Not really satisfied!

bodyguard

Earning My Ears
I'm a fan of Disney and I've always had good experiences until my recent stay at the CSR. I was there on June 15th and sent an e-mail about my displeasure in a nice way on June 16th to 'admin@wdw4me.com'. As of yet I haven't even gotten a reply to show that someone cared to read it. Any thoughts?

Gosh, Bodyguard, I don't know if that's the right addy to email them or not, I've never done it. It seems you'd have heard from them by now if it was. Maybe someone knows a better addy. What in the world happened anyway?

Hi,
Well everything was fine until I got to my room. About 20 minutes after I got relaxed the housekeeping supervisor walked gave that little cursory knock then opened my door and looked into my room. I'm not a prude but luckily I was only half undressed. She said she hadn't had a chance to check the room befor I checked in.
Next I reserved a seat a one of the shows through the front desk of the hotel only to get there and find out that that reservation had been made for the next day. Again I was lucky to get seated.
Last but not least, the maid wakes me up at 8:30am asking me if I was checking out when check-out was not until 11:00. But the cleaning staff made so much noise, no-one could have slept late anyway (I'm not exaggerating).
What do you think? Am I making a mountain out of a molehill?

I can understand your frustration, but I think that stuff is sort of common in hotels as large as Disney's. It's happened to us a few times, but I try to put myself in their place......they are under enromous pressure to make sure the rooms are cleaned by a certain time. I guess if I were a "mousekeeper", just trying to do my job, I would hope that no one got mad if I knocked just to see if they were still in the room.

When I stayed at OKW, they had a different approach......they call your room on the day of checkout. We got our call around 9:00 am and we weren't nearly ready to leave. I just blew it off because they're just trying to spruce the room up for the next guest.

Knocking on the door is one thing. Entering the room is something else. And waking you up (at the door 2 1/2 hrs before check out) before you're ready is rude. At the prices you pay to stay there would you want to be rushed?

When I was very unhappy with my family's experience at the Poly; I didn't email my complaint. I amiled a letter directly to the resort to the attention of the Executive Housekeeper. Not only did I recieve a response, we were comp a free night. Sometimes it pays to use a stamp. :D

jeannej

Ummm, yeah, I think those things would've ticked me off too, but not "letter writing ticked off" just "snide comment at the front desk ticked off." But that's me...you do what you think you should do.

I've never made use of the "Do Not Disturb" sign much, but I think I will now!:eek:

I always use the Do Not Disturb sign on check out day, even if I leave the room for a little bit, because I don't want them cleaning it before I am gone for good. I've had this happen a few times at other hotels (with the room still full of my stuff!). It doesn't make sense, because then they have to reclean it!

But I have to say I've also read here that sometimes Mousekeeping ignored the signs on checkout day :(

And also use that dead bolt lock too! A housekeeper walked in on me WITHOUT KNOCKING at All Star Movies. I was very undressed. You'd think upon seeing me she would of apologized and just left but no she proceeded to open the door wide and came in to get our phone directory. Apparently it was the day the resort was putting new phone books in the rooms and collecting all the old ones. Was I ever embarrassed.

I also learned to put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door each night before we went to bed. We like to sleep in and not rush in the morning.

About letter writing....last summernI sent a letter registered mail to the manager of AKL (I forgot his name now). He was the only one that was suppose to sign for the letter. I never heard a word from him or anyone at the resort. I did go to the post office about a month later and they were able to pull up who signed for the letter....and it was not the person to whom the letter was addressed.

I never did hear from anyone at AKL. We stayed at the Poly this summer and probably will from now on.

No, that definitely would not have ticked me off, especially enough to write a letter. Mountain out of a molehill? Well, yeah... IMHO. These things are pretty common in hotels inside and outside of Disney, so always remember to put the Do Not Disturb sign out. Then if that happens, you have a right to complain. As for the housekeeping supervisor knocking and walking in, I am sure that was an honest mistake, and embarrassing for her, as well. She probably won't do that again anytime soon. At least she was being responsible enough to come and check the room to see that everything was in order. The mistake with the ressies could have been with the front desk, or the people on the other end of the phone... so since you at least got seated, I wouldn't give it another thought.

Letter writing should be saved for REALLY catastrophic things, not inconveniences. As I said before...it's only my opinion.

I don't think the housekeepers there get too embarrassed. When we were at CSR in June the maid came around 2 or 3. We had been gone all morning and had just come back to the hotel for about an hour and wouldn't you know that is when she shows up. I told her we would be leaving in about 20 minutes. Well do you know what she did? She stood outside our window looking in. I guess she thought she could get us to move faster. I just closed the curtain. I really thought it was just too funny. ;)

You sent your complaint to an unofficial web site. Same as if you sent your complaint to the webmaster here. You have not expressed yourself to Disney.

I would go to the official Disney site and find where to send an e-mail.

I agree with the others, putting the deadbolt on every time you are in your hotel room is good practice. Not just to keep out housekeeping but as a general safety precaution. I don't think your complaints are anything that doesn't happen at most hotels. However, if you want to let Disney know how you felt, you should feel free to do so.

The official site is www.disneyworld.com

Bodyguard,
It does sound like you had some frustrations and irritations and if you feel the need the need to vent you should. However, it sounds as if the things that happened fall into the category of things that normally might in happen every vacation or two. I've read some truly nightmarish reports. at times, on this board.

These don't seem like big problems to me, but, if they are to you, then that's all that counts.

With Disney, however, I have found that they respond quickly and efficiently when you complain about something you are unhappy with when it happens.

I think they have a mindset that, if something happened and you didn't care enough to complain about it at the time, but rather, wait until you get home and send an email, well...How bad could it be?

If I am unhappy with something at Disney, I'm not too shy to mention it right away. After all, they're not too shy to ask for those room rates.

I think that calling the room (or even stopping in) and asking if you're checking out is common practice in most major hotels. I travel occasionally for work, and have, on several occasions, had to extend my stay by and extra night at the very last minute, and the housekeeping staff isn't always aware of that. This way, they know that I'll be back to the room, and that I simply didn't leave without taking my stuff!

I always use the deadbolt when I'm in the room (force of habit, as a woman who frequently travels alone I'm safety conscious), and I use the "Do Not Disturb" sign, too, because housekeeping has to start early to get all the room cleaned so that guests don't complain, and this way they know that they can come back later to mine!

Beth

We've never had that happen - as far as the maid coming and waking us up or a supervisor. We try to remember to put the Do Not Disturb Sign on the door every night so we can sleep in IF we want to. We've stayed at CSR twice. But, the last time was 3 years ago and I've been hearing more and more negative reviews on the resort. We've stayed since at Contemporary, YC and BC. Those deluxe resort experiences were, understandably, "better" than CSR but CSR has always been my favorite moderate.

I don't think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. It sounds like a bad experience to me. You're right to notify someone.

PamNC

You're welcome bodygaurd. Sometime in the midst of a situation something might not seem like a big deal or in my case I just wanted my room service food to arrive so I could feed my very tired and cranky children (who were kindergarten and preschool age at the time) It arrive an hour late and cold and I was just too darn whipped to complain. But, I did in a letter and the Poly did something for me.

The only other complaint I have ever had was CS not extending us late checkout on our last stay. They were not full by any means and I just didn't see any reason why it couldn't be done.
(Had my mother, who works at Port Orleans call to see if there were new conventions etc. Front desk just didn't want to be bothered.) Let that one go. Sometimes , one can't always have one's way. :Pinkbounc

jeannej

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter