then want it and can't find an ADR last minute.

When is your next 3 day trip?

We are flying in on 11/16, going to MVMCP and then get on the dream the next day. I am trying to plan a January trip, but can't get the time approved officially until next month, so everything is up in the air. We hope to move to FL in a couple of years, but I suppose I am not helping myself by planning these trips instead of getting the house in shape to sell.

Score on the Le Ceiler reservation! I never book it but then want it and can't find an ADR last minute.

When is your next 3 day trip?

We are flying in on 11/16, going to MVMCP and then get on the dream the next day. I am trying to plan a January trip, but can't get the time approved officially until next month, so everything is up in the air. We hope to move to FL in a couple of years, but I suppose I am not helping myself by planning these trips instead of getting the house in shape to sell.

I think we are burnt out on Le Cellier in general so we never pre-plan it anymore but it was a great option for last minute!

My next 3 day trip is 10/30 to 11/2. I then have a wedding to go 12/19 to 12/21 then I'll be back from PHM 2/19 to 2/22. I have the Disneyland trip set for 1/14 to 1/19. Then we are done with WDW until 10/1 to 10/11 as we also have things we have to do around the house next year with upgrades so we can only do so much.

Enjoy your cruise! MVMCP looks like it would be so much fun but I've never gotten a chance to do it.

Why is it I always look at your TR when I'm hungry, and then want to eat everything I see in here?

Did you find the 2012 Terredora di Paolo Fiano di Avellino wine anywhere near you?

Did the sparkle sweat band work for you? You mentioned they don't usually, and I'm the same way.

I haven't tried Le Cellier; I meant to try some of the soup at F&W but with so much else going on I just forgot. :rolleyes2

Why is it I always look at your TR when I'm hungry, and then want to eat everything I see in here?

Did you find the 2012 Terredora di Paolo Fiano di Avellino wine anywhere near you?

Did the sparkle sweat band work for you? You mentioned they don't usually, and I'm the same way.

I haven't tried Le Cellier; I meant to try some of the soup at F&W but with so much else going on I just forgot. :rolleyes2

You probably know you are hungry & I'll have pretty food pictures for you ;)

I actually haven't tried to find that wine yet as since being back, I've been trying to detox my body some of alcohol although I say that & I did totally go to a Stoli Elit Vodka Dinner last Thursday, oh well!

I was planning on talking about my gear choices during my ToT Recap, but yes, I am now a sweaty band convert.

You probably didn't miss much by not getting the soup! It was so hot and humid during the trip - I don't see how my husband could eat that soup in that weather!

Not At All Scary

At 3:20PM, we headed to the bus stop to head to Magic Kingdom. We were dressed up in a lame dress up manner. I had a Boba Fett Her Universe Tank Top & he wore a Boba Fett Shirt. I also work my new Sparkle Skirt to give it a test out before I use it to run in the Rebel Challenge in January.

YjFdtxX.jpg

The bus took forever to show up, like it didn’t show up until after 4:00PM. By that time the crowds waiting to get to Magic Kingdom was ridiculous and people were rather cranky over it. After going to Boardwalk, it still had to visit Swan & Dolphin so the bus ended really overcrowded. Eventually we were on the road and seeing the welcome to Magic Kingdom sign.

9MyF9ob.jpg

We didn’t arrive at Magic Kingdom until almost 4:45PM. This meant we had missed our Seven Dwarves FP+ selection which sucked. We headed to our 2nd FP+ of Big Thunder Mountain.

OWZQsyH.jpg

0Vrjvhu.jpg

We realized after this ride, we were still full from our lunch at Le Cellier & there would be no way for us to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern and enjoy it. On our walk towards Fantasyland, we stopped in at LTT & told them we wouldn’t make the dinner reservation & they cancelled it for us without a penalty. At this point I checked my email & was happy to read this:

yUjnqCX.jpg

This meant we would be able to go ride it now! We used our FP+ and had little wait to go enjoy the ride. It was more enjoyable than the first time we rode it in late May. After the ride, we wanted to get the ghost cupcake and evil wormy slushie from Gaston’s Tavern and it was starting to rain so we headed there only to find out they didn’t have the cupcakes yet as it was still before 7PM. It annoyed us that as we were enjoying our slushie we noticed another guest get the cupcake! Upon looking at it though, we were glad we didn’t get it.

iRGIym0.jpg

Evil Slushie

We then went on Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Space Mountain, People Mover & then Buzz Lightyear, where my husband kicked my booty!

Ftb7fel.jpg

By the time we were done with Buzz, it was officially party start time, so we did Stitch real quick and visited our first candy stop of the evening. After getting the chili cheese dog smell, we wanted ice cream so we got some of the Candy Corn soft serve they were serving in Fantasyland.

lBkNlgD.jpg

As we headed to Adventureland, they were enforcing the wristbands heavily and we had to show them in order to move from Fantasyland to Adventureland. We enjoyed Pirates and while we were in line, I had gotten a text message from another couple that we knew that they were heading our way so we met up with them at the candy station near Pirates where we then headed to Pecos Bills to grab a quick dinner (my husband & I shared a taco salad.) As a group we headed to another candy stop and then Haunted Mansion. It was nice catching up with them but we split ways as they were going to watch the fireworks whereas we were going to enjoy some more rides. We had made plans to meet up at the 10:30PM parade. When we visited one of the candy stops, the skies started heavily pouring instead of the mist it had been doing all evening so we ran to Philharmagic to escape the rain. It was still slightly raining when we were done but we headed to the Candy Stations in Fantasyland & Tomorrowland. At this point, we were both done thanks to the rain. The rain just wasn’t stopping and we were getting tired. I texted our friend that we would not be going to the parade and heading back to the room.

VynKNBQ.jpg

Our Wristbands

BKSoofG.jpg

Candy Haul

I feel MNSSHP is a waste on us. Yes the candy haul was nice but we didn’t really enjoy much of the extras which is our fault as we don’t wait in line for characters. We did miss the parade which we were looking forward but it seems we never get to do the night parades.

Before The Race

We slept in until 8AM. We were slow to get moving but we wanted to take it easy. We eventually got dressed and debated on breakfast. Flying Fish was now serving breakfast but we looked at the menu that was left in the room & decided against it. We figured we could get some food once we reached Downtown Disney. We arrived slightly before 10AM and decided to get breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express as we hadn’t eaten there before. I really wasn’t feeling the menu either but my husband was happy with his options. He ended up finishing off half of my waffle (which was very fresh and fluffy) as I decided to save my stomach room for other options.

hDjs3Za.jpg

Belgian Waffle

7VHUypn.jpg

Omelet

After breakfast, we shopped some making our way to Westside. I ended up buying some bath bombs from Basin and a stuffed Stitch as my old Stitch had seen better days (it was bought in 2006) We made it towards Starbucks on the Westside & I got a Caramel Frap (No Whip, Non-fat) and was happy to enjoy it!

YvYy9bJ.jpg

Starbucks

We did a little more window shopping through Westside but we didn’t really want to buy anything. We got to the Fork & Dine about 60 minutes early and had to sit around around until it was about 30 minutes before show time & could be seated in the theater. I got a latte to drink at the bar to enjoy while we waited. We played on our phones. Eventually it was time to be seated for our movie. We went to the 12:20PM showing of Gone Girl and had lunch at the movie. I had the bistro mac & cheese and Shaun got the Club Sandwich that he had two days before. We also drank water like it was going to run out!

The movie was good. My husband hadn’t read the book so it was interesting seeing his reactions to the various twists.

We headed back to the Marketplace & got on the bus to head back to Boardwalk. As the Boardwalk is the last stop on the DTD loop, we got off at the Swan & walked back to the hotel. There we went to the General Store to pick up makings of dinner. At the store, I ran into one of the operators at work so it was nice to meet her husband.

ifgbJ8x.jpg

The Makings of Dinner

Once back in the room, I went straight to my nap. My husband played on his phone some and eventually took his nap. We slept for the next 2.5 hours before we got up for the main event of Trip #2 - Tower of Terror 10 Miler!

Aw I really wanted one of those candy corn ice creams when we were at MNSSHP! I settled for the candy corn cotton candy (I'm obsessed with cotton candy when I'm on any vacation; not sure why). How was the soft serve!?

That is too perfect that you didn't "really" miss your 7DMT FP+!

I wanted to read Gone Girl, but I don't think I could see the movie. I can't handle any kind of grossness in movies - be it vomit, blood, or anything like that. I can read it, but I can't SEE it. So I've been warned off Gone Girl! It was filmed in the city I grew up next to; that cracked me up, since the city itself is so ... not Hollywood (trying to be nice) ... that I could not imagine stars like Neil Patrick Harris or Ben Affleck being comfortable there!!

Aw I really wanted one of those candy corn ice creams when we were at MNSSHP! I settled for the candy corn cotton candy (I'm obsessed with cotton candy when I'm on any vacation; not sure why). How was the soft serve!?

The ice cream was standard disney soft serve with bits of candy corn in the cake cone. I really enjoyed it but not amazing ice cream. I do love cotton candy when on vacation too but its been a while since I got that.

That is too perfect that you didn't "really" miss your 7DMT FP+!

I'm do happy I didn't either! It worked out really well as there was no way we would wait in a 70 min+ line for a ride.

I wanted to read Gone Girl, but I don't think I could see the movie. I can't handle any kind of grossness in movies - be it vomit, blood, or anything like that. I can read it, but I can't SEE it. So I've been warned off Gone Girl! It was filmed in the city I grew up next to; that cracked me up, since the city itself is so ... not Hollywood (trying to be nice) ... that I could not imagine stars like Neil Patrick Harris or Ben Affleck being comfortable there!!

I love grossness in movies but I also enjoyed HHN last year as well. The more real the better!

It seems more movies are leaving Hollywood as states and cities are offering tax incentives to do so. When I lived in Georgia, a few of the baseball movies shot in the town I lived (The Jackie Robison Movie & Trouble w/ the Curve) I'm sure they might have travelled from another city between shots to stay unless you do have a higher end hotel in town. There are 2 good reasons to see gone girl though with NPH & Ben Affleck mainly a shower scene for Ben and one of the final scenes for NPH but thats just for my amusement.

It seems more movies are leaving Hollywood as states and cities are offering tax incentives to do so. When I lived in Georgia, a few of the baseball movies shot in the town I lived (The Jackie Robison Movie & Trouble w/ the Curve) I'm sure they might have travelled from another city between shots to stay unless you do have a higher end hotel in town. There are 2 good reasons to see gone girl though with NPH & Ben Affleck mainly a shower scene for Ben and one of the final scenes for NPH but thats just for my amusement.

That's what cracked me up. Cape is in the middle of NOWHERE; there was no place for them to go. St. Louis and Memphis are the closest cities; they are both hours away, and neither of them ritzy themselves. I heard they had to take a completely abandoned hotel and make it over so the stars had somewhere appropriate to stay. :laughing:

Maybe I'll read the book and then decide if I can watch the movie! ;)

That's what cracked me up. Cape is in the middle of NOWHERE; there was no place for them to go. St. Louis and Memphis are the closest cities; they are both hours away, and neither of them ritzy themselves. I heard they had to take a completely abandoned hotel and make it over so the stars had somewhere appropriate to stay. :laughing:

Maybe I'll read the book and then decide if I can watch the movie! ;)

I wouldn't be shocked if they had to redo an abandoned hotel if its really that middle of nowhere.

Read the book! There are a few twists that make it a very enjoyable read.

Running

Note: I’m going to forewarn the two readers I do have, the pictures from the start of the race until the end of the race absolutely suck but its the middle of the night & I’m using my iPhone so I guess that is to be expected.

We woke up from our nap around 6:45PM & got ready for the race. This involved getting on gear on along with having a turkey & cheese bagel sandwich. I got annoyed as I realized I didn’t have my iphone arm band so it looked like I would be carrying my phone for most of the race - or well, in my sport bra as it was in a Otter Box case.

d5ZdRVB.jpg
In4yX4X.jpg

We were aiming at trying to get onto one of the later buses to head to the race as we knew it was going to be a lot of waiting around until 9:15/9:30PM. We ended up on the 7:45PM bus to have a very short drive across the way. Once we arrived, we went to the port-o-potty before the lines got horrible and sat on the asphalt for the next hour or so until we were reminded by the DJ to make our way to our corrals. We spent our time watching the crowds & people watching before a race is a very amusing experience but the guy wearing only compression shorts & no shirt did not need to walk that close to my face. A few groups had nice themes going & lots of Tweedle Pairs abound! One lady even had an umbrella & stuffed crocodile she was carrying for the whole run - I could see losing that very quickly if I was running with that. The DJ made the announcement & I said goodby to my husband as we went towards our corrals.

TDJ5vui.jpg
8e6Qk8x.jpg

Once I got to my corral, I ended up running into a person I’ve known for years through the internet (about 7 years) who was also in my corral so we spent the next 45 minutes chatting as we waited and eventually started walking to the start line (which was a .6 mile walk)

3DMPZuy.jpg

Eventually it was 10:00PM & the first corral was off. As each corral went off (except Corral D for some reason) fireworks went off and the energy was really strong throughout the crowd.

ZkHx8Wr.jpg

8TvwWqD.jpg

HdQJnI8.jpg

After that photo, it was time for my corral to go off! There was a lot of people as the crowd went off but once we got up the first on ramp to Osceola Parkway and make our way towards Animal Kingdom. I started off strong, probably too strong as after Mile 1, I was dead weight as I couldn’t breathe (I was at the beginning stages of a cold that would kick my butt the week back home and had to have paper towels in my gear) Not being able to breathe through my nose makes running suck so I ended up walking more than I would have liked.

s8KQDGo.jpg

Horrible Jafar Picture

x3egMYN.jpg

Mile 3 Marker

Tower or Terror 10 Miler: Dis_Yoda at the 5k split in 52:50.
Pace 17:01 min/Mile.
Estimated Finish Time: 2:50:02.

Slower than I’ve been in a while but I was able to keep finishing!

E3jljcd.jpg

Queen of Hearts

CKrRZnf.jpg

Entering Haunted Trails

NCBJP7v.jpg

Mile 5 Marker

RYoVglc.jpg

Wide World of Sports

8DIewzY.jpg

Stitch @ Mile 6

Tower or Terror 10 Miler: Dis_Yoda at the 10k Split in 1:47:26.
Pace 17:18 min/Mile.
Estimated Finish Time: 2:52:54

I was slowing down a lot by now.

WXMeAgm.jpg

Big Bad Wolf

hEBhh9l.jpg

Ghosts

This is around the time I got a text from my husband stating he was done and I told him where I was at.

tlf0G7W.jpg

Mile 8

ta6PzdE.jpg

Entrance to Hollywood Studios

Around here is when I was getting mad at the encouraging people who started saying only 1 mile left. Well that happened about .5 miles prior to we hit the Mile 9 marker. I mentally was done and just wanted the race to done with but I was going to finish!

4DAQTgv.jpg

Mile 9

rq1SAAj.jpg

Disco Through The Shops

Tower or Terror 10 Miler:
Dis_Yoda at the Finish in 2:56:23.
Pace 17:39 min/Mile.

I finished ahead of the balloon ladies but they did finish right behind me as I got through the finish line. I didn’t finish as strong as I had trained for but I finished so I am proud enough of that. 10 Miles is the longest I have ever gone and I didn’t get swept.

The line after the end when you get your food box, powerades, water then metal and then the long walk to the bag check area where I was meeting my husband. I was sore at this point and slowly getting to the end where my husband was sitting and waiting for me. He had already gotten the bag.

DstidJ1.jpg

Metals at the End

bRBvS7e.png

Final Results

As you can see, my husband did awesome! I’m so proud of him.

I ended up buying the ToT 10 Miler $80 Champion Jacket as I was freezing cold despite the sweat. We headed to the changing tents but realized there was 0 privacy so we headed to a restroom to change. I have never been so happy to get into sweat pants and a tank top and my UA flip flops. We were going to ride Toy Story Mania but the wait was 45 minutes & we had no desire to do that. The other lines looked just as bad so the Villain Bash was a bust for us. I bought a box of popcorn and we headed out of the park slowly. My husband didn’t want to deal with the buses and we walked back to Boardwalk for some crazy reason. My body was screaming at me but that popcorn we ate while we walked was probably the best tasting popcorn I’ve ever had.

Once back in the room, I got out the bagels and made a cheese sandwich which also was the best tasting cheese sandwich I’ve ever had. Painfully, we each took a bath to clean off the dried sweat and relax down from the run. Around 4AM we finally went to bed but I freaked out while trying to sleep as I kept having hot and cold flashes. I had to pull the clean towels and make additional blankets for me in order to get to sleep.

We learned a lot from this first race on what works and doesn't work for us. The sweaty band worked really well for me! Not having my arm band sucked though. My husband liked the gear belt he found and didn't find it to annoy him. Hopefully, this will make Star Wars Rebel Challenge go better as we train more.

Haha, I love that you "forewarned your two readers"! I know how that feeling! Sometimes the frustrating thing is watching your views go up, so you know a bunch of people are reading but not commenting. I always wish someone would SAY something!

Anyway, I was definitely waiting for this post as I wanted to do the 10 miler but had a few setback this year. That really sucks about forgetting your iphone arm band; I can NOT handle carrying something during running at ALL. I would have had to have left the phone in the room; I couldn't have done it.

I love the medal! I hope you display it proudly!!

I think it's awesome you finished. That would be me, super happy to finish no matter what. It just shows the hard work you truly put into it. Congrats!

I've still been reading along! I just got swamped with real life and never got to comment. Good job on finishing the race. That's much better than I could do! I need to get off my butt and start doing something. Just not running.

I hope the DL run works out better for you.

I'm also one of those readers who hasn't posted. :rotfl:

See? You had more readers than you thought. Wonderful job on finishing the race and congratulations on your longest distance ever!! I'd love to do this race sometime although I think I read somewhere that they won't be doing it in 2015. I hope that's temporary.

So, again, congrats and I am here and reading. :goodvibes

Love your trip report and food pictures! I was there too in Corral D I was bummed the fireworks didn't go off for us. It was my first runDisney race and it was a blast, doing the Star Wars Half in Jan, can't wait.

Haha, I love that you "forewarned your two readers"! I know how that feeling! Sometimes the frustrating thing is watching your views go up, so you know a bunch of people are reading but not commenting. I always wish someone would SAY something!

Anyway, I was definitely waiting for this post as I wanted to do the 10 miler but had a few setback this year. That really sucks about forgetting your iphone arm band; I can NOT handle carrying something during running at ALL. I would have had to have left the phone in the room; I couldn't have done it.

I love the medal! I hope you display it proudly!!

I think it's awesome you finished. That would be me, super happy to finish no matter what. It just shows the hard work you truly put into it. Congrats!

I figured you might feel the same way from the comment in your Trip Report ;) It does feel sometimes like I'm talking to myself.

If I was running by myself, I would have left the phone in the room but there would have been no way to coordinate with my husband if I didn't have my phone. My phone spent most of the time in my sports bar though and it didn't end up annoying me too much, but there is a great photo of me on MarathonFoto walking through Lights! Motors! Action! texting my husband on my phone. :rotfl2:

The medal is displayed on my cubical wall at work next to the 2013 Haunted Trails 5K & the Rebel Challenge Training Plan.

I'm super glad I finished as well - it only took 2 days for my body to fully recover which isn't that bad as 24 to 48 hours should be the maximum you feel sore after hard core exercise.

I've still been reading along! I just got swamped with real life and never got to comment. Good job on finishing the race. That's much better than I could do! I need to get off my butt and start doing something. Just not running.

I hope the DL run works out better for you.

I totally understand the real life commitments! You've been busy traveling. I've been busy surviving work. I don't enjoy running anywhere as close as people on this board do but its the best motivator to keep me working out. Losing Weight just doesn't cut it for me.

I hope the DL run works out well too! I'm excited we finally get a Disneyland trip (bought Airfare on Tuesday!) as I want to try Trader Sam's. I am sad to find out World of Color is going to be dark while we are there but there at least will be enough other things to keep us entertained.

I'm also one of those readers who hasn't posted. :rotfl:

See? You had more readers than you thought. Wonderful job on finishing the race and congratulations on your longest distance ever!! I'd love to do this race sometime although I think I read somewhere that they won't be doing it in 2015. I hope that's temporary.

So, again, congrats and I am here and reading. :goodvibes

I do have more readers than I thought! Thanks for posting! I'm sad they aren't doing this race next year but hopefully that means there is going to be some major construction in Hollywood Studios as the park really needs it. IIRC, they had a couple year gap between the original 13K Tower of Terror had and the current 10 Miler. Maybe it will come back as a Half?

Hope you do well during your races on Marathon Weekend!

Love your trip report and food pictures! I was there too in Corral D I was bummed the fireworks didn't go off for us. It was my first runDisney race and it was a blast, doing the Star Wars Half in Jan, can't wait.

I was wondering what happened to Corral D. Maybe someone didn't set up your Fireworks right so they couldn't go off?

Glad you had such a blast as well! The energy at Disney races is amazing.

Glad you are also doing the Star Wars Half! I think the crowd there will be even more energizing than ToT as I know a few people have been looking forward to a Star Wars race for years! My husband & I are doing the Rebel Challenge & are in the midst of training for that. At least this weekend the plan is only 4 miles.

Going Home

I’m not quite sure what we were thinking but my husband had convinced me to set the alarm for 7:30AM so we could be on the road home by 8:00AM. We were very stiff when we woke up yet somehow got on comfy lazy clothes and hobbled out of the room bringing our stuff to the car. We luckily had gotten gas the day before on our way back from Wide World of Sports so we headed straight to the highway. Luckily we had all our candy we didn’t eat from MNSSHP to eat on our drive home for a very healthy breakfast ;)

9JIr2Tx.jpg

wwdFKs4.jpg

The good thing about leaving that early was we were able to get the dogs at the morning pick up time between 10AM and 12PM so we saved $52! Once home, we did very little as we were sore besides watching tv on the DVR. We did manage to get our luggage put away at least.

Trip #2 - Itinerary Comparison

Sept 30th
4:00PM - Leave Work & Drop Off Dogs
...left work at 3:30 & got on road by 3:45.
7:30PM - Arrive @ Boardwalk Villas & Check In
...right on time to plan!
8:15PM - bluezoo
...yes unfortunately

Oct 1st
9:00AM - EPCOT Opens
...FP+ set for Soarin, Mission:SPACE & Spaceship Earth
...Did Starbucks, Soarin, Figment, Festival Center, World of Coke, Shopping
...11AM began Round 3 of booths
11:35AM - Coral Reef (Debating on keeping this or not, depends on how much of the booths we get through in September)
...nope
2:00PM - Head back to Boardwalk
5:00PM - Head back to EPCOT
...headed back to EPCOT at 6:00PM
...finished passport
...got completion stamp
5:50PM - Teppan Edo
...Drinks around the World Showcase
...cancelled dinner - did 7:45PM at Tutto Italia instead
8:30PM - Head back to Boardwalk for the night prior to Illuminations
...close to plan

Oct 2nd
7:00AM - Wake Up
7:15AM - Complete 40 Minute Run Per Plan
...Only did 30 minutes thanks to time limit
8:00AM - Breakfast @ Boardwalk Bakery
...no breakfast
9:00AM - Hollywood Studios Opens
...FP+ Selections for TSM, Star Tours, ToT
...did RnRC standby, breakfast at Starring Rolls, Great Movie Ride, Muppets, Oaken’s, TSM, Animation, Tune in Lounge, Star Tours
12:05PM - Brown Derby
1:00PM - Head back to resort
...relax in pool/spa
...did some super exciting laundry
6:00PM - Flying Fish Signature Wine Dinner

Oct 3rd
...breakfast at Landscapes of Flavor at AoA
9:00AM - Drive to Wide World of Spots
...yup
10:00AM - ToT Expo
...Got into Expo early around 9:30AM
12:30PM - Beaches & Cream Lunch
...Cancelled & did Le Cellier Last Minute Instead
3:00PM - Head to Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP
...Left closer to 4 & didn’t get to the park until almost 5
...FP+ for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain
5:20PM - Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner
...Cancelled
11:30PM - Head back to Boardwalk Villas
...headed back more around 10:30PM

Oct 4th
9:30AM - Wake Up (we’ll probably wake up earlier than that)
10:30AM - Head to Downtown Disney
...headed more like 9:20AM
11:30AM - Wolfgang Puck Cafe
...cancelled
...did Fork & Dine for Gone Girl at 12:20

1:00PM - Back to Boardwalk
...took nap starting at 4PM
4:00PM - Dinner Somewhere
...at 7PM had a bagel, turkey, cheese in room
8:00PM - Head to ToT
10:00PM - ToT 10 Miler

Oct 5th
12:30AM - Finish ToT 10 Miler (hopefully)
...enjoy Villain Bash (not really much)
3:00AM - Back to Resort
...about the time we hobbled back
11:00AM - Check Out of Boardwalk & head home
...woke up at 7:30AM and somehow were on the road by 8AM but I wasn’t the one driving home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter