• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NOTHING tastes as good as SKINNY feels... Motivators welcome!!!!!

momof2minnies

DIS Veteran
Hi my name is Linda and I have been here before training for the Disney marathon weekends in the past few years.
Time to keep a journal again to stay accountable.A place to write down my weight and pace times for running.
Well the title says it all but I have to say with the heat here recently ice cream sure tastes good!!!!!

6 weeks ago or so I read books by Tosca Reno, clean eating, I went from 174 down to 162.8 at this time. I have tons of energy and feel so much better,no more swelling or puffiness and stopped snoring for a bit-allergies have me now though.

Starting running again too- first run was 3.1 miles in 38:18, now running 4 miles in 42 ish-not sure of exact time, because of heat just trying to get the miles in.Pace was like 10:28 or so.

Linda

Yesterday ran 4 miles in 43:28, it was horrible-the heat was intense at 0830- no air and huge amt of pollen.

Wt was 162.6. Not so good eating yesterday-back on it today.

Tried on my old shorts and hooray they fit-could not get them on a few weeks ago.

Next... the bathing suit-UGH!!!!!

Linda

Keep it up! I was a fast food addict thanks to a low food budget in college. The more you say "no" to bad foods, the less you crave them later on. I've never done drugs but I imagine this is what addicts go through to some degree! Of course, rewarding yourself every once in a while is okay, but just remember ice cream is not a food group ;-)

Keep up the good work!

Today ran 6 miles in 1:04:01, a 10:40 pace-weather was nice,no wind,partly cloudy-what a difference w/o heat.

Wt=162.2 Now time to tear apart the family room and do windows, I think the pollen may be over-yahoo!

Eating going well-steak tonight w veggies.

Linda

OK guess I'm talking to myself-not like it was here years ago. Thanks WDW in Pearls!!!!

Ran 4 Saturday in 41:15 then ran 4 today in 41:10-hoping for less than 41 right now-I was moving but must of slowed and not really realized it.

Wt=161,feeling great and motivated.Eating going well except that ice cream cone last night-oh well its summer.

13 lbs gone!

Linda

Congrats on all the running. That is something that I can't do with 2 bad ankles and 2 bad knees.

Thanks for visiting my journal

Linda I am here to cheer you on! I did go check out the clean-eating website. Very interesting!

How many days per week do you plan on running?

Kim

Hi Kim,
Thanks for stopping by-I run about 4x/week, not the same every week-well especially with the monsoons we have had here lately.

Worked today and again tomorrow-there is no exercise those days- work is enough.

Many compliments about the lost weight-it feels good to feel good!!!

Linda

Thanks again Kim!!!!!!

Yesterday ran 4 miles in 40:54,a 10:13 pace-getting better.Was cloudy and 56 degrees,nice run.Took Kaya for a walk.

Weight 161.

Worked 11-7 last night,just got up,maybe a walk later.

Linda

Ran 4 miles yesterday in 40:40,a 10:10 pace.Getting there I guess- best song to finish Pitbull's -I know you want me!!!!!!!!! All out at the end.

Wt=160.That's 14 lbs in about 8 weeks.

Linda

Just finished 6 miles in 1:02:51, a 10:28 pace. My best was 6 miles in 57:00 a couple years ago,oh well just glad to be out there.

It was 60 degrees and sunny, just perfect out there.

Wt today=159.8, getting there-going to WDW Sept 4th,would like to lose 10 more so I have 5 to put back on in Disney. Not healthy thinking I know but it is reality for me.

Made all the ADRs we wanted. Just hubby and me.

Linda

What a gorgeous day!!!!!!! Climbed Skinner Mtn today for the first time-it was awesome,what a workout.

Thanks BFF!!!!!!!!

Linda

Still hear cheering you on! I had to Google Skinner Mountain. It looks so beautiful! What an awesome way to get your exercise in.

Kim

Well I have not run since Monday in Maine-ran down route 1 to Ogunquit beach-doesn't get better than that.That was 4 miles,not my fastest but not my usual routine either- no breakfast before. I have a sinus infection I think w a massive headache right now.

It has been brutally humid here and I can't stand to run in that. I will try today and see how it goes-cloudy so a little better.

Kim thanks again for following.

Linda

Ok so ran 4 miles today in the thick humidity, 1/2 way through started to pour, felt good but my time was awful- oh well kept moving and that felt good. 43:50-ugh!

Wt=159.6

Linda

This humidity is killing me-ran last on Tues before work, went in at 10. I can't stand to run in the heat and it is in the 70s at 0700-ugh!

Need to maintain wt at least.

Linda

Well keeping track myself and trying to stay motivated in this heat and humidity is tough.

Ran 4 miles yesterday, it was 84 at 0800, I have never walked during a run except when I first started and I had to yesterday to be safe-thought I would die.

Down 17 lbs as of yesterday.

Back on track with clean eating . Ice cream this time of year is a killer.

Linda

Ran my 2nd best 4 miles yesterday in 40:50, the weather was nice-humidity gone but coming back.

Still down 16-17 lbs. Feel great.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter