Northern Sights and Mickey's MAGICal Delights-1st Baltic Cruise-June 12,2010-Pt 2

Hi Everyone!

Boy do I wish I were still on vacation!!!

It has been a very difficult week. As you may have seen terrorists attacked Kampala on Sunday night, striking public gatherings during the World Cup final. 76 people died, including one American. Hundreds are hurt, but we'll never know the true number. It's so sad that cowards would attack innocent people. Particularly this country, which has seen so much sadness and desperation over the decades. Horrible, heartless, cowards! I don't care what your political or religious persuasion is, there is absolutely NO excuse to intentionally slaughter innocent, unarmed civilians.

We are all fine, but it was 36 hours before I finally got some sleep. We heard the blasts at the house. They woke Caitie up, but we got her back to bed before the phones started ringing with the news of what had happened. Things have started to calm down now, but the respite will be brief since the AU Summit will start here next week.

Silver lining: I now pop up on google when you search my name! Over 4000 hits in News! I've never spoken to so many journalists in one day in my life!!!

Anyway, it was so nice to meet all of you and thanks so much for your well wishes. I hope we will meet again where dreams come true. Send some pixiedust down here, we need it.

Joann

Joann, so glad all of you are ok!
I know it will be awhile, but when you do make it to the Grand Californian give me a heads up and I'll try to get over there. Its just under 6 hours from my house.
Trying to think of something to take your mind off of things for a minute!

Hi Everyone!

It has been a very difficult week. As you may have seen terrorists attacked Kampala on Sunday night, striking public gatherings during the World Cup final. 76 people died, including one American. Hundreds are hurt, but we'll never know the true number. It's so sad that cowards would attack innocent people. Particularly this country, which has seen so much sadness and desperation over the decades. Horrible, heartless, cowards! I don't care what your political or religious persuasion is, there is absolutely NO excuse to intentionally slaughter innocent, unarmed civilians.

We are all fine, but it was 36 hours before I finally got some sleep. We heard the blasts at the house. They woke Caitie up, but we got her back to bed before the phones started ringing with the news of what had happened. Things have started to calm down now, but the respite will be brief since the AU Summit will start here next week.

Silver lining: I now pop up on google when you search my name! Over 4000 hits in News! I've never spoken to so many journalists in one day in my life!!!

Anyway, it was so nice to meet all of you and thanks so much for your well wishes. I hope we will meet again where dreams come true. Send some pixiedust down here, we need it.

Joann

Hi Everyone!

Joann

So Glad to hear this news, I was thinking about you guys when I heard the news.

Hi Everyone!

Joann

OMG! I am so out of the loop. I didn't even know. How terrible. I'm so glad you guys are physcially okay although there must be some kind of mental toll that takes on you. It was nice meeting you too and seeing your beautiful cross stitching!

Marianne:flower3:

I am glad to hear you are all ok. As soon as I heard Uganda I thought about you and your family.

Glad you were able to take your vacation before this! You will need another one soon.

Debbie

Hi Everyone!

Joann

Joann,

As soon as I saw this my heart sank to my stomach and I thought of Y'all and started checking the thread to see if you would post.

Thanks for letting us all know you and the family are all ok.

Stay safe,
Bill, Laura and Katie

Joann, glad to hear you are all OK. Nice to meet you on the cruise.

Best Wishes
The Fuges (from Australia)

Joanne, Thanks for posting and letting us all know that you and your family are OK - although we did have some of the news from Rita, it is better to hear it in person!

Have a great day all!

Hi Everyone!

Joann

Hi Joann,
I am glad that you and your family are fine...that must of been really scary when the explosion happened. My thoughts and prayers are with all of vicitims of the attack. Be safe. Sarah asked about Catie and is glad that she is okay.
Carol

Just wanted to add my "thanks that you are fine" to all the other wishes! Glad to hear all are well!

Wonderful piece that you wrote. It is so very true. We can only hope that some semblance of "normal" life returns. But we know that will take a long time to happen.

Again, glad to know that you all are safe. Good luck with your upcoming week!

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter