Obsessively Watching DVC Broker Sites

I'm still waiting to see someone post that fixed week they bought yesterday for 149PP PVB. I saw it when it was listed but wasn't my use year but for a fixed week that was a crazy strong price.
I saw that too! Was there and gone immediately. I offered on 2 fixed week contracts at Poly this week and was accepted but both were accepted at $155 and seller pays closing. They had been sitting for a while so I feel like I got a great deal. It's nuts what things are being listed for all of a sudden!

I saw that too! Was there and gone immediately. I offered on 2 fixed week contracts at Poly this week and was accepted but both were accepted at $155 and seller pays closing. They had been sitting for a while so I feel like I got a great deal. It's nuts what things are being listed for all of a sudden!
Weeks 51 + 52 in a LV?? I contemplated week 51 for so long but we wanted to see what views/rooms would be like in the tower before committing to that. Sad to see it gone but if you got them, congrats!! Week 51 in particular has great value since it is more expensive now than it was when the contract originated!

What FW was the $149/pp contract?

Are those Poly FWs lower points than current point charts (before the 10% premium)? It’s a great deal already. That’d be even better!

Are those Poly FWs lower points than current point charts (before the 10% premium)? It’s a great deal already. That’d be even better!
Week 51 is 253pts this year and the contract is for 242 including the 10% premium. I think week 52 is less than 242 (also the cost of week 52) this year, but that’s also because most of that week for 2024 falls into the new year when the daily point chart drops post NYE. I think week 52 probably fluctuates more because of this reason so some years it will have better value and others less.

Week 51 is 253pts this year and the contract is for 242 including the 10% premium. I think week 52 is less than 242 (also the cost of week 52) this year, but that’s also because most of that week for 2024 falls into the new year when the daily point chart drops post NYE. I think week 52 probably fluctuates more because of this reason so some years it will have better value and others less.
Thank you! Wow that is sweet.

Maybe that’s why they bought the pair. Nice strategy. There’s a bunch of good ways to use them.

Thank you! Wow that is sweet.

Maybe that’s why they bought the pair. Nice strategy. There’s a bunch of good ways to use them.
Yes it was the fixed weeks 51 and 52! They will almost always be Christmas and New Years weeks. We felt like with the guarantee for those weeks we would always have value either for use, points, or resale. I'm pretty excited. They are August use year (We will NEVER end up there in June-August because my family cannot tolerate the heat so it's kind of perfect).

Is 51 always going to be Christmas and 52 always going to include NYE or can it jump around? 🤔
Not always but usually. I have Week 52 and occasionally it includes Christmas as well - not ideal for me because I wouldn’t want to be away/travel that day. But it happens so infrequently that I’ve just decided to lose the day of points since the FW is so much less than canceling and booking the 6 nights on my own.

I'm prepared for IRL fisticuffs if we see a December Aulani Subsidized.

Actually, now that I look, it seems that the www.dvcforless.com site doesn't include Subsidized Dues as a filter.

Last edited by a moderator:
My use year is September, so that's what keeps me from randomly adding on 😅 I dread the day I find a BWV contract with a September Use Year that catches my eye
Kinda like trying to find a fairly priced Sept Grand Flo contract to go with a 150 contract we already bought. Was only 1 forever listed then finally a 2nd both still too high and about a week later both gone at the same time, lol. May just have to match another use year we have and transfer points at some point as I am against overpaying.

Kinda like trying to find a fairly priced Sept Grand Flo contract to go with a 150 contract we already bought. Was only 1 forever listed then finally a 2nd both still too high and about a week later both gone at the same time, lol. May just have to match another use year we have and transfer points at some point as I am against overpaying.
"Overpaying" is the buyer's way of saying they don't want to face the realities of the market. :laughing:

"Overpaying" is the buyer's way of saying they don't want to face the realities of the market. :laughing:
I mean... it's not really a market that you can reasonably expect to reach price equilibrium because there are too many distortions.

Example: A seller is willing to part with their contract for $80 and a buyer would be willing to pay $80 but Disney has been exercising ROFR on anything below $90. So buyers don't bother even offering "market price" because they know they're not going to get it anyways so the contract languishes even though sellers are willing to sell at a price buyers are willing to pay.

I mean... it's not really a market that you can reasonably expect to reach price equilibrium because there are too many distortions.

Example: A seller is willing to part with their contract for $80 and a buyer would be willing to pay $80 but Disney has been exercising ROFR on anything below $90. So buyers don't bother even offering "market price" because they know they're not going to get it anyways.
But the ROFR plays into market price just the same which, truth be told, is Disney's legal way of manipulating the market to protect their interests.

A cash buyer might be willing to pay way over market value for a home which doesn't need an appraisal from a bank or lender, which shows up eventually as sales history.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter