North To Alaska--May 3, 2011 on the Disney Wonder

to all,

Vikki and had a great time with everyone we meet. Seeing all those lanyards everywhere made us realize we had a huge group. Too bad we did not see any celebrities while we were on board but I guess they need a vacation too. Well I guess there is just one thing to to..... start counting down to our next Disney cruise. Keep in touch and happy sailing:thumbsup2

Holly and I just got back today, we took a few extra days to drive down from Vancouver along the Pacific Coast. We had a wonderful time on the cruise, getting all the FE gifts, the Palo brunch on the last day.

We say Ducky several times, wished we would have seen Elizibeth but we did get to see the video folks from filming a couple of times (and get to watch a fun blooper scene in action).

We got an upgrade at the Port from an Ocean View (Cat 9) on Deck 2 to an Ocean View on Deck 7 (Cat 9) for $70.

Here is a shot we took from Treasure Island when the Wonder was docked in SF.
web.jpg

Now waiting for our Halloween Cruise this year and the Fantasy MV in 2012.

We too are home and it is back to reality today as I return to the office. I miss seeing everyone onboard and I am now suffering from Post Cruise Withdrawal. It is a good thing we have a trip to WDW planned for September and 2 cruises booked for 2012 (MV Fantasy and Hawaii) to keep me occupied.

We had a great time onboard despite a few hiccups with excursions and know that another Alaskan cruise is in our future.

Thanks to everyone for your FE gifts and for the door magnets that magically appeared on our door.

Lastly, thanks to both our old and new cruise friends for making this another unforgettable cruise. I can't wait to scrapbook our trip and we can't wait to sail with you all again in the future.

Anybody else not heard back yet on onboard booking cards you turned in?

They indicated due to so many booking requests that we would be notified later when they were processed. I turned in a card saying to BOOK two placeholder cruises and use the credit card on file, but nothing has been processed yet. My sister turned in one the same day (but several hours earlier) and she got notification debarkation morning that hers had been processed.

I won't panic if some of you say yours haven't been processed yet...otherwise, who do I call???? (Checked my visa and no charges have been processed yet.)

:confused3

We booked a dummy date cruise during the Alaskan leg of our cruise and got our confirmation in our fish on the last sea day. We actually talked to Russell (onboard booking CM) one night instead of filling out the card because there was no line at the booking desk and I know that Russell said he had a lot of requests to process when we taked to him. He said he actually had to change the dummy cruise date because so many people were booking a dummy date to get the OB discount and OBC. We also got a telephone message in our stateroom from Russell telling us he had some computer problems. I would try to contact DCL and explain to them that you never heard back from Russell and see what happens.

I too had a great time and can't believe the amazing weather we had!!!

Thanks for all the FE gifts. So many fun things!

Does anyone have any plans for the napkin set we received as a gift? I'm trying to figure out what to do with ours.

Does anyone have any plans for the napkin set we received as a gift? I'm trying to figure out what to do with ours.

I have no idea what to do with ours either. I might find a way to frame it some how. I don't really want to put them out on our table or actually use them and I'd hate to just put them away in a drawer somewhere.:confused3

Does anyone have any plans for the napkin set we received as a gift? I'm trying to figure out what to do with ours.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably going to frame the route map that I bought with the napkins...1 per side. Will have to see if I can get it to look ok.

Does anyone have any plans for the napkin set we received as a gift? I'm trying to figure out what to do with ours.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably going to frame the route map that I bought with the napkins...1 per side. Will have to see if I can get it to look ok.

I'd love to see a pic when you get it done.

I thought about framing them too. That seems like the best option.

I am framing the embroidered characters from ours in a large display I'm making with all the pins from teh ports, the napkins, the ducky litho and some pictures.

Can you share a picture of this when you're done? I would love to see what others are thinking of.

BTW - loved the blog & so glad I got to meet you!

Remember that loud annoying helicopter we had when cruising Tracey Arms and crew on board taping??? We saw part of the video they shot tonight. It turns out they were taping for the local NBC station here in Seattle...it's a 4 day series with a chance to win a Disney Alaska cruise LOL. This first night was all the pictures of the ship in Tracy Arms and some shots on deck of everyone looking at scenery. We spent the whole time on our veranda in the aft, so know we weren't in there. Kind of fun to see it all over again.

Remember that loud annoying helicopter we had when cruising Tracey Arms and crew on board taping??? We saw part of the video they shot tonight. It turns out they were taping for the local NBC station here in Seattle...it's a 4 day series with a chance to win a Disney Alaska cruise LOL. This first night was all the pictures of the ship in Tracy Arms and some shots on deck of everyone looking at scenery. We spent the whole time on our veranda in the aft, so know we weren't in there. Kind of fun to see it all over again.

They also used that footage for a Cruise Critic series. Do you have the name (or link) to the local station video?

We are planning to frame them, probably something simple with just the napkins, we have already done a shadow box with the small route map and the pins, and the Ducky print is being framed.

Weather here is also dreary, cloudy and rain. I am thinking that we will miss spring all together - it will just one day be summer (hot).

Have a great day cruisers!

We are planning to frame them, probably something simple with just the napkins, we have already done a shadow box with the small route map and the pins, and the Ducky print is being framed.

Weather here is also dreary, cloudy and rain. I am thinking that we will miss spring all together - it will just one day be summer (hot).

Have a great day cruisers!

We have fallen back into winter apparently. It was 90 right after we got back and now it is 60 and by the end of the week it should be back up to 80. We go straight from winter into summer here, no spring to ease into it anymore.

thanks for posting this Judy - we were wondering where that footage would be shown. So wonderful to relive our days in Alaska! Look for a care package coming your way :)

Melissa

Hi Melissa :wave2:

It was really great seeing you and your family again...who would have thought when we went on the Wild Africa Trek in WDW in January that we would find out that that we were going on the same DCL cruise to Alaska....Mom and I hope we cruise together again someday soon....take care

Anybody else not heard back yet on onboard booking cards you turned in?

They indicated due to so many booking requests that we would be notified later when they were processed. I turned in a card saying to BOOK two placeholder cruises and use the credit card on file, but nothing has been processed yet. My sister turned in one the same day (but several hours earlier) and she got notification debarkation morning that hers had been processed.

I won't panic if some of you say yours haven't been processed yet...otherwise, who do I call???? (Checked my visa and no charges have been processed yet.)

:confused3

We booked a dummy date cruise during the Alaskan leg of our cruise and got our confirmation in our fish on the last sea day. We actually talked to Russell (onboard booking CM) one night instead of filling out the card because there was no line at the booking desk and I know that Russell said he had a lot of requests to process when we taked to him. He said he actually had to change the dummy cruise date because so many people were booking a dummy date to get the OB discount and OBC. We also got a telephone message in our stateroom from Russell telling us he had some computer problems. I would try to contact DCL and explain to them that you never heard back from Russell and see what happens.

Same thing happened to us. I called and talked to Russell on the phone one day and he said that the system was down but that it would definitely get processed. We're off the boat now without a confirmation and without being charged. I called DCL to explain and they said they would definitely make sure it gets processed and honored. They said they had a backlog because there was so many who booked onboard. I told them there was 500 platinums onboard and they were shocked. I checked my cruises on DCline/castawayclub and it's not listed there yet and my card has still not been charged. I'll keep checking everyday.

Jackie, call DCL and explain. Make sure they have your info to input when they catch up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter