Not really satisfied!

Even though latest checkout time for the guests is 11 a.m., housekeeping has to start much earlier in order to get the rooms ready for the incoming guests. Unfortunately this can make them fairly aggressive about getting into rooms early.

It is a good idea to use the do not disturb sign and the deadbolt and chain. If these are ignored, by all means notify the front desk.

As for the supervisor that barged in right after your arrival, sounds like it was an honest mistake and she apologized and explained the situation. I'd be glad she was checking the room.

bodygaurd, On our check out day the same thing happened. Here is the address I wrote but they were for other issues

WDW.guest.communications@Disney.com

I hope this helps you, I just wrote them today so I am hoping to at least hear from them. I did not wrtite looking for anything free, but I figure all the input they get can help even improve some of the things that happen. Good luck with writing them.

Actually I would be thrilled a housekeeping supervisor was double checking my room to make sure it was ok. Obviously she made a mistake and didn't think anyone was in the room because the deadbolt wasn't on. Same thing happened to me at Old Key West. The Housekeeping Manager knocked on the door to see if everything was ok since we checked in earlier than anticipated.

And like other posters said if these problems didn't bother you enough to complain while you were actually there then why bother writing after the fact?

When I wrote my letter I wasn't looking for anything free, I was wanting them to rectify the situation I had experienced so that it wouldn't happen in the future. The fact that the Poly Excutive Houskeeper comped me a room was a pleasant surprise.

If being barged in on isn't a problem for many of you great. However, if it is for body guard then he should write a letter of complaint. While I am glad that this supervisor was during her job, it seems to me that she could have check with front desk to see if the person had checked out before entering the room. Plus, from the stories I have heard about the housekeeping from those that work at WDW, she may not have been checking the room at all.

jeannej

I am speaking for myself only, but when I am on vacation I don't want to spend my valuable vacation time tracking down supervisors, unless it is a VERY serious complaint. I have only had complaints twice in my 17 trips to WDW and a letter was written after the trip was complete and the issues were resolved to my satisfaction. I do feel the original poster has a legitimate complaint about housekeeping. Housekeepers should not be entering a room until enough time has laspe for the knock to be acknowleged. And in my case they didn't even knock at all!

I have never had this happen to me, as I stay at Sports and USE the Do not Disturb, and Dead Bolt locks! My last stay, a few weeks ago, my DH DID NOT want the room cleaned, and I left the Do not disturb sign out 24 hours, 4 days. They left a bag with extra towels and soaps for the next 3 days, and I had express Checkout!;)

I had already forgotten, but we did have housekeeping knocking on our door by 9 at the Contemporary and as early as 8:15 at the AKL. We learned in each hotel to put on the do not disturb sign if we were sleeping in. I was a little bit shocked by the 8:15 knock! Many others were using their Do Not Disturb door hangers too.

While I am glad that this supervisor was during her job, it seems to me that she could have check with front desk to see if the person had checked out before entering the room.

Part of the problem at WDW is express checkout. If you use it, you don't go to the front desk to checkout, you just leave when you're ready. So housekeeping can't check with the front desk to know if you're gone.

I was upset at OKW in May. We didn't have a "do not disturb" sign, so I wrote it on a slip of paper and hung it on the door with tape. About 9:00 the housekeeper was knocking. I pointed to the sign and told her we would be leaving at 11:00. At 11:00 when we left she was standing right outside the door! Very anxious! :rolleyes: Other times at both OKW & Boardwalk we've had mysterious "hang ups" on checkout morning.

I would say that these are things that I wouldn't necessarily be very concerned about. If you are going to write a letter, you may want to suggest improvements that could be made instead of the standard complaint letter. I think the letters that offer solutions are most appreciated than just those that sound like they out for "freebies".

I would've been surprised and happy to know that the housekeeping supervisors actually check the rooms. You've solved your own problem for next time -- *deadbolt*! Thank goodness it was a housekeeping supervisor and not a criminal coming in your room.

On the night before check-out, I usually call the front desk to put a hold on my phone or take it off the hook. I also put the do not disturb sign on the door. That problem is now solved.

And as far as reservations, always call back to double check/verify the reservation. Human beings make mistakes. Sorry this happened to you, but these things happen.

These things would not keep me from staying at CSR again. It is a beautiful resort with an otherwise outstanding cast.

I would write the letter, though. I would write a constructive letter explaining how you felt about the disruption in the morning of check-out and suggesting a solution that would have worked for you, but the situation with the housekeeping supervisor, well, she was just doing her job. They quite often can't hear what is going on inside the room from out in the hallway, especially the exterior corridors. Deadbolt!

I dont really have an opinion on what is or isnt important enough to write a complaint letter, but I was surprised at the people who feel that the housekeeping coming in without knocking first or acting as if you arent even there when your sitting there half naked "is standard at large hotels". Im not a nitpicker, but that kind of stuff does irk me. I agree that sometimes its an honest mistake and I have no problem with that. My problem is when the housekeeper realizes that your in the room and they still barge in and act like your not even there. Thats rediculous and shouldnt be considered a "standard problem". I dont know if I would write about it, but I wouldnt just blow off a housekeeper that was totally out of line and rude.

whoa.....just checked out that studio.go site that someone posted.....

Disneyworld.com knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. Click here to review our privacy policy.

then they go on to say.....

Notice: By submitting comments and suggestions you waive all rights to them and make them available for unrestricted commercial use. Click here for legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site. Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.

are the two mutually exclusive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter