November 11, 2006 - MAGIC - Special Western "Double Dip" Cruise 11/11/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kris, glad to hear all ended up okay. Hope you are recovering well. :cloud9:

We're not sure what to do for our next cruise. Not truly all that interested in doing the DCL Mexico thing again. The ports weren't all that great the first time around. WOuld love to do the repo, but kids are in school during both trips and not at good times to have them miss school. DH said I could go by myself, but I'm thinking he was just kidding.

We re-booked on board, but don't know when we'll move it to. :confused3

Kris, glad to hear all ended up okay. Hope you are recovering well. :cloud9:

We're not sure what to do for our next cruise. Not truly all that interested in doing the DCL Mexico thing again. The ports weren't all that great the first time around. WOuld love to do the repo, but kids are in school during both trips and not at good times to have them miss school. DH said I could go by myself, but I'm thinking he was just kidding.

We re-booked on board, but don't know when we'll move it to. :confused3

Jeff and I are looking ahead. It looks like it'll be the whole crew for this fall and then we're looking at just him and I for the next one...whether that is Fall 08 or Spring 09 (wow...that sounds soooo far away). Don't shoot me but I've also been comparing DCL to other lines to see about maybe him and I doing something totally different.

How far out do they let you move the ressies? You never know...maybe we'll end up together on a "no kids" trip????

That would be pushing the trip out quite a ways for us. In order for us to take a "no kids" trip Jake would have to be old enough to watch his brothers while we are gone (and the dude is only 13 now). We don't have any grandparents that could watch the kids, and we'd like for our friends to stay our friends so I wouldn't ask any of them to take on 3 kids for a week. :rotfl:

Happy Belated Birthday Peg:bday: party: I hope you had a wonderful day!!
Devin what a crazy Christmas Eve. I have to agree it really sounds like a Chevy Chase moment!!
I hope everyone is well. I cannot wait to book our next cruise. We are most likely going tpo go in Nov 08.

HEY GIRLFRIEND!
Well, after I crunch numbers this weekend and talk to DCL next week and have to pass on the repo...I'll be looking at a 7 day EASTERN for November (must be AFTER the elections though). Hmmmm, better go look at the DCL site as I think they are only doing one eastern a month.....better look at December too.

That would be pushing the trip out quite a ways for us. In order for us to take a "no kids" trip Jake would have to be old enough to watch his brothers while we are gone (and the dude is only 13 now). We don't have any grandparents that could watch the kids, and we'd like for our friends to stay our friends so I wouldn't ask any of them to take on 3 kids for a week. :rotfl:

Well then...we'll just have to make sure we keep in contact so we can keep each other up on our plans....kids or not....never know - one of us may come up with some great plans at a great price the other won't be able to pass up!!!

Peg
We really miss you too!!
Jackie
We are really thinking about eastern in Nov 08. I would do a DD again but it looks like they are only doing them at holiday times. So thats out. I did my tax return Friday and when I get our refund I will be ready to book. I am really hopping to be crusing again with so of our wonderful Dis friends.
Keep in touch everyone... I miss chatting with all of you.
On a side note it is FREEZING here this AM. We so can't hadle temps in the 30's anymore. I feel like such a wimp!!

We are really thinking about eastern in Nov 08.

Yeah...cause that's my fall back plan if I chicken out (financially speaking) on the 15 day and if the Mexican 7 days are just too pricey compared to a FL based cruise (allowing $400 airfare too). You would THINK it would cost me less to do a CA based cruise, but seeing those starting prices are only $100 cheaper than the 15 day (!) who knows. Well, all will be revealed tomorrow. I plan on BOOKING the 15 day Westbound, right away, then over the next day or two do an on line cost comparison with my other options.

Yeah...cause that's my fall back plan if I chicken out (financially speaking) on the 15 day and if the Mexican 7 days are just too pricey compared to a FL based cruise (allowing $400 airfare too). You would THINK it would cost me less to do a CA based cruise, but seeing those starting prices are only $100 cheaper than the 15 day (!) who knows. Well, all will be revealed tomorrow. I plan on BOOKING the 15 day Westbound, right away, then over the next day or two do an on line cost comparison with my other options.

The Mexican cruises are 100 cheaper than a 15day? WHAT ARE THEY DOING?????

I thought Disney was supposed to be for everyone? This company is really making me mad!!!!!

I believe Walt would be rolling in his grave with all this "Bottom line" drive.

This world and big business completely get me bummed out!!!!! What about the children? I don't even have any - and I am sad for all those families who cannot even THINK of affording the things I am blessed with.

We are going westbound. Come join us!

Woody
Ohhhhhh.....that time of year doesn't work for us!
And Jackie has that darn election - I don't like how these jobs interfere with our FUN

OK you world travelers, my older sister and I are STILL unable to figure out where to go this summer. We need to stay in an RCI exchange property, we need the airfare not to be pricey (from Chicago/Phoenix), sister insists on some 'culture' being available (so no cabin in the woods/10 miles to town kind of thing).

We have been discussing 'the mountains'. Has anyone been to Whistler? There is a whole collection of "Whiskey Jack" properties, but we need to find out WHICH one(s) would work for us. We need A RESTAURANT in the resort (for those don't want to leave the building to eat needs) and would like to be walking distance to 'town'.

Any suggestions?

OK you world travelers, my older sister and I are STILL unable to figure out where to go this summer. We need to stay in an RCI exchange property, we need the airfare not to be pricey (from Chicago/Phoenix), sister insists on some 'culture' being available (so no cabin in the woods/10 miles to town kind of thing).

We have been discussing 'the mountains'. Has anyone been to Whistler? There is a whole collection of "Whiskey Jack" properties, but we need to find out WHICH one(s) would work for us. We need A RESTAURANT in the resort (for those don't want to leave the building to eat needs) and would like to be walking distance to 'town'.

Any suggestions?
Okay, as I am the TS Queen.....I don't know anything about the whiskeys but hear people speak highly of them.

But if you are thinking 'woodsy/mountainy' - how about Park City, Utah?

I don't have anything to search with in my RCI account right now but I know II has lots of nice resorts there....

The bad news is if you are thinking about THIS summer, it is very late for RCI....But you could also sign up for free with TPI - Trading Places International and use some of there 'last minute' deals.....
I will check II and see what I see ....PM me and let me know what you are trading in RCI and I will have some of my 'peeps' look for you.

Okay, as I am the TS Queen.....I don't know anything about the whiskeys but hear people speak highly of them.

But if you are thinking 'woodsy/mountainy' - how about Park City, Utah?

I don't have anything to search with in my RCI account right now but I know II has lots of nice resorts there....

The bad news is if you are thinking about THIS summer, it is very late for RCI....But you could also sign up for free with TPI - Trading Places International and use some of there 'last minute' deals.....
I will check II and see what I see ....PM me and let me know what you are trading in RCI and I will have some of my 'peeps' look for you.

Why am I not amazed at how you Dis'ers are constantly there to help....:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter