Non park restaurants

Deb

DIS Veteran
Looking for suggestions, if you had no park access and wanted to avoid the signature restaurants, where would you have dinner?

We're having dinner at 'Ohana then taking the ferry to Grand Floridian for a romantic walk back along the Seven Seas Lagoon to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the Polynesian Resort. Unless security protocols have changed you can still do all that without a park ticket.

Disney springs ( homecomin')

There are a ton of good ones at the springs or resorts. What are you looking for? Character? Cuisine?

Two adults, no children. Both been to WDW before, just won't have park access this time

Resort or Disney Springs? Quick service or table service? Will you have a car?

My suggestions include Captain Cook's at the Poly, Sanaa at AKL-Kidani or Boma at AKL-Jambo, Olivia's at Old Key West, Il Mulino at the Swan, D-Luxe Burger or Homecomin' at Disney Springs

Sanaa (Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani)
Beaches and Cream (Beach Club)
T-Rex (Disney Springs)
Crew's Cup Lounge (Yacht Club)
Ohana (Polynesian)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge)
Hoop Dee Doo Revue dinner show (Fort Wilderness) - this one costs as much as a signature, but is a must-do

Somewhere on the Boardwalk for me, you can explore (if you wish to) 5 different resorts, the boardwalk area and if the time is right watch the Epcot fireworks. We love it around there.

Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge has a view of the savannah were you can "watch gazelles, zebras, giraffes, kudu, ostriches, cranes and more as you dine." There is also an overlook where I read you can use their night vision optics to watch the animals even after dark. Like the Polynesian I recommended earlier the restaurant is not within a park, but at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village so you don't need a park ticket. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-villas-kidani/sanaa/

Resort or Disney Springs? Quick service or table service? Will you have a car?

My suggestions include Captain Cook's at the Poly, Sanaa at AKL-Kidani or Boma at AKL-Jambo, Olivia's at Old Key West, Il Mulino at the Swan, D-Luxe Burger or Homecomin' at Disney Springs
1) open to either
2) open to either
3) yes

Raglan Road - Disney Springs
Cape May Cafe - Beach Club (love their crab legs on the buffet)
Sanaa - Animal Kingdom Kidani - MUST get their bread service OMG

Defiantly Disney Springs. Can't go wrong with just about anything there.
Sanna or Boma at AKL
Kona in Poly
Boardwalk area
Trails End.
Since you will have a car, anything at the Crossroads near DS. Sweet Tomatoes or Kobe Japanese steak house are super yum!

Raglan Road, for sure. Such a fun and delicious dinner.

Others: California Grill, Il Mulino, went to Grand Floridian Cafe years ago and it was delicious but I haven't been in a while.

Places I haven't been to but would love to go without kids - Yachtsmen, Nacrossee's, Artist's Point, The Boathouse, Citricos, Bluezoo

One of the restaurants at the Dolphin then maybe visit the resorts on the BW. You can park at Dolphin for $20.

Raglan Road, for sure. Such a fun and delicious dinner.

Others: California Grill, Il Mulino, went to Grand Floridian Cafe years ago and it was delicious but I haven't been in a while.

Places I haven't been to but would love to go without kids - Yachtsmen, Nacrossee's, Artist's Point, The Boathouse, Citricos, Bluezoo

Not too helpful as OP said they wanted to avoid Signature. CA Grille - Signature. Il Mulino Signature prices, Yachtsmen, Narcoossee's, Artist Point, The Boathouse and Citrico's all Signature.
OP I would try Homecomin' or Raglan Road at DS, The Wave at the Contemporary gets great review, GF Cafe is well liked. We liked Cape May Cafe Dinner buffet Clam Bake.
Good Luck.

If you want a relaxing evening, I've heard good things about Geyser Point at WL. I love Territory Lounge at WL too.

Sanaa for lunch, so that you can see the animals, or Boma dinner would be my top choices.

Beaches and Cream followed by walking around the boardwalk.

If it is the evening and you want to see fireworks, you could eat at Kona Cafe and then watch the fireworks from the Poly beach. You could also sit outside on the Trader Sam's patio and order apps from there, or get food from Capt. Cook's and sit on the patio and get some drinks from Trader Sam's.

You could also go to POR to see Yehaa Bob, and just grab CS food, or eat at Boatwrights (personally I would eat CS and order drinks in the lounge and watch Bob).

Go to Disney Springs and hit up Splitsville. Fun place! And the menu is huge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter