Observations and facts from 6/14 trip

gscott8075

DVC Owner 2001 -2019
What a week - we added a DVC sampler to our trip before the cruise.

Here are our observations....

1. On Thursday, 6/14, OKW was at 65% occupancy. We stayed in a 1BR and it was fantastic. My kids loved the resort.

2. We were supposed to go to the Radisson for the night before the cruise. But, I wanted to explore. So, I was able to get an OKW studio on points when we checked out and we had immediate access. After I dropped the bags off, my daughter suggested that she wanted to try BWV. So, I called MS and they kindly lt me move my luggage, moved my points into a holding account, and got me a standard view at BWV!

OKW studios were sold out - apparently I had one of the last ones. I thought MS went above and beyond the call.

3. Since I bought a resale, I have not had much interaction with any guides. I tried twice to get the hard cover DVC book and had to beg for it. On the cruise, I went to the presentation and was turned off by it. I did not like their approach. Supporting Rich's theory, they were going after VB and HH. They minimized the 11/7 effect and then they described MB for both ($10 vs $5).

They would not confirm BCV.

Anyway, we are thrilled and are looking forward to HH in a few weeks.

I'm just curious. Is there a separate room for the DVC presentation on the cruise ship? How did they work it and why did it turn you off?

There is a DVC conference room which is a stateroom on deck 2.

DVC had a few presentaions in Studio Sea. It was billed in the Navigator as a virtual reality tour for members and other guests. I guess that was the first thing - I did not realize it was a full blown sales presentation.

We were invited apparently to tell "our story" which was compelling. I was going to tell my story of buying a resale and saving money that way, but I was afraid I would be tossed overboard so I kept my mouth shut!

They pushed VB and HH in a big way - both through Magical Beginnings ($10 pp for HH and VB or $5 for VWL with a $2000 limit. They pushed the WDW angle - a sales tactic which has been beaten to death on DIS.

They distributed very imtimidating finance sheets which had to be overwhelming for people looking into it for the first time. People around me did not understand the concept of a point.

The DVC get together - I thought it would be a member meeting ala the DVC resorts. Instead it was a Jeopardy game which was of limited value. I did win a nice beach towel (Name slide at BWV - a real toughie!)

Again, I am not flaming the guides - I just think it coulda' been a little different.

It would have been interesting if you had talked about your resale experience. They might have rued calling on you, but there are many different ways to join the program, as we know. Thanks for the reply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter