Not sure where to post this....

jamsmom

<font color=deeppink>Really isn't mean at all!<br>
I may take my niece to WDW this summer. She will be 14 at that time. What will I need as far as documentation that she can be with me? (plane and resort and parks)

Thanks!

I am not sure about travel within the USA, but when we travelled with a co-worker and her 3 children she got a notarized note from her husband (and father of the children) to say that he knows that his wife is taking the children for two weeks to Disney World. You may want to get in writing from them that you have permission to take her to a hospital, just in case. You may want to just pop into a Travel Agent in your area and ask them just to be on the safe side.
Twinz

I have travelled alone with my litlte sister (6) several times. I usually just take a nortorized letter from my parents authorizing me to seek medical care if necessary.

If it made you feel better, you could just ask them to include a line the allows her to travel with you, though I don't think that it would be necessary.

I was a ticket agent for an airlines until Feb of this year, and you don't need I.D. for her. You should get notarized permission to seek medical treatment, but the airlines doesn't need this. The only time you need notarized permission to travel with a child is when you're going international, and that's to protect against parents abducting their kids and going to another country. If the child has a passport they don't need the parental permission. The bottom line is that anyone under 18 is not required to show I.D. unless traveling out of the U.S.

I took by 9 year old niece to WDW last August. I took a note from her parents giving me authority to approve medical treatment if necessary (it also included her health insurance information). She has a passport, so we took that along just in case (she had traveled with her parents the week before our trip and they were given conflicting info regarding minor's ID by the airlines). Some airline employees said everyone must have ID, others said minors didn't need ID.

On our way to WDW, no one at the airport asked for her ID, but in Orlando, when we checked in (at curbside), she was sitting in the car when I handed the skycap our ticket info, my ID and told him I was travelling with a minor....he said "you have the same last name, right?", I told him no, and offered him her passport and had no problem (I don't know if we would have been slowed down if I hadn't had ID for her or not).

I don't think that minors need ID, but if she has ID, it may help you get past a misinformed airline employee quicker (without having to wait for them to call a supervisor and find out they were wrong).

No ID was needed for her a WDW. Have a great trip......my niece keeps offering to go back to WDW with me any time I want.

I took by 9 year old niece to WDW last August. I took a note from her parents giving me authority to approve medical treatment if necessary (it also included her health insurance information). She has a passport, so we took that along just in case (she had traveled with her parents the week before our trip and they were given conflicting info regarding minor's ID by the airlines). Some airline employees said everyone must have ID, others said minors didn't need ID.

On our way to WDW, no one at the airport asked for her ID, but in Orlando, when we checked in (at curbside), she was sitting in the car when I handed the skycap our ticket info, my ID and told him I was travelling with a minor....he said "you have the same last name, right?", I told him no, and offered him her passport and had no problem (I don't know if we would have been slowed down if I hadn't had ID for her or not).

I don't think that minors need ID, but if she has ID, it may help you get past a misinformed airline employee quicker (without having to wait for them to call a supervisor and find out they were wrong).

No ID was needed for her a WDW. Have a great trip......my niece keeps offering to go back to WDW with me any time I want.

Hi, jamsmom! I posted a reply to this on your other thread with the same question.

Good luck as you work on plans with your niece! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter