North Carolina DVC'rs

theostwalts

DIS Veteran
After seeing several posts about DVC members from other states, I was wondering how many DIS DVC members we have. While I must admit I am a "soon to be" DVC member (just have to decide on the initial point purchase), I would like to know who else here is from the Tarheel State.

I will be the first to check in........

Statesville, North Carolina!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

There are quite a few of us; in fact, there was a similar thread not too long ago. But it's always good to meet new neighbors! :grouphug:

Howdy fellow Tarheel!:wave:

Hey fellow Tarheel(though I am a Wolfpack fan by nature);)

I was born and bred here in the Old North State. Love living here, though I wish it were a bit closer to our other home, VWL.

BTW, today I was driving through the Wendys parking lot here in Burlington at lunch, and low and behold, I got beside a lady in a gold Saturn van with a DVC member sticker on her back glass. Well, in our little town, that aint something you see very often, another DVC member. So as I was passing by her, I was close enough to see she had on a lime green shirt. I thought, how cool would that be, she not only was a DVCer, she might be a DISer too!

So if that fits any descriptions, please identify yourself. Me and my DW and kids always like meeting other folks who have the Disney disease as bad as us, though we arent looking for a cure, just something to ease the symptoms:thumbsup2

I'll get back to you in August. Right now, we are in exile in Orlando (a 1-year job assignment).

I'm here in Greensboro.

I was born in Goldsboro, NC and then moved around the country while my Dad was in the USAF. I met a NC man in college at Auburn (War Eagle!) and moved to back to NC. I've been here since 1986. We now have 4 kids.

Loving life here in NC ~~ live about 25 minutes outside of Charlotte (Union County).

We live in Rhode Island and have lived here our entire lives but are seriously considering moving to North Carolina in 2 years. Being that we are also DVC'ers hopefully in 2 years we will be able to officially join this thread.

I actually live in upstate SC, but only about 10 miles from the SC/NC border. I didn't see any "SC DVCers list" so I figured I join in on this one :)

I'm a Gamecock, but with my Dad being a Wolfpack man I went to many of their FB games as a kid, so I consider myself a mixed-breed. I have a lot of relatives in NC so I tend to tell people I'm from the Carolinas in general.

I'm about as North Carolina bred as you can get. Born in Raleigh, spent 1st 10 years in Wilmington, 2nd 10 years in Greenville and other than a couple of years living in Winston-Salem and Raleigh, we've lived in Cary for the rest of the time. Even though we have a Cary address, we identify with Apex more. DW is a native of Apex and thats where most of our friends live plus we go to Church in Apex (same Church DW and I were married in over 35 years ago). I retired last year after spending 30 years working for the state.

We live in Clemmons, NC. Grew up in Winston-Salem. Glad to be a DVC owner.:banana:

Anyone from NC going Thanksgiving week???

Apex here....One of the few true natives left in the state...

Well hello neighbor. What part of Apex do you live in? We live off Cary Parkway near the Rex Wellness Center. Are you from Apex? Like I said, even though we carry a Cary address, we really think of Apex as home. Our son lives in downtown Apex, a block back from Apex UMC (which we attend). My wife grew up in a house about a block from the church also. Her mother was librarian at Apex HS (well Apex school when it was in it's old building) for many years.

reporting in from Cary....

My wife and I moved here from New York and are very happy to live in such a beautiful state. We are expecting a baby in August. We will bring our future young one to stay at the AKV in Feb '08. Can't wait.

Soon to be owner in Greensboro.

Tim expects to be home from Kuwait sometime in Aug/Sept/Oct (seriously that is the timeframe:rotfl: ) and he already asked how soon we'll be buying once his feet are state side :rotfl2: he knows me well....

Did a NC meet ever happen? April went by in such a haze I don't remember seeing anything about it...

Michelle

We're NC DVC'ers as well (Burlington, NC).:wave:

BTW, today I was driving through the Wendys parking lot here in Burlington at lunch, and low and behold, I got beside a lady in a gold Saturn van with a DVC member sticker on her back glass. Well, in our little town, that aint something you see very often, another DVC member. So as I was passing by her, I was close enough to see she had on a lime green shirt. I thought, how cool would that be, she not only was a DVCer, she might be a DISer too!

So if that fits any descriptions, please identify yourself. Me and my DW and kids always like meeting other folks who have the Disney disease as bad as us, though we arent looking for a cure, just something to ease the symptoms:thumbsup2

Hi, Nope wasn't me but if you see a white Odyssey (in need of a wash) with stickers of 3 kids w/ MM ears on the rear window, that's me. I do know of two other DVC families in town.

NC DVC'ers from Oxford, NC. We are one of the border counties to VA- out in the middle of nowhere. But I am okay with that. Lived up North for most of my life. Been here 10 years - my children do not know any different. 14 days and a wake up and we will be at the Happiest Place on Earth! :woohoo: It is good to hear from all the NC DVC'ers. Figured I would eventually run in to someone in the Raleigh area who was.

Apex here....One of the few true natives left in the state...

That's great to hear. I have a friend who grew up in Cherokee. Which tribe are you from (I think the state officially recognizes seven tribes -- but I realize there may be more that do not have official status)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter