Non-park eating question!

Ducky4Disney

-->Place Tag HERE!
I hear about all these neat things happening outside the parks. Can you give me descriptions? Like what goes on at The GF, something about afternoon tea? And how is the Hoop? or Mickey's BBQ?

What/where are some of the best out-of-park eating experiences?

Thanks!
D4D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We've never done the BBQ or the Tea, but the Hoop and the Luau are great..........The Hoop is a blast.....I'd recommend either or both.................Both are all you care to eat and the food is made to be "part of the show"...............You can't lose with either one of them.............great fun.

Also, alot of the restaurants at the resorts are great........If you don't want to go into a park, there are restaurants at all the resorts that are excellent..........too many to list.........

Good luck with your choices.......:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Our faves:

* At Downtown Disney: Wolfgang Puck's, or Fulton's, are a great change of pace.

* In the hotels: we love Jiko, Boma, and the character meals at 1900 Park Fare :p

* Shows: Hoop is DUH BEST! :jester: We've been twice. Fun show, filling food. The Poly Luau is pretty good, but I haven't seen the newest incarnation. We didn't love the food when we were there.

We really liked HDD when we went. This year I am taking MIL to the GF Tea. I am excited about it. :)

Fun things -

Bob Jackson at the River Roost Lounge at POR is a lot of fun for the whole family. A great entertainer!! Believe he is there Wednesday thru Saturday, 8:30PM. Another vote here for the HDDR as a fantastic evening for the whole family.

Bob

We like Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL for the fun and hijinks and Beaches and Cream at BS for old style hamburger and ice cream diner feel. For late evening, check out the free campfire and movie at FW around 9PM. Chip and Dale show up and you can purchase smore kits (and other food) to make over the fire.

Afternoon tea at the GF was excellent. My choice had finger sandwiches, scones with jam,and clotted cream, strawberries and whipped cream. The Earl Grey tea was delicious. I reccommend it.

Whispering Canyon is a must. Lots of fun for the kids. My kids still try to make the napkin ears....

We love Rainforest Cafe in DTD, Ohana's at the Poly, House of Blues at DTD, Chef Mickeys, 1900 PF at the GF (nice dinner) and Jungle Jims in Lake Buena Vista across from the Hilton (DTD Area).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter