Non Disney wedding on property?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy00

Lover of all things Poly
Ok, I get that this forum is about Disney weddings, but doesn't anyone have a wedding ceremony on property that is not officialy thru the Disney machine? I realize that Disney does not condone this, but it still must go on.

I'll do it on the POTC ride if I have to, but I'd rather sneak in a ceremony at my resort. Let me also say that everyone who would come to my ceremony are family members and are also guests of the same resort -- even the officiant will be a family member, so it's not like we'll draw any more attention than we would on any other day if we are all together, which we will be at times. There are a total of 6 adults and 6 kids. We are also a very casual group and there will not be official wedding attire - just casual beach clothes.

I just feel that as I am already in this trip for over $13,000, there is no way I'm forking over another 4-10,000 for the honor of an overpriced ceremony. I'd much rather keep it on the down low and spend that money on next year's Disney trip!! I don't need the theming, I don't want all that attention directed at me - I just want to be married at my favorite place!

So - will anyone fess up that they are planning this type of forbidden ceremony?

Ok, I get that this forum is about Disney weddings, but doesn't anyone have a wedding ceremony on property that is not officialy thru the Disney machine? I realize that Disney does not condone this, but it still must go on.

I'll do it on the POTC ride if I have to, but I'd rather sneak in a ceremony at my resort. Let me also say that everyone who would come to my ceremony are family members and are also guests of the same resort -- even the officiant will be a family member, so it's not like we'll draw any more attention than we would on any other day if we are all together, which we will be at times. There are a total of 6 adults and 6 kids. We are also a very casual group and there will not be official wedding attire - just casual beach clothes.

I just feel that as I am already in this trip for over $13,000, there is no way I'm forking over another 4-10,000 for the honor of an overpriced ceremony. I'd much rather keep it on the down low and spend that money on next year's Disney trip!! I don't need the theming, I don't want all that attention directed at me - I just want to be married at my favorite place!

So - will anyone fess up that they are planning this type of forbidden ceremony?

Nope. To each their own, but to me it's not worth the risk of getting caught. I would feel so humiliated & also I don't think being sneaky to save a buck is starting marriage off on the right foot-seems like bad karma.

Also, you don't need to spend $4,000 on a ceremony in order to get married on WDW property. Look into a Swan/Dolphin ceremony for half that price (or less!). They even have a beach location for the ceremony. Shades of Green is supposed to be much cheaper as well.

I'll bet you could trim the costs of your $13,000 trip & build in a budget for a legal ceremony on property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter