"NOW I've got the Disney Magic!"

Debbie

DIScovering DIS magic-missing my colours
Just wanted to let everyone know that our "surprise trip" to Disney worked very well!

We were down to Universal (how could you NOT get the at-Par pass from CAA?) the week of the 13th. We ended up going into Orlando a day early, and we did Universal and Belz, Premium Outlet and Typhoon Lagoon from Monday 'til Saturday.

We were really excited to be "on property" at the Courtyard (again, how could you NOT go at $20.02 a night?) and the Welcome to Walt Disney World sign started the vacation off right. We loved overlooking Downtown Disney and seeing the Fantasmic finale and the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks each night. It was a magic of it's own.

We were to finish the week with a meal at 'Ohana at the Poly. A trip on the monorail had my 11 year old, looking away from MK ("I can't bear to look") on the Saturday night. (note: I did feel like a rotter at this point, but my two voices talked to each other on my shoulder, and I decided to keep the surprise to myself for another 11 hours)

When we got back to the hotel on Saturday night, there was a message (thanks, Nancy!) for the girls to have a safe and non-fighting trip home.

On Sunday morning, we were off to our special farewell breakfast. I had booked the Storybook Princess Breakfast at Norway. Even though we were in line at 7:30 (I'd been told that that was when the plaza would open), it didn't open until 8:00. . .so there we were killing a half hour. Then the questions began. "How can we get into Epcot?" "Does our breakfast ticket allow us to go on any rides?" "Can we ride the monorail over to MK?" When I finally assured them that we had a FOUR day parkhopper (the residual of a 7-day PHP) to use, and that we were NOT going home until Friday, the bouncing, shrieks, hugs were all worth it! and the 11 yo's mantra for the day began, "I've got the Disney magic! I've got the Disney magic!" began.

We had a great time. Universal (first time) was AWESOME and I'd do that one again~especially with an at-par ticket. We paid $116 CND for three days. We used 2, so have another day for another trip. :D Disney was terrific, and, we got to see the parades at MK and MGM. We did the Fantasmic dinner package on Monday night and enight on the Tuesday. We were able to have some shopping, mini-golf, and just plain relaxing days, too.

So, all in all, a "cheap", fun trip that will probably be remembered for quite some time. But now. . .it's back to school and all the running around that the fall brings.

Reading your post put a smile on my face this morning. Glad you all got a little "Disney Magic".

I just wanted everyone to know that Debbie deserves some Disney magic at least once a year. I got to stay with her three teenagers while she took the younger ones away. After two weeks of Mom to the 15,16 & 17 year old, I was glad that she was able to have this vacation. All I have to say is that I'm glad my two children will NOT be teenagers at the same time. I'd still like to win the lottery though and force the teenagers to come and spend two weeks with me at Disney. They're good kids, just teenagers who love their old aunt being around???

Have a great day everyone!!

I could never have kept that a secret. LOL! To be in Orlando for a whole week and not go to Disney until the kids think it's time to come home. It would have been neat to see their faces when they realized their vacation had been extended! Glad you enjoyed Universal and IOA. I can't wait to go back!:Pinkbounc

I just love the fact that when someone from my family is getting some ;) ... Disney Magic, that is ... that we ALL feel that same Magic.

Mary Liz

Welcome back Debbie! So glad to hear that your "surprise" was such a huge success. I would have had a difficult time keeping that secret for such a long time too. We also bought the Universal 3 day @ par tickets and have used one day each trip. That is such a good deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter