• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Non-Pandora EMH at Animal Kingdom?

Nettester

Mouseketeer
We are planning a family spring break trip, and we have fast passes to Navi River Journey at 10:15 on one of our Animal Kingdom days, which is an early EMH day. We love to get to the parks at rope drop and enjoy the quietest time before the crowds. However, the initial rope drop stampede has been too stressful for one of my 2 daughters in the past (Soarin) and I think the herd rush for FOP would be way too much for her. We have FOP fast passes for another day later in the week, so we will get a chance to ride it later. My question is, what other rides are open early during EMH in Animal Kingdom, are there any? And what should we head to if we want to avoid the Pandora rope drop race?

All the main rides are open - Safari, EE, Dino, Tough to be a Bug, Primeval Whirl, Triceratops Spin, as well as the trails. So you have plenty of choices! We usually do Safari first before line builds, and usually have a FP to do it again later since no two are the same. You could then do the trail, and catch the first Lion King show. If kids like EE, it is a good time to ride, then often jump right back in line to ride again.

We go the opposite direction. Safari (or get a FP). Expedition Everest (at least 4 times). Primeval whirl. Dinosaur. Boneyard Playground. Explore the animal trails.

This is now the best time to visit the rest of the park, because so many people head to Pandora. I think everything but Kali is open. Stand back a little from the gates to let the Pandora crowd head in as that will help you avoid stress for your daughter.

Yes, the rush shouldn't impact you at all with everyone mostly going to Avatar which is on the opposite end of everything else. You should be able to ride every other ride multiple times without any waits. It should be great for your party, especially if you have a lot of EE fans in the group.

It's always good to have a contrarian strategy. The rest of the park should be deserted for the first few hours. Maybe you should do the safari first, that does have long lines later in the day. I've never done it during EMH, though; does anyone know if you see a lot of animals that early?

P.S.: O.P., if you've never done FOP before, I would recommend trying to get more fast passes for it. It's an amazing experience.

It's always good to have a contrarian strategy. The rest of the park should be deserted for the first few hours. Maybe you should do the safari first, that does have long lines later in the day. I've never done it during EMH, though; does anyone know if you see a lot of animals that early?

I have enjoyed the safari early, some of the animals are very active in the morning.

We got there at RD, so the hordes had already booked it to Pandora. Lines for everything else were still short for a while.
So if EMH starts at 8 AM, I would get there about 7:50, and probably the Pandora masses will already be in the park and you can take a leisurely stroll to whatever else you want to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter