• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Northerners...have you had snow yet?

We are currently getting our first snow...just a few inches and will be gone by tomorrow. But I am not happy that it has arrived before Halloween. Anyone else get snow already?

Here in northern Minnesota, we got our first measurable snowfall (3inches) about 2 weeks ago!!!!
It was a surprise, because we usually get measurable snow around Thanksgiving!
It's way too early for this, especially since it will be around until April.....:scared:
We always took our WDW vacations in March, or end of February. But this year, not until masks are gone and CM's are back with full experiences again.

Here in northern Minnesota, we got our first measurable snowfall (3inches) about 2 weeks ago!!!!
It was a surprise, because we usually get measurable snow around Thanksgiving!
It's way too early for this, especially since it will be around until April.....:scared:
We always took our WDW vacations in March, or end of February. But this year, not until masks are gone and CM's are back with full experiences again.

I am in Massachusetts and while we have had snow before Halloween before, this year it just feels way too early here also. .😁.
I wonder if this means the winter will be snowier? Seem to remember that when we get it early like this, we usually have a snowy winter.

UP of Michigan has already had a bunch. We have flurries in our forecast for Sunday.

Last Halloween we had winter storm warnings out.......worst Halloween I have ever remembered weather wise! :cold:

Last edited:

Not north enough. Saw some flakes a few weeks ago which where my girls are was light flurries. Nothing stuck. It's typical not to see snow until after Thanksgiving. Most wish every year for snow Thanksgiving weekend for the first day of buck on Monday.

Sadly yes, MN has had the record snowiest October ever LOL, so that says something. The Halloween blizzard had 2/3 of it's total on Nov 1st, so that is how we beat the record. We have also had record low temps and record low high temps too. What a lovely October.

North of Boston and it's more than the couple of inches that was forecasted. If this is the last snowfall for a long time, I'll be fine with that that.

No... YAY!! I live just north of Bangor, ME and we have NOT had snow yet! (shhhh... I may have cursed us!) My family/longtime friends are mostly on Boston's North Shore or in southern Maine (aka NorthBoston) and they all had snow but we didn't! Fine by me, I can wait.
And we lost power for a week a few years ago during those late October storms. NOT a happy camper that year!

While channel surfing I noted a report about snow in Jersey. Looked like an inch or two on the cars and well I hope they keep it to themselves, LOL.

Sadly yes, MN has had the record snowiest October ever LOL, so that says something. The Halloween blizzard had 2/3 of it's total on Nov 1st, so that is how we beat the record. We have also had record low temps and record low high temps too. What a lovely October.
One of the greatest weeks of my life. Twins win the series, then school is closed for 3 days after the blizzard with a huge bag of halloween candy. By 7pm that halloween night everyone was just dumping their candy into the bags of any kid out trick or treating. First time I ever remember seeing people cross country ski down the streets of Minneapolis.

I'm now in Eastern WI, haflway between Green Bay and Milwaukee. We had an inch or so a week ago that survived on the grass for a day, but melted on contact with the pavement.

One of the greatest weeks of my life. Twins win the series, then school is closed for 3 days after the blizzard with a huge bag of halloween candy. By 7pm that halloween night everyone was just dumping their candy into the bags of any kid out trick or treating. First time I ever remember seeing people cross country ski down the streets of Minneapolis.

I'm now in Eastern WI, haflway between Green Bay and Milwaukee. We had an inch or so a week ago that survived on the grass for a day, but melted on contact with the pavement.
we watched people drag sleds out of our development and then come back in with milk and other essentials on them.

We are very far north. Seattle is closer to the North Pole than the north tip of Maine. No snow here yet at 500' elevation. Plenty of snow above 4000' though.

Southern Ontario here - we had a tiny bit yesterday (it stuck to the car enough to have to brush it off, but the roads, sidewalks and grass were clear). It was cold this morning though - -8C. I had to scrape off the car!

Southern Colorado-we had our first measureable snowfall the first weekend in September. Got 6ish inches Sunday into Monday this week. its warmed back up into the 60s now though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter