Norm and I are finally back and need to tell you somethings

Status
Not open for further replies.

snelsonbrown

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo
Hello there,
Norm and I got back about an hour ago and things were kinda hectic going to Key West since there is a lot of construction going on in the keys. As it stands at the moment, most of the hotels in Key West are going to be turned into condos which has just about all the locals pretty upside down.

Second all the kino's request were filled and I will get them out this week. All the envelopes that I received were filled and mailed out Sunday or Monday - anyhow a total of only 47 went out this time, but you should be receiving them this week - also some of you sent me such a small envelope, I tried to send you as much as I could that would help you while you are preparing for your "what to do while in KW" day.

Most important and I do want Mary to close this thread after I finish posting. The young family that received the basket in error was not at fault.
I did not do the manifest that day and unfortunalty 2 numbers were transposed. I was not notified until Thursday and I spent quite sometime trying to do something for this family. Was I out of my mind OH YES and lost sleep over it. The manifest is checked a number of times and missed not only by me, but DCL as well so if anyone is to fault, it is me since I own the company and responsible for the good and the bad. I do intent to speak to the family that ordered the baskets since I called the phone number I had and left a message right after I found out what happened. DCL did what they could for this family and I gave a credit right there and then. I was not going to make this family endure anymore disappointment. Unfortunalty mistakes do happen and each of us know that it does happen. I am just so sorry when a child is disappointed but again everything that could be done to make it right, was tried. As I said I didn't know until 5 days later and I left Saturday so I couldn't even be around to call this family since I had to get to Key West.
This board is family and this family knows and understands all of us - we are with each other through the good and through the bad. We forgive each other and we celebrate with each other. Let us never forsake that.
I always try to make up for my errors and most of all perfect I am not and will step up to the plate to apologize when I am in the wrong.
This will still bothers me until I can speak to the family and all I can do is apologize again for something that I could have had some control over.
Mistakes don't happen that often, but when it does, believe me it is more upsetting to me than the customer and I will say DCL goes go well beyond the call of duty of these occasions. It isn't of what I feel folks will think of me, but what the family must have felt like and their feelings is what is most important to me. Let us never forsake that we are family OK?

Thanks for your love, your suport, your kindness and even when you have a different view of any issue even against me, its ok for this is your right as an American and I respect your feelings and their is no hardship feelings from me.

Anyhow getting on to better things, Norman and I had a real day of REAL fishing and caught a lot of fish and of course we were thrilled - we followed beside the Magic for a short period when she was coming into port in Key West which was something different. I didn't get to go to Mallory Square when she docked but I did meet some cruisers on Duval Street and had fun talking with them and shared some of the Key West coupons with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter