• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Non-dairy milks on the Magic?

fredandkell

I'd rather be cruising
Please comment about the availability of non-dairy milks (if any) on the Magic, whether it be by the glass in the restaurants, or if you have to be creative and get it from somewhere like Cove Cafe (do they offer things like coconut, soy, almond, etc. milk in the lattes there?). Thanks for your help!

They have non-dairy milks in both Cove Cafe (for lattes or tea) and Cabanas. It is not always on display at Cabanas, so you might need to request it, but they usually store it at the cereal/yogourt/fruits station. In the MDR, just ask your server and he’ll provide it. You can also mention your request to your head waiter. That’s the kind of things they are there for.

I recommend having your reservation noted for the dietary request -- especially if needing something specific. That way DCL has an idea how much to stock. If 100 guests decide they like to use almond milk, but DCL was only aware of 10 guests, there won't be enough to last the full cruise. For those with an allergy or medical need, that could create a problem.

Enjoy your cruise!

When we cruised last November they offered my daughter (milk allergy) soy milk or almond milk. We made the notation in our reservation. As the PP stated, by noting it in the reservation it helps DCL know that x number of people are requesting the non dairy milk, and allows them to ensure enough is brought on board. At Cabanas we went to the CM at the yogurt/cereal station to get a glass. In the main dining room our server brought her a glass each night. They were willing to give us a glass to go so that we could have some for the morning when she woke up. They did not have almond milk available on embarkation day at lunch--they were getting more on with the food and they hadn't unloaded it yet, but it was available by dinner.

Great question! For those who replied that it's better to let them know ahead of time, can you please tell me how to do this? When I looked up dining stuff, I found only 4 options, none of which really fit me. Is there a place to write down other issues?

Please comment about the availability of non-dairy milks (if any) on the Magic, whether it be by the glass in the restaurants, or if you have to be creative and get it from somewhere like Cove Cafe (do they offer things like coconut, soy, almond, etc. milk in the lattes there?). Thanks for your help!
Sorry I didn't get a better picture with names showing, but this was in Cabanas on our EBTA last year:
alternate milks magic 2016 P1090774 1500.jpg

There's at least rice milk and it looks like Lactaid. Not sure what the others are....

We noted lactose intolerance for my husband. I think there was a way in the profile to specify dietary things on-line...
Our server knew and offered him rice cream. He said it tasted of postage stamps, but he ate it almost every night. :-)

Wow! I had no idea they offered Lactaid Milk, that's what we use at home. My granddaughter and I have dairy intolerance, but its not really an allergy, we take lactose pills and that controls the issue.
Good to know its an option, she likes cereal in the morning.

On another thread I have the full names... if only I can find it

That would be fantastic! I personally prefer Almond to Soy, but want whatever I drink to be unsweetened. I'm hoping there will be something on board that will work for me. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter